Season 5 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by KoAStR, Sep 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    sounds good chev, might be late though, have been home today with the kidlets so might have to do a bit of work tonight once they are in bed......if i see you online will send a message, or jump in with you.....

Stu

edit......Good session last night lads......the penalties on the chicanes are much better but its knowing how much to push the boundaries before you get pinged.......by the game or the mods :|

Chev, some great times, veno and GT fast, me......inconsistant !!!! Will certainly be interesting with 10 or 12 cars trying to push through the first couple of chicanes with the help of the draft.......brakes dont work quite as well :eek: Apologies in advance for anyone whos exhaust i drive up on sunday night !!!

Stu
  2. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Sorry lads, won't be able to make it for Sunday night at this stage. With the F1 and the rugby, my arvo will include lots of drinking and sledging, but no racing. Been invited to a mates place for bit of a session to enjoy both events, my apologies. Have fun.
  3. Venosuala

Venosuala New Recruit

That's no good Anon but fair enough.

I started to work it out towards the end Stu but lets face it, I chased tail the whole time until you kindly let me past with a bit of charity - again. The penalty for corner cutting makes you pay (and rightly so) as does going in the sand. I think it is going to be a really fun race on Sunday. Looking forward to it.
  4. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Cheers on the session lastnight fellas! Stu man, you're quick for a div 2 driver, you just gotta keep it on the road for 22 laps lol. If you do you're a front runner for sure!
  5. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    lol, thanks chev, big difference between being fast over 1 lap and keeping it together over the length of a race, just ask veno and Miki, they killed me last season !!!!

hopefully on again tonight if anyone wants to join....

Stu
  6. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

FYI Stu, I was chasing you guys all season long. :) I only managed to overtake you points wise, in the last round. But, I am saying the same thing, you just gotta keep it on the black stuff. For example at Nurburgring race 1 of the sprint round. I remember that was the big one that got away from you. :cool:
    Looking forward to another season of hopefully some more of the same.
  7. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Just a heads up for Sunday. Practice will be open from 7:30pm EDT, with race and qual times to start as per the race information thread.

tekNiqueAU is my excact id if you have not yet added (I still havent logged in for ages :p)
    Anyway I expect to start the season slow again, hope to find some pace once I get used to the car.

If there are any serious conection issues IE the deaded black screen I will restart the race and look to get someone else to host next round. It used to be fine before an update around the Rome round back when I was in div 3, I havent tested new updates though, will test by hosting pub games.
  8. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    to easy tek, and to every1 i've been having massive connection issues (like can't sign in at all) so i work on hard as hell to getting on top of it so yeah its driving me! :mad: :mad: hoping i don't miss a race :( :(
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Will be on tonight again guys if anyone wants to join.....handbrake going out with the girlfriends so will have the tv to myself.......from about 8.

Stu
  10. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

If I'm about ill jump in mate.
  11. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    where's chris aka barra been lately?
  12. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Hi Trent, I'm still here. Been pretty busy, so not so visible here. My attendance this season won't be great, but will do everything I can to get to as many races as possible.
  13. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Don't wait for me guys, if i'm not there on time start without me.
  14. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Practice will be open from about 7:40pm EDT , qual starts at 8:10pm EDT and is only 10 mins. race due to start at 8:20pmEDT.

Good luck.

Slipstream will be set to weak as per wiki.
  15. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Show us some results fellas! Did you win Stu????
  16. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Preliminary Monza results pending any protest

1. Stu
    2. M1k
    3. Bonus
    4. Rico
    5. Veno
    6. tek
    7. Aussieman
    8. Chaos
    9. Timmo
    10. Neishy
    11. Dimplz (DNF)

Unfortunatley Dimplz dropped out just after I started the race count down, so there wasnt much I could do. Sorry about that buddy that was unlucky. Usually if someone dropped out I would wait for them, havent seen it happen often it showed u signed out for a sec so not sure ur net dropped out.

Anyway more info about the race later. A couple of qual delays due to ppl adding me not being able to join. Once qual actually started it went pretty smooth.

To many offs from me was happy enough to bag 6th, could of had a shot at veno but I ran wide into the kitty liter last chicane then spun it getting back on....knew I'd be rusty had many a battle though.
  17. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    What a race!!!! Will give a rundown tomorrow, but to qualy 2nd, stuff the first chicane and be second last, then fight through to first was awesome fun. Anon, if you want a promo vid the first 5 laps were epic.....close pack racing with hardly a touch. Awesome racing guys.

My life is complete. !!!!!!
  19. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Nice work Stu, sounds like an awesome win.
    You've always had the pace, just gotta keep it on the black stuff.
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    What a great night of racing guys. I had done a bit of prac with Chev (thanks Chev) through the week so i could try to reach my goal of a podium, and with Flood and Fire elsewhere i was hopefull of a good result

Prac was good, set times in the mid 56s, then i was on provisional pole with another 56.5, till miki pipped me with about 1 min to go by about 1 tenth.

Front row, bit nervous, good start, watching everyone jostle for position, miss my brake marker, straight on into the fence in the first chicane, 2nd last..........NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!

I had a plan to no stop, but wasnt sure now if i would be able to if i had to fight hard to get back to the front, also not knowing the other guys race pace. Anyway, i got my head down and by the end of the first lap i was on the train again and had gotten passed chaos, in behind veno, tek and rico i think. By lap 3 i was past veno and rico and into 6th, but had them both on my tail with the help of the slip stream. Miki made a mistake somewhere in front and a pack of 5 of us spent lap 3 nose to tail, side by side, in a great battle.

I got past Tek into the first chicane and was into 4th, with a small gap to nieshy in third, who was hunting down bonus and Aussie fighting for the lead. As we closed on the leaders, Aussie slipped wide on the second chicane and spun, so i was up to third. Bonus and Nieshy has some pace and had about 2 secs on me, before nieshy went into the kitty litter on the first of the 2 right handers, so i was about 2 secs behind bonus now on lap 6. I was closing at about half a second a lap, then Bonus went straight on at the second chicane, and i was through to the lead on lap 8.

Now with a history of me throwing the Macca off the road in a good position in the back of my mind, i wanted to set some consistent laps and see what happened, and bugger me it worked. I pulled out about half a sec a lap, and with some of the guys making small mistakes behind me i got the gap out to about 10.5 secs with 5 to go. The tyres on the front were starting to get a bit knackered, so i slowed a little to see what happened to the gap and it stayed about the same so i assumed Miki and Bonus were in the same place as i was on tires.

With 1 to go i made sure i hit every apex and got it home for what was a very enjoyable race. I think my fastest lap was a 57.3, but after i spent 6 laps in traffic by the time i had clear track it had taken the edge off the tyres, well done Aussie on fastest lap.

Ive said it before, it really is enjoyable racing with you guys, and hopefully i can get the champagne out of my eyes before the next race so we can have another good one.
    Cheers
    Stu :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.