Season 3 car discussion

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    100% agree. i dunno, it just feels so racey, which i love.
  2. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Well after some further testing i've done a full 180 on my car preference. The more and more I drive the radical the more I understand its quirks and how to drive it such that it doesn't snap on you. I favoured the formula C because of its predictability and the fact that in the brief testing session on Sunday I was a full 2.5s a lap clear of the rest of the field around Nurb GP. While I potentially may not be as ultra competitive in the radical, its far superior turn in and cornering performance at low speed makes it far more enjoyable to drive. While the radical lacks the need for fuel strategy due to its motorcycle engine fuel economy it does have lights allowing for visually spectacular night or dawn to day / day to dusk racing.

From the views shared in lobbies and within this thread I believe we're a single poll away from locking our season 3 car in as I predict the radical to collect at least 50% of the votes regardless of how many other cars get put into the initial season 3 car poll.

EDIT: I forgot to add that with the radical I don't expect many to be spending a lot of time in the garage tuning as IMO the suspension settings feel perfect stock. The FC on the other hand potentially could be a tuners paradise if you could achieve better turn in and reduce understeer. The only thing I could see people trying to gain an advantage with the radical is through reducing downforce however unlike GT6 I believe the gain in straight-line speed is minimal compared to what you loose in the high speed corners.
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
    webnomad, stucar17, Spidey_11 and 5 others like this.
  3. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    yeah i agree, reckon it will be the overwhelming favourite in the poll, when it goes up.
  4. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    I know that the track decisions have always be made out the back but why not try for this season opening a poll for the 7 tracks required or maybe 4 out the back and 3 by the masses ... I have compiled a "tracks used in Project Cars" in series of 3 races or more that I will share in here to give everyone an idea of what has and hasn't been used....
    webnomad and Zachery like this.
  5. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Out the back, I thought it was odd a month before the season started half of Rooz somehow knew the 7 round calendar
    beakeroo likes this.
  6. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Yup, I heard half the tracks from some guys who noticed D1 drivers practicing on certain tracks a lot all of a sudden. All turned out to be right lol.
    Zachery likes this.
  7. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    i mustve been the other half of rooz then :(
  8. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    The half that know would be the ones practicing with stu:whistling:
  9. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Hah yeah I wasn't familiar with the track list either just followed the crowd, turns out they knew what was going on!
    Zachery and beakeroo like this.
  10. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Total bollocks guys, I did more practice and testing with Stu than anybody and I didn't know what tracks were going to be selected, there is no illuminati conspiracies within ROOZ .......... Yet????
  11. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Except for that damn fish
  12. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    I didn't say it came from testers, I'm pretty sure I posted two of the tracks before testing began!
  13. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    TRACKGATE:cautious:...
    beakeroo likes this.
  14. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Yeah, it's nothing really. I did post what I heard though and I think it was Hock and Snetterton? I can't remember now.
  15. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    i heard the same...
    beakeroo likes this.
  16. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    :( Can ABSOLUTELY guarantee that NO-ONE knew what tracks were going to be used until i released the track list.

There were a lot of drivers who helped me test, and i had narrowed it down to about 10, with their help. WIth that, they didnt have to be rocket scientists to work out what some would be as it was agreed that they suited the car......it didnt guarantee that track was selected, or what format that race might have been......

For one simple reason Vardz......it stops arguments. With the size of the track list, what suits some and not others, a vote or not still wont keep everyone happy so best to steer clear of giving people people a chance to whinge ;)
    Zachery and t_b_williams like this.
  17. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    whingers will whinge whether it is car selection or a track list... you said in the lead up to s2 that you had narrowed it down to 9 i think it was a week out from the list release... why not put that to the vote at that stage... or a take on what i said, you nail 3 or 4 and then vote on the remaining short list of what is required to fill the season list...
    beakeroo likes this.
  18. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    while we are on the track topic, the radical drives very nicely on Bathurst ;) so if we go with the radical and tuning is allowed it would be nice to see, just my opinion.
    beakeroo likes this.
  19. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Given they're used as a support race I'd say Bathurst is a must if they were to win!
    Zachery likes this.
  20. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    tuning is 95% certain.......the only thing that may change it is if they throw an update at the game that fixes the fuel glitchin non tune mode
    zuluwoffle and Zachery like this.