Season 4 - Division 1- Powered by TURTLE BEACH

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jun 20, 2016.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    did N64 blow up at the bump and run at turn 2 ? :p
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  2. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Nice tap Seth, thought we were meant to redress this stuff lol
  3. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    good thing i'm not handing out penalties there !!!! What about the run off at watkins in turn 1...was almost in row 12 of the grandstand:p
  4. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Haha looks like good fun racing
  5. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Just extend the Penalty to his first race of s4 :p for not upholding ROOZ Driving standards lol
  6. autech91

autech91 Professional

Yeah and at Silverstone turn 1, was waiting for the penalty. Poor old @N64TheStig007 got a good hammering off the track too.
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    generally he deserves it in all cases
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  8. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    I only tapped N64 oh well :p, plus his reaction in the party was priceless, I couldn't quote it here though :whistling:

I took the NASCAR Watkins turn 1 line waving to my sponsors they wouldn't wave back sadly
  9. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Alright all, generic post just to update where we are at for the upcoming season.....Please take 2 mins to read.....

The OP has been updated, and i will get the room hosts etc sorted out in the next week.....people with a solid connection if you could nominate yourself to host would be great......As always, if we need to make a change to the regs mid season where there is a clear cause to do so , then the mod team reserve the right in the interest of the league

Regs: Can confirm that tuning will be OFF for all rounds, with the only 'possibility' of the enduro having tuning. Its only a "possibility" at this stage, i just need to test the tire and fuel wear over a race length.....Tire wear will be SLOW for all rounds and this will mean that even those hardest on tires wont be killing them. With the Fuel, we will look at either real or slow depending on the track and fuel burn so it takes the need to pit out of the equation. Ideally, it will be the same through the season.
    Track list: As always we will try to mix up the list from previous seasons, and run tracks that are either new, or havent been run for a while....Hope to have these sorted next week, and will release them on the 17th for the meet and greet.
    Start date : Confirmed for the 17th July for the meet and greet and round 1 will be on the 24th July
    Div placement : as always, this is a :):):):) of a job, but have based most drivers on last seasons results and also known pace....At this stage all placements are PROVISIONAL, and there is always some changes with new entries and withdrawals as we get closer to round 1. Please keep an eye on where you are placed, if moved you will be notified. As always, if you dont see your name in the division lists please let me know, the same if you see someone WELL out of position, let me know via PM so we can look at it.

Driving standards : This is the big one this season, and something that i really want everyone to understand and follow. Most of us have been here long enough to know how this works, and with the expected close racing this season in this car, i really dont want to have to sort through 6 or 7 protests every week because someone decided to play 10 pin with the cars in front :rolleyes:. Last few seasons have been pretty good, however this car should give really close racing so everyone will have to have their brains switched on :geek:

We all know the deal.....if a car gets along side and has the corner, give them room and continue the fight. :D
    General rule is the B pillar, be aware and give room.
    Drivers who 'kamakazi' into a corner and make contact can expect a penalty if you dont redress.

If you hit another driver up the rear, and knock them off track then you
    MUST REDRESS. Wait and give the spot back. I DONT WANT ROOMS EMPTYING BECAUSE OF ROUGH DRIVING. PENALTIES WILL BE APPLIED IN THE FORM OF A 30 SEC DRIVE THROUGH FOR ANYONE NOT REDRESSING OF A CLEAR AND PROVEN BREACH.

NO SWERVING :
    Was highlighted again last season. you may change your line once, and thats it. Swerving drivers will incur a drive through penalty
    INTENTIONAL KNOCKING DOWN OF BRAKE MARKERS DURING QUAL : Not cool, any driver caught doing this will be given a 30 sec drive through penalty added to their race time.
    RETURNING TO TRACK : please be aware of those around you and where cars will be coming past on the race line if you find yourself off and coming back on.
    TRACK LIMITS : As always, the white line or ripple strip is the track limit and drivers CLEARLY exceeding then to gain advantage WILL INCUR A PENALTY. Make a mistake once or twice its generally ok, more than that and its cheating. Penalties and flags will be ON, so most of the time things are ok and the game self penalizes.

That said, there is occasion where lag or room issues does have an effect and we have seen that on numerous occasions. If you want to protest please PM a mod and room captains for a ruling. This means you will need to SAVE THE REPLAY and get a copy to us to look at the incident.
    RULES AND REGS ARE LOCATED HERE:
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/racing-rules-regulations.70/

Stay tuned for further updates and driver shuffles over the next week

Cheers stu / mod team
  11. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    @stucar17 if you cant workout something for the endurance event, how about 2X 45 minute races, im not sure how you would score it though
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  12. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

So why can't we have pit stops with tuning off? Is there a glitch?
    seth123 likes this.
  13. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    you cant tune the pit strat so basically just a drive through
  14. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Yeah, when rejoining, don't do this...
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok guys, getting close to having the divs sorted, just a couple of people to fit in. By the looks of it we have a near capacity grid in every div which is great, but if you have changed your mind PLEASE LET ME KNOW !

For our div 1 grid, looking at the field, do we want to run 1A and 1B this season.....looking at the grid, and knowing the pace the fast guys, i think there is only a few drivers that will struggle to find the podium this season.....1B could only be about 5 of the 17 drivers.....i have ranked what i 'think' are the 2 divs...let me know what you think

Start times have been added in the OP, and we will announce the official track list on the 17th July, for the meet and greet.

If you know of someone who is keen to join, or someone who has indicated they were doing the season, but you cant see their name please let me know as we only have 3 slots left....

Also, Are you guys happy for me to host ? Back up host - hands up !!

Cheers stu
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
    Slambobagan and Sam D Blacklock like this.
  16. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
    dj2ca, JonoStan96 and The_Spectre like this.
  17. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Div 1A? wtf, drop me back to 1B, I'm trying out a new D pad and select button on my T500, I've lost half a second per lap due to it... :roflmao:

I'm really excited for the season, it's refreshing to try something new, hopefully the grids stay full for the entire season, because honestly small grids just suck, a 45min race shouldn't end up being a time trial run! I'm aiming to try and crack the sharp end of the grid, a podium in my first season would be a goal kicked.

Cheers, Jono
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
  18. zuluwoffle

zuluwoffle Team Driver

PSN ID
    zuluwoffle
    CAGME in div 1B? Should definitely be in 1A :roflmao:
    seth123, JonoStan96 and Spidey_11 like this.
  19. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    seconded.
    seth123, JonoStan96 and zuluwoffle like this.
  20. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Thirded
    Spidey_11, seth123 and zuluwoffle like this.