Season 4 car discussion

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Im gonna keep this short. But cagme is 100% correct about some drivers liking different cars. This radical really suits my driving style whereas the merc really didnt.

Why dont we float the idea of having a particular class instead of a particular car for sunday series?
  2. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

I don't think tuning has anything to do with people aren't competitive it all comes to do practice and learning the track, for example I was practicing at zhuhai the other night first off tried my spa tune first got a mid 31ish spent the next 2 hours trying to make it better every 5 or so laps changing it only to make it slower or no difference ended up going back to my spa tune and just running lap after lap finally got down in the mid 29s and a couple of laps very close to the 28s changed nothing all I did was practice and learn the track, and it was stus spa tune posted up, practice is everything.. Same as gt6 with no tuning, if your not practicing don't expect to win.
    v8power383 and Zachery like this.
  3. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    c'mon, i havent dominated anything....had 2 tracks where my lap pace was good, but in reality if all the drivers started i would be mid pack (on lap pace). Monza i was lucky, R1 i was able to do 2 weeks of practice so was up the front and as for spa, was 3rd on lap times without some fast guys turning a lap. I have never dominated a season but been in the mix due to a little consistency and showing up most weeks. Hell, in 20 odd seasons i have never won a championship and although i have been runner up a few times i was still mid pack at most tracks in lap times.
    Zachery likes this.
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I have seen a series which runs a qually like this. The top 16 got to race and the rest scored points based on their position after qually from 17 and onwards.

You could have like qually the week before where all qually times are recorded and divisions for the race based on that. Then you would need to run qually during the week or saturday night to setup the next races divisions.
    But this has potentially more problems...
    To stop the qually sandbagging you would score more if you were in the higher division room... effectively meaning you were scored against all drivers not just your division on the night (although last in div 1 would have to score more points than first in div 2)
  5. Slambobagan

Not keen on more than 1 car per season it would require even more time learning the different cars,
    If people want variety that's what the community events are for.
    v8power383 and stucar17 like this.
  6. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    I tend to agree with @Slambobagan on that one.
    I know we want to keep numbers up and certain people are having issues. Regarding the div1 guys not showing and others losimg interest. But the sunday series is what rooz is all about. I dunno. Cant really say to much as we havent had less then 12 starters in div3 and the championship is being dominated by me and @SPL Racing. So is it a case of changing the series or (as much as i hate to say it) a spoonful of cement sort of scenario?

EDIT: Thats a question, not a shot at the guys that want change. Pls dont take it the wrong way.
    SPL Racing, VARDZ and Slambobagan like this.
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Agree......

I dont think we need to overcomplicate things guys.....
    The model we have used for 20 odd seasons worked a treat, and grid sizes were maintained across all divs (for the most part) Also, it doesnt matter what we ultimately come up with, it wont suit everyone so i honestly think we just need to keep it simple, use general pace from previous season to come up with the divs (there is no perfect way to come up with this) and make sure that the track selections marry up with the car selected.
    SPL Racing, Slambobagan and Zachery like this.
  8. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    If it's not broken don't fix it,
    Seriously guys I have only been race here since season 5 on GT6 and every season starts the same way with people wanting thinks changed, I think if people spent more time practising instead of pissing and mouning on the forum about this and that not being fair so for those who don't already know this "lifes not fair" grow up and get over it seriously get back on topic enough is enough nothing well be looked at until the car is locked in
    That's my rant over
  9. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

I'll make this my last post on the topic.

There's plenty of cars that would be great for 2 or 3 races but not necessarily cars that you would recommend for a full 7 round series. If you were to go down the multiple car route you'd definitely have to turn tuning off as it's hard enough to get a decent setup for one car let alone 2 or 3. With that in mind races would become straight sprints so a change back to a 45 minute race length from the current 55 minute race length would be welcomed. It wouldn't overcomplicate things. Possibly for those that like to put a lot of practice in but not those who just turn up on the night for some fun. If that were the case would @v8power383 no practice Tuesdays series be as successful as it is? I'd think not. Hell AC is running a different car every race in their current season and I don't believe there's ever been a complaint in the past. In fact if you were to base the successfulness of a series format by comparing the number of starters in race one with the number of starters in the final round then AC is without a doubt ROOZ's most successful series and by some margin too.

Also a quick comment on car and track selection for season 4. With season 4 likely to be its last i'd like to see a car(s) and tracks that are unique to the game and unlikely to be in either AC or GT Sport.

Now onto a possible season 4 calendar:

Round 1 and 2: BMW 320 Turbo Group 5
    [​IMG]
    Group 5 is without a doubt the best sounding class in the game. The BMW is definitely the better handling of the two and with no tune you their's not need to put the boost up to max at which point it becomes an over powered mess. As far as classic cars go it has plenty of grip and with GT Sport focusing on modern cars it is unlikely that we'll get the opportunity to race such a gem of the car on any other platform.

As for the tracks. You cant go past Bathurst. Yes I know I said we should avoid tracks that would appear in future games but it doesn't appear in AC and it's yet to be confirmed that it will appear in GT Sport and with only 20 tracks there's a chance (albeit small) that it won't make the cut. The gearbox while fairly short is just long enough for conrod straight too. As for the second track I would have to go with Silverstone Classic. A very high speed flowing circuit that would generate some very close racing in this car.

