Season 3 Teams Championship

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 15, 2014.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    why dont you implement a draft where the lowest finishing team gets say 3 picks to the total value of say $90, and work your way back so the team that finishes first has only 1 free pick to the value of say $20 ??(only nominated captains are protected from being drafted to another team)

Over time the teams will even out in theory....
    Kart-No-1 likes this.
  2. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    C'mon fellow HTO drivers!! Lets get some epic results to take this one home!!! :D
    Cyber_STIG_77 likes this.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Thanks for all the ideas guys! I think I will lean more towards a Captain being able to retain any of their drivers for their current cost +$10 but with a minimum total of $40.
    Rather than a draft or points system, the lower a team finishes, the higher budget they will have for next season.
    i.e. we have 7 teams.
    Team 1 has the standard $300
    Team 2 has $320
    Team 3 has $340
    Team 4 has $360
    Team 5 has $380
    Team 6 has $400
    Team 7 has $420

Also teams who underspent at the beginning of the season can have that extra $$ for next season. (RZR & PRT only spent $280 so will get a bonus $20)

Edit: updated the budget amounts to account for driver value inflation

Does this seem fair?

(The only thing that makes it tricky with draft or trade systems is there is more work to be done behind the scenes and also the division split)
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
    Cyber_STIG_77 likes this.
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @Fastboysmith has given me another idea for next season Captaincies. For Captains that do not wish to retain the Captaincy, they may offer it to a member of their current Season 3 team which said member can accept/reject.
    Possibly this will result in no voting being required with all Captains being decided either by retention or transfer.
    Peter Wise and Anon666 like this.
  5. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    Sweet im in a team :) can i ask what RZR means?
    And anyway too see who's in my team?
    Happy to be in a team now i just need my internet fix so i don't d/c all the time but that will take awhile :(
  6. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

KeedenMcdonald likes this.
  7. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  8. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
  9. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    In the interest of having each team represented in each division, each team must have a driver from each division signed for next season.
    stucar17 likes this.
  10. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    HTO failed to capitalise on TLR with both teams failing to score over 100pts this round.
    However, GRT RZR NLR each had their best rounds and along with PRT are very close for 3rd spot.
    Mister_Bond_747 likes this.
  12. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    1st and 2nd are out of reach, so GRT will be looking to consolidate the final podium spot!
  13. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Congrats @MINT_GTR on captaining the winning team!
  14. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Great job with this @Hatfield .

Scores look pretty damn close, i do think though the BHR needs a little boost ;)
    SPL Racing likes this.
  15. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Thanks! BHR just had bad luck the whole season. Last round was no different, their main joker pick went well but had already been used twice this season.
    Their budget will be larger than the other teams next season so hopefully they use this to their advantage.
    SPL Racing and stucar17 like this.
  16. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    didn't know the results were finalised yet ?
  17. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Yeah,I think we only had four starters total across all divs, but reserve joker killercarlcox bagged a win to ease the pain slightly, :):):):)ty attendance just killed us all season, maybe there's not enough drivers for so many teams and the merging of some teams might be necessary, shame really.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  18. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Hatfield said TLR won in the shoutbox.
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    There is definitely enough drivers for 7 teams. BHR suffered from unlucky picks who did not attend the entire season. Unfortunately, mid season drafts did not help enough to make the outfit competitive every week. But next season BHR will have an increased budget so the skies the limit.
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2014