Season 4 Teams Championship

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Oct 7, 2014.

1. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    I was helping out @kevkumkwot Tuesday night and hes from PRT whoever joins a practice room of mine I will help out anyway I can if they are generally struggling. Your welcome to come learn of a TLR Legend Kart no 1
    kevkumkwot and Kart-No-1 like this.
  2. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Kart I am sure all aliens are happy to give assistance to anybody whether they be a 10 season veteran or 2 season amateur like you and me. Maybe once a fortnight an alien can make themselves available to do a master class...Not just on the seasonal cars but a variety...front wheel...rear wheel.... 4wd.... high powered...you get the idea. think I might float the idea in the forum
  3. Mister_Bond_747

Mister_Bond_747 Rookie

PSN ID
    TURN_LEFT_RACING Mister_Bond_747
    I kind of understand where @Kart-No-1 is coming from. In the best interest or ROOZ, new guys need to feel welcome when they enter a room. That's a great idea @VARDZ , although I can't put my hand up for that with other commitments.

TLR is also more than happy to help anyone that needs tips or just wants to enjoy the banter.

But a general room would be more appropriate because a team will always be looking to withhold information from a member from another team.
    Kart-No-1 and pykeybraa145 like this.
  4. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    I'm happy to give any one a hand as long as their not in Div 1 during season :)
    If it was at a time during GTA I would help because us ROOZ stick together at GTA and look after each other regardless who it is... Even I had abit of help from @MINT_GTR trying to get speed and consistency out of the 370z at the start before GTA (I only had 8weeks GT time in total).. He only gave a few tips and the rest was up to me, and it helped me get more of an understanding... From that I completely adjusted my driving style to smooth...

I give advice if its asked, If a driver wants me to sit on their bonnet I am happy to just need to ask!

Thing is I still see myself still as a Amateur compared to the likes of MINT, Warrior and Dan... And they are my main competitors... I am still learning myself
  5. Stiffsht

Stiffsht Rookie

PSN ID
    Stiffsht -PS3 GT_Bandit_666-PS4
    agreed m8.... jump in my room anytime im no alien but i do pick up a sec or 2 midweek ... i luv the team sht but its a little 2 serious... the only 1 i try 2 hide sht from is FLASH (AHH AHH) :sneaky::sneaky: lol:giggle::giggle::whistling::whistling: cheers bro!
  6. Footlong_warrior

Footlong_warrior Team Driver

PSN ID
    Footlong_Warrior twoinch_inya
    i know i have learnt not to tell flash where i gain time on him because he use's against me lol this race i'm not telling anyone anything unless it's me team mates that being said i aint saying sht here lol ;):whistling:
    flashfirst likes this.
  7. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    I always 'spill the beans'... I do find other people in teams still give out tips, but maybe not so freely (also maybe because Im slowly getting faster?!?). tbh though just because someone fast tells you what they do, doesn't necessarily mean you can do it. Off the top of my head, I can think of a handful of people that I can't seem to emulate!

But I hear ya kart, it has changed somewhat. In some ways people are closer, but the overall community is probably a bit more divided.
  8. flashfirst

flashfirst Rookie

PSN ID
    flashfirst
    yeh and dont u forget it lol i dont mind helpin out here and their if i need too
    Kart-No-1 and Stiffsht like this.
  9. flashfirst

flashfirst Rookie

PSN ID
    flashfirst
    hahahaha yeh u love it footlong no that i have the same wheel it is close mwahhaha
  10. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    I give ya tips every week kart and you do go quicker every time . How many times have we done Friday nights and you say ...that's the fastest I've been around here .stop whining your starting to sound like a holden diff !
    Stiffsht and Kart-No-1 like this.
  11. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    the wheels to close .the wheels to high ! The wheels to low ,the pedals are to soft ! Seats to low ! tv to small then he does his fastest times after all that ! doesn't need training he needs a shrink ! Karts Friday nights moan !
    flashfirst likes this.
  12. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    @Blindman , mate I am sure you know that is not what I mean, as a fellow "Prostate Team" member we all know there are no secrets amongst ourselves regardless of what ROOZ team we are in. We know what team really comes first and yes I quite often make my biggest improvement on our Friday night gatherings.
    I was also not having a stab at anyone in particular. I fully respect and accept a closed team practice room, after all we are all members of our individual teams and being competitive by nature we all want to do the best for our team as we can. If we were not competitive we would not be racing. But to get our best results of course we may not want to assist an opposition team member. That is understandable.
    I was just making some observations about how fewer members freely offered advice and tips etc compared to when I first joined ROOZ, especially in general practice rooms. Maybe this would have happened anyway regardless of the implementation of the teams championships. I did struggle a lot in my first season as I really could not come to grips with the McLaren at all and did very poorly in Div 4 so maybe more offered assistance simply because I needed it more.
    I think the camaraderie, friendly banter, even the odd cheeky **** stir is still there and I know there are many among us like from those who posted above who are willing to help. However I cant remember the last time I heard anyone in a room full of people discussing what gear they use here or how fast to aproach a corner and where to brake like we used to.
    webnomad, Peter Wise and JonoStan96 like this.
  13. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    I would probably hold back on the strategy, as it is the first time two compounds have been used while I've been around, but in terms of going quicker, I actually find it quite satisfying when my tips help improve someone else's times.
  14. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    By the way, thanks to all those above who have openly offered to assist drivers. I am sure there are many who will appreciate the help.
  15. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Get on there bonnets and you can pickup heaps of stuff like what gear ,braking points ,and pressure they put on the loud pedal and brake pedal turn in points . I think you just like a good chat in your old age.
  16. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Yes mate, I know anyone at any time can "steal info" what I am talking about is members freely offering it up.
    Peter Wise and flashfirst like this.
  17. flashfirst

flashfirst Rookie

PSN ID
    flashfirst
    lol could b a new tv reality show ha ha
  18. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    She said just drive rev it up rev it up little boy and drive !:roflmao:
    mmm_homebrew likes this.
  19. Footlong_warrior

Footlong_warrior Team Driver

PSN ID
    Footlong_Warrior twoinch_inya
    EVERYONE please don't give advice to flash as he's already too fast for d5 we don't need him to be even faster so please for the love of god don't say nothing to flash he's already dubbed the div 5 alien ;):p......... @Kart-No-1 the only reason i ain't saying :):):):) this time is because i did so poorly last week at big willow and i'm trying to redeem myself and maybe get my first podium :thumbsup:
  20. flashfirst

flashfirst Rookie

PSN ID
    flashfirst
    ha ha i dont really get advice their footlong so u stike out their mwahahaha