Season 11 - Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    I know what your saying Tek...did some testing yesterday and my car had a magnetic attraction
    to the armco.
  2. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    X4rotorsploxX S.Leonheart (GT6)
    Not sure If I will make it tomorrow night. Boss' are shouting drinks at work, just for the Triple J's hottest 100 of all time, so even if I do rock up I'll probably be way off :p
  3. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    A fair bit cheaper at MSY too:
    http://msy.com.au/product.jsp?productId=7115
  4. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Yeah cool, I just used office works as most people have one near by ;)
  5. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Actually, that's a good point. If you show Officeworks MSY's price, you will get it 5% cheaper.
  6. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I got a range extender, just struggling to set it up, just can't wait to get rid of TYPE 3!
  7. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I got it to work, but I still have Type 3.... Even after a number of resets and retries... FFS
  8. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

hmmm well, I think doug said he might not make this round and I guess you guys have to take turns till sorted so you up anyway. You and doug definatley have issues though Ive seen it for my self, the 1st round showed it up perfectly as soon as doug left you could join.

And N64 did try and join garys room as I messaged him. so hes tried 3 hosts and got same thing. Ive never seen this issue in the past though.

Its ruining your champ chances though, maybe your cursed :p Last season I thought u had div 2 champ in the bag.

Last week was my 1st div2 race win since season 6 or 7 so it had been a while between drinks, had quite few 2nds and felt i was the enturnal bridesmaid. So was good to get the monkey of my back.,
  9. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    With this new thing I bought I have already seen a big increase in the connection smoothness (every BO2 match I played today had a 4 bar connection, which has NEVER happened before). I do think that it JUST might cure the plague. I still have no idea why it is still Type 3, I was sure that it would change it. It will be an absolute travesty if our chances are swept away by these issues.

I never had the title in the bag m8, I was only good for the first 2 races (one of which was ruined by strategy) so I eventually tumbled to 6th.
  10. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Well that sounds positive about the connection hopefully it will help. I hate to see ppl miss out.
  11. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Mate, check this link out, tons on info for best router/ps3 configuration.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/tech-centre/16307-ps3-optimal-network-settings-guide.html
  12. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Thanks, if I get time tomorrow I'll check out what I can do, if Dougz isn't racing I perhaps can wait until I get time during the week (I'm extremely busy on Sundays), but I'll check it out. Just one thing, could it increase the risk if cyber attacks?
  13. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    These settings will only open the door for your ps3, so it gets rid of any connecion issues. it is extremely unlikely a PS3 would be the target of attacks.
  14. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Mate, go race in Div 1 and you'll get plenty of Cyber attacks!! He loves going 3 wide into corners!
  15. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    That was ridiculously fun! I was a large critic of Hard tyres on this atrocious circuit but it somehow delivered some top CQC racing.

I qualified a disappointing 4th, but within half a lap I had moved into 1st after passing OverDrivve at the start, and Joe and the pole sitter Dutch making a meal of the downhill braking zone, easiest double overtake ever! And that's how things stayed. The gap grew to 5 seconds over Dutch, who scored a ridiculous FL of 1:24:3.

Starting last in race 2, I got a perfect start and got ahead of Durch, gary and OverDrivve. It turned into a 3 way battle between Joe, Tek and myself, soon joined by gary. Gary got absolutely destroyed by the pitwall, and was fortunate to lose just one place. On lap 11, I ran wide at turn 1, losing 2 positions. Strangely, Tek waited for me at the turn 2/3 complex, gifting Joe the win. This instigated an epic battle to the finish between myself and Tek, oh how wonderful it was! I scored the fastest lap with a 1:24:5

I'm pumped to come away with the round win, two out of three ain't bad eh?
    I really can't wait for Monza, it'll be interesting to see the slipstreaming battles that take place here.

Cheers, Jono
  16. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  17. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

That pulling over cost me heaps in the end, I needed to finish 2nd in the second race at least. I think the way the points pan out ill end up 5th overall despite finishing 4th and 3rd :(
  18. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Yea its a tough track to pass on especially on hards, only two spots really into turn 1 and the back long hairpin left.

When I was behind Joe the 1st race I had planned to try and take Joe on that long hairpin as he took a very wide line through there. (I was hoping to try the same move on you 64 but you took it tighter) I nearly gave away my plan to early and thought Joe might start closing the door after that he didnt though. Lap 14 as we started catching overdrivve I knew it was time to act other wise he get passed overdrivve 1st and pull away. So i went for it got the pass there then got overdrive into the last chicane and was able to pull away.

2 enjoyable races but a bad result really glad the hards are over and done with, I much prefer that track in the opposite direction to be honest.

Congrats to the top 3 who I think will be
    N64
    Joe
    Dutch

(dutch and joe might swap places depend on dutches final finish spot race 2, need to check replay)
  19. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Did you guys have any issues this week with the network??

I am going to aim to be on Wed or Thurs night. Would like to get N64 and Dougz to test their compatibility again.
  20. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    The room was very smooth actually Anon, I think my booster has helped enormously.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.