Round 3 and 4: Dallara DW-12 (Indy car)
    [​IMG]
    An open wheeler is yet to be used in any GT or PCars sunday league season and what better open wheeler than an Indy Car. A very well balanced car and perfect to run without a tune unlike some of the other open wheelers who's tyres remain cold with their default tyre pressures. It also has 'push to pass' which should mix things up a little.

As for tracks PCars has 3 Indy car tracks: Watkins Glen GP, Road America and Sonoma GP. With Watkins Glen being used in season 3 the obvious picks are Road America and Sonoma GP both of which offer their own unique challenges.

Rounds 5 and 6: Ginetta G55 GT4
    [​IMG]
    Easily the most well balanced GT4 car in the game. Unlike the other cars in its class it is highly unlikely that it will make an appearance in AC or GT Sport. Drives great on its default setup and does well at keeping its tyres in the ideal temperature window around most tracks. It is also the car our very own Mint has raced in.

As for the tracks it would be a no brainer to pick from the in game tracks that make it on the British GT Championship calendar. All but one track is available in game but the tracks unique to PCars are Donnington, Snetterton and Oulton Park. The layouts used are those used in season 2 but each offers at least one other layout that can be used if you didn't want to use the exact same tracks.

So my ideal season would look like this:
    Round 1 - BMW 320 Turbo Group 5 - Bathurst
    Round 2 - BMW 320 Turbo Group 5 - Silverstone Classic
    Round 3 - Dallara DW-12 - Sonoma GP
    Round 4 - Dallara DW-12 - Road America
    Round 5 - Ginetta G55 GT4 - Oulton Park Island
    Round 6 - Ginetta G55 GT4 - Snetterton 200
    Round 7 - Car vote - Track pre determined for each car or a track that would suit all 3 such as Hockenheim.

I know I originally said to use a road car as one of the options but couldn't go past what the above 3 cars offer in terms of variety and pleasure to drive with default setups.
    Killercarlcox69 likes this.
  10. vh_mik

vh_mik Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    vh_mik
    pretty much the way i see it:
    Div 1: People are too ultra competitive and if they don`t win or place in top 3 they don`t want to race anymore. hence low numbers
    Div 2-3-4: Plenty of good banter and if they win or lose are still always happy. They turn up week in week out, share tunes and post practice lap times. always has good numbers in races and they have a good chat afterwards. Have yet to see nearly any of this in Div 1.
  11. COME_AND_GET_ME7

Yup then the div 2 drivers get put up into div 1 to fill the void that those who withdrew midseason left behind and then there comes a point when there's no drivers left. In my many seasons at ROOZ I've observed that once you make it into div 1 its very unlikely you'll ever be put down a div for this very reason.
    Zachery likes this.
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    GT6 division one this season has been pretty good.
    I didn't want to see the major drop off with attendance so I stacked the division full. The lowest we have had so far is 11 last round at the ring.
    Although pcars div 1 started with 14 signups so even with the other 2 drivers the drop may still have happened
  13. Slambobagan

I think the car and tracks should be chosen before people sign up to season 4 there's people that signed up but haven't raced at all wasting space in the division, possibly due to them not liking the car? We could have run 3 divisions this season and there still would of been a few spots left.
    fezza and Zachery like this.
  14. vh_mik

vh_mik Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    vh_mik
    doesn`t matter what car is picked or whether tuning/non tuning, div 1 will start with 10-12 people, and mid season will drop to 4 maybe 5. Its just the nature of most div 1 drivers that if they cant win then why bother. Div 2-3-4 will maintain their numbers (may drop by 1 or 2 but they`ll still have alright grids) for the season.
  15. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    :)
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  16. COME_AND_GET_ME7

What did you want? You were the one who brought up the possibility of multiple cars last night?
  17. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    :thumbsup:
  18. COME_AND_GET_ME7

Well you could always run the best of the best with the worst of the worst in a single room. i.e. the top 8 and bottom 8. That should hopefully provide a room that everyone is closely matched and should allow for some of the slower guys to get on the podium who otherwise wouldn't as the range in pace in div 4 is typically very large.

EDIT: Or you could run ROOZ as one big division across multiple rooms with promotion/relegation each round based on finishing position or race time in the previous race. Obviously there is details that would require sorting out like what to do with DSC's and DNS's but it would provide a means of maintaining full rooms.
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    There are so many things we "could" do, but TBH i think we are over complicating it.

I still think if we run a car with no tune so guys can just spend a few hours per week, then rock up to race we will have fuller grids and more battles. This is what happens in GT and had always happened.

Up until we went down the tuning path thats when it all turned to :):):):).....far too much of a coincidence for me.

As far as AC goes, they have just run a shorter, knock about series to end the same time as the GT6 and PCars series finishes so they are in line with everyone for the prizedraw, hence the different regs this season
    SuiCid3, garyw61 and Spidey_11 like this.
  20. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Ginetta GT4
    No tune,1x or no wear, normal or no fuel usage, grid girls, champagne, unicorns, alpacas and milk that tastes like real milk?

Seems like the best option as it ticks 90% of milk carto.......boxes. Will be around to do some testing but seriously if you want good, competitive racing then this is the car.
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
    autech91, Spidey_11, VARDZ and 5 others like this.