Season 4 - Division 4 - Powered by TURTLE BEACH

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    i respectfully disagree, a qually lap per season would open up a whole can of worms. no better way to judge other than previous season results. otherwise we leave ourselves open to all sorts of sandbagging etc etc.
  2. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    Just to make sure we're talking about the same thing, by quali lap I mean the "do your best lap at this track using this car" thing that we did before S2 began. that worked out well for S2 didn't it?
  3. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    it does initially, although people have done that, then been moved depending on how they go in practice rooms. personally i think, if theres a couple drivers out of the 60 odd we have this season, that need to shift, thats a good result. i know youre not saying its an easy task, but i know id hate to try and organise this sorta thing.
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I have seen something else done with a series which had more signups that the grid allowed in GT6 and so their qualifying was held on a different night in separate rooms (1 organiser in each room)
    Qually times were then compared and the top 16 qualified for a spot in room 1 and the rest in room 2 for race night.
    Points were given in room 1 for 1-16th and in room 2 for 17th-last

It gets complicated doing things this way over multiple divisions, especially trying to slot in those who miss qualifying
    Eg. if samsung couldn't make qually he would be in room 4... and you can guess how that might turn out.
    Zachery likes this.
  5. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    lol that does sound complicated. i think the system works, and itll never be perfect. i guess if more people had time to practice pre season, we would be able to do shuffling prior to round 1 if need be.
  6. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    All good with any decision mate. I just want good racing, doesn't matter if it's at the front or back.
    Nathancarhead and Peter Wise like this.
  7. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Alright all......Driver Briefing for Round 2 at Nurburgring GP....Generic to all divs

The ONLY change to the regs from last week is the start time. It has moved forward from 1400 to 1700. The reason for this is to reduce the track temp and stop the tires from overheating. In the race run we did the other night, everyone was ok on tires, with the wear on real the temp started from between 110 down to the mid 90s for most. If you do heat your tires more than 110*, as they wear you will be right in the pocket on temp.

Fuel, like Round 1 will be tight, but there was no one in the prac race who ran out. I finished with 2.5 ltrs, i can only suggest that if you think you might run out you do a full test run to see by how much....i cant see anyone having an issue however.

TRACK LIMITS
    There will be track limits to be aware of this round.

ROOZ regulations state that you must keep at least 2 wheels on the white line OR ripple strip at all times, unless otherwise advised.

This rule WILL BE ENFORCED on the EXIT of turn 2 and, the EXIT of turn 4 AND the VEEDOL Chicane. There are time penalties on the exit of both, HOWEVER they are quite wide and an advantage can be gained by running wide there.

TURN 2 : Running wide at T2 gives a narrow speed advantage, and straightens the line into 3 which could give an unfair advantage. Passing a car through T3 after going off track after 2 will be penalized with a 30 sec penalty (DT equivalent)

TURN 4 : IF you gain an advantage there by running wide on exit, and make a pass into TURN 6, you will be penalized 30 sec (equivalent of drive through) where is is CLEAR you were out of track limits.

14 & 15 (Veedol Chicane) : Drivers deemed to be cutting this chicane will receive a 30 sec drive through Penalty. Its a tough one, as there IS a time penalty there already, HOWEVER it is 'about' half a car width from the Ripple strip. It does give an unfair advantage if abused, however drivers do risk a 5 sec game penalty from taking to much track. This will be monitored on the replay, and i ask other drivers to observe here as well.
    [​IMG]
    Well done to everyone last week for the overall standard of driving. There are a few spots on this track however where you can 'push' an opponent into a penalty, or bump them off line. Namely Turn 1, Turn 8 and one we have the most issues with is Veedol Chicane (14/15) where drivers can easily be bumped into a penalty. All i can say is redress if that happens, of you may end up with a post race penalty
    BLUE FLAGS : A Reminder that if you are being lapped, you need to get out of the way within a reasonable amount of time. 4 corners is the usual, recognised number for moving over.
    SWERVING : A reminder that drivers ARE NOT permitted to swerve to stop another driver picking up the draft. You may change your direction once, and then run your preferred line on corner entry if you have track position.

@rossi0nsx , @colin-50_ , @PurpleDog , @Clevohead , @HIGGS , @Bevo_17 , @bart , @Anthonyb , if you guys could let us know if you will be racing this week would be good...

