Season 4 car discussion

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Could always leave the final sorting of the divs to the week of race 1, have a simple y or n question to everyone a few days before the race,
    Are you still racing yes or no, ? if yes don't waste time and only race the one time try make an attempt to participate in the whole season;
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  2. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Season 4 CAR discussion :);)o_O
  3. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
  4. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    I like custard.
  5. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Oi, was it on the list?
    Zachery likes this.
  6. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Season 4 Custard discussion
    Zachery likes this.
  7. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
  8. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    I like milk
  9. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I did like to think of us as a bit of a democracy lol, but dictator would probably work just as well in hindsight !
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Drove the Ginetta last night for a few races, stock tune on fuel off and wear on real......stonking car....
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  11. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    *Opens dictionary*
    EDIT: You weren't talking crap about the Ginetta after all.

Seriously though, i think you could even run tuning with this thing, from what i remember this car doesn't change much but ill give it a run later and see.
    stucar17 likes this.
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    The issue with the tuning is the time people are putting into it, and not coming up with a result. At least with it off they know its the driver, not the tune and its easier to live with !
  13. zuluwoffle

zuluwoffle Team Driver

PSN ID
    zuluwoffle
    Plus there is nothing worse then putting hours into a tune to then get DSC during the race :mad:
  14. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Well yesterday afternoon I tried the ginetta, initially I found it dull and boring to drive. Last night however a few of us ran some short races in it at various locations and boy was I wrong. It was some of the closest and most fun racing I have ever done. I doubt there was anyone there that did not have a great time, except cagme that I kept crashing in to. Sorry mate. Have to admit, was keen on another tuning series but if this car gets the nod without tuning it could need minimal practice time to get on the pace. Did I mention how awesome it is.
    Anyway, thanks for the run last night to stu and co, let's do it again soon.
    Cheers
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  15. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Have to agree with this, last night racing the Ginetta was some of the best racing I've ever had on this game! The pace spread was super close and so was the racing, bloody awesome car to knock around a track.
  16. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Yeah i'm with you Kart, that was a blast! Especially the restart after the safety car at Laguna Seca, 6 or 7 cars nose to tail for the last 2 laps, no bumping or rubbing just good hard clean racing. Tyres were great on stock pressures and I don't think it would matter if you did 10 mins or 10 hours of practice, times would still be pretty close.
  17. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    The radical was the same in testing very close races but once the season started it changed into some very boring and lonely races
  18. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    I did a 41 lap race of Silverstone GP last night in the GT3s in the rain with no practice, full damage, real wear and fuel with guys I only race with every other Friday and it was awesome on the edge of grip and driving ability all race with some great battles to finish 4th and after 3 racers with these guys I'm now looking at seeing if they are keen to join rooz so close racing can be done in cars that are hard to drive when people don't drive like bulls in a China shop trying to win by turn one
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
    Flukyluke99 and stucar17 like this.
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok guys,

We are making an executive decision (with the other mods) that the car of choice for season 4 will be the Ginetta GT4

Tuning will be OFF, and the wear rates for tires and fuel will be confirmed in the next few weeks. It is likely that tire wear will be off, while fuel will be on real.....

We have come to this decision based on the following points.
    - Clear dislike of the tuning aspect of season 3.
    - Reduced number of drivers due to tuning and the time taken to be competitive.
    - The ginetta is a fantastic car with the stock tune
    - easy to race in a pack as a number of us saw last week
    - has a pretty big fuel tank to minimise a need to pit (based on fuel burn selected)
    - Plenty of grip and is reasonable on its tires

After the number of withdrawals, we have decided to try the formula that had worked for so many seasons on GT6, and keep things simple, getting back to the "racing" rather than "testing".

More details to come in due course.

Stu
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    guys, further to the above, on the tire wear rates....

We are still undecided, i think i have been driving on real.....however there are some drivers who may not be able to get to the end of the race on that setting....

@Samsung1998racer is there a slow option ?

If there isnt, we will probably have to run with wear off, not ideal, however with the way the pit options work it doesnt really leave us with any other option.

Fuel will be sorted on the fuel burn per track, and what is needed to get to the end.

ALL DRIVERS will be asked to make a tuning adjustment to their car so the fuel issue is negated. ANY DRIVER WHO IS CLEARLY CHEATING THE FUEL GLITCH WILL BE EXCLUDED FROM THE RESULTS. THIS WILL BE PRETTY OBVIOUS BETWEEN QUAL PACE AND RACE PACE ;)
    Spidey_11 likes this.