Season 4 car discussion

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jun 9, 2016.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I like unicorns and grid girls
    Blindman and Sam D Blacklock like this.
  2. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    I like milk
    stucar17 likes this.
  3. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    If we're gonna run no tune we have to consider that it can be very difficult to get tyres up to temp on default tyre pressures so will need to think about a car that has a soft tyre compound but also the track temps we use which are track, season and weather dependent. Just things that need to be considered...
    VARDZ and Kart-No-1 like this.
  4. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Doesn't really matter that much because everyone has to race the same thing anyway
    autech91 and Killercarlcox69 like this.
  5. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Thats true, but whose gonna race if u cant get tyres up to a reasonable temp and have no grip at all?
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  6. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

If that's the case your simply not pushing hard enough. I'm more concerned with red hot tyres as their's nothing you can do about those.
    Sam D Blacklock and Zachery like this.
  7. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Run the room settings to suit???
    In iRacing when they have fixed setup series the track temperature is set so at normal pace tyres don't overheat. You have this option in pcars.

I'm just gonna say it this game is :):):):)ed, tyre wear is munted from one person to another (especially in the wet), so run either off or normal. Throw pitstops out the window you don't need them ( have 1 maybe for the enduro to break it up a bit).

Just have a straight forward race, worked well for the Ginetta Jnr series and season 1, run tune or No Tune tbh it doesn't make a :):):):) of difference, if you don't know what you're doing and the people sharing there tunes have no clue or were looking at the wrong thing to fix... one thing i have learnt running the V8SC on iRacing you need to figure out how to drive the car before even thinking about where to start with tuning.

But whatever you choose i pretty much comfirmed to not be there as I'm going to give the OSR V8 Supercars Development series a good crack.
    The_Spectre likes this.
  8. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    I like milk and chocolate milk is my favourite
    Sam D Blacklock and Zachery like this.
  9. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Stu ... and Mods .MAKE THE CALL! Decide the track list & the car and most important decide the regs now ... if the numbers come they come... If it is all there in front them and they want to race they will if they dont they wont... simple
    stucar17 likes this.
  10. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    Has anyone seen the new Top Gear I've seen it and I think it sucks
    stucar17 and Zachery like this.
  11. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Just seems we are losing numbers . Is it because of the car , or is it because of tuning ?
  12. zuluwoffle

zuluwoffle Team Driver

PSN ID
    zuluwoffle
    Spot on Mik. Said this at the end of last season, hence the reason for div 1a and 1b but it hasn't worked.

As a suggestion, why not simplify the tuning allowed? Wear put on real, fuel off, then allow tuning only for pressures, downforce, brake balance, brake pressure, radiator/brake ducts (usually closed anyway), final drive and everything on default. The amount of time I've spent trying to learn about all the facets of tuning in this game especially dampers has been exhausting, by simplifying the tuning and selecting a car that is good on a default tune we should be able to just look forward to racing each week. I've experienced this in a different league and it seems to work and make the racing nice and close.
  13. zuluwoffle

zuluwoffle Team Driver

PSN ID
    zuluwoffle
    I think it's a lot of things such as people not being able to put the time aside for tuning, the car, the feeling of not being competitive etc
  14. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

How about just using a road car they have limited tuning options anyway. Might be abit more forgiving Than a race car too, I know with the radical it's hard to punch out quick laps on the limit without making mistakes maybe abit easier in a road car.?
    v8power383 and zuluwoffle like this.
  15. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    Well it's 50/50 in the car poll at the moment 17 votes each
  16. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    I'll take bribes I haven't voted yet ! Lol
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  17. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    The car. Tuning. Not having the pace due to no tuning. Wasting all my time with tuning and still no pace compared to the filed. Low numbers. Racing by yourself for 20+ laps feels like a boring practice session. The big point is all of that = not having fun, and if it's not fun I'm not going to turn up. Why do something if it's not fun.
    I'm definitely not bagging on anyone, I appreciate all the work that the mods and members put in to provide this community but this season just hasn't worked for me.
  18. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    You will take anything i heard !
    Sam D Blacklock and Kart-No-1 like this.
  19. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    I did suggest compacting the 4 divs into 3 before S3 started, but didn't happen. There are always higher signups before a season compared to the number that finally shows up for the first race. There are also the occasions when a couple of people can't make races for one reason or another, so 3 divs would be perfect.
  20. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    So what do you say to 49 th person that signs on? Nah sorry mate but we had too many no shows last season so thanks for entry but we have no room for you, maybe next time