Cheers stu
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
    Clevohead likes this.
  8. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Also, @Nathancarhead my brother is going to 'try' to jump in the div 4 season....

his psn is anthbark if you could add him would be good.

his member name on the forum is @Anthonyb
    Clevohead and Nathancarhead like this.
  9. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    will add him tonight
    stucar17 likes this.
  10. rossi0nsx

rossi0nsx Rookie

PSN ID
    rossi0nsx
  11. PurpleDog

PurpleDog Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    PurpleDog
    Not going to make it for round 2, but should be good to go for round 3. Soz, but will be back online soon.
    Nathancarhead and Clevohead like this.
  12. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

All things going well I will be there tomorrow night. Staying away from home today with plans for tomorrow but hoping to be on by 7:30
    Dev1lman_87 and Nathancarhead like this.
  13. cruciald00dz

cruciald00dz Team Driver

PSN ID
    CRUCIALD00DZ
    good luck for tonight dudes, see yas next weekend!
    Nathancarhead likes this.
  14. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Hope to make it tonight...
    Missus gave birth last Sunday, came home Tuesday.
    Son came down with some nasty :):):):) Tuesday and has been sick since.
    Everyone's tired in this house hold... :(
    stucar17 and Nathancarhead like this.
  15. Nathancarhead

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Usual Stuff tonight guys. I'll have the room open about 7:30pm AEST and we'll try to get quali underway by 8:10/8:15pm AEST tonight. Hope to see as many people there as possible!
  16. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    PSN: Ryzza5 / Steam: Ryzza5
    So I should probably start up the PS4 now then, eh

(unless you guys prefer rolling starts) :)
  17. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Well, was an interesting race. I qualified 5th so was excited for the start as I usually have a good run from the box, but alas I fluffed the start by clicking up two gears instead of one, so ended up at the back of the pack. All I can say is thank goodness for that, with all the carnage I saw ahead in to turn 1. Got back up to 6th over the next couple of laps and then managed to hit 5th, which is how I finished the race. Had a few chances to take 4th but spun at Veetol as soon as that was a chance, putting me back but still safely in 5th.

I will say now that I know I lightly tapped someone on the tail at one point but didn't think it affected them too much that it would require a redress so just pushed on. If I happened to tap them in to a penalty, I apologise for not realising. They didn't fall back that far after the tiny rub though which is why I didn't think anything of it.
    Anthonyb likes this.
  18. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Thanks for a good race that was great fun for my first run. Got to be happy with 3rd.:)
  19. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    PSN: Ryzza5 / Steam: Ryzza5
    Had a good start from wherever I qualified AND also managed to avoid the T1 and T2 incidents, which put me around 3rd or 4th. Had a few good battles with at least 3 drivers but just focused on keeping the tyres happy and on the black stuff. Going 1s slower per lap versus loosing 5 seconds with an off every few laps from pushing too hard just isn't worth the risk at this tracks (with those longer straights everywhere).

Anth gave me 3rd and it took me a while to work out which of us was actually faster as both of us made the odd small error and both of us improved our lap times as the race went on. Then Nathan had a couple of spins around L17 which gifted me 2nd. He didn't seem to be able to match my corner exit speeds but caught up on corners where I was extra cautious such as the chicane. Held him off after I went a tiny bit wide at T12 and then a few laps he made the same mistake and dropped back... fist pump and an easy finish for 2nd followed.
    Anthonyb likes this.
  20. Nathancarhead

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Shocking race from me tonight. Had wheel issues all night and therefore was on the back foot and 2 second slower than all my practice bests because my paddles weren't working and therefore i was stuck using my H-Pattern which i'm not as confident in using. Qualied in 2nd, but knew i still had more in the tank, even when using the H-Pattern. Once the race started it was side by side with @SuiCid3 into t1, i managed to take a late apaex and emerged the victor in all of it as all i could see in my rear vision mirror was Ranok3n facing the wrong way and me leading the train away. Didin't last all the long for me as by the middle of the race i had dropped back to second and ranok3n started to run away with it all. Things were running smoothly and i was just wanting to bring the car home, but on lap 18 my wheel had other ideas changing down a gear when it shouldn't have in the middle of a corner and subsequently put me in the wall and i dropped to P3. 2 laps later i was racing side by side with @Ryzza5 through the final chicane before PCARS decided we were to close and decided we must have been the one car. That slight game error cost me a few seconds to Ryzza and i just tried to hold station in P3 till the end of the race. But my wheel had other ideas again. Again my wheel dropped me down a gear in the middle of the corner when it shouldnt have and put me in a fence again, meaning i relinquished P3 to @Anthonyb. Came home a disappointing 4th when i knew i at least had the pace for 2nd. Oh well, time to get a replacement wheel for my broken wheel. Well done to all the podium finishers.

Also, I will be having a look at the replays into t1 to work out what happened an pass on any relevant info to the mods
    Anthonyb likes this.