Season 5 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by KoAStR, Sep 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Yer the 8th was not a Sunday, don't know where that come from. If we start on the 23rd and have no mid season break the final race is on the 4th December. So it could wait till the 23rd at the latest and fit in with those wanting the delay and those wanting to party most of December. So the 16th or 23rd look like the best dates for most people to start and the next 2 weeks to run pre season races to keep the blood flowing. What we all think? Suites me fine either way Ill be at all the pre season races if thats the way we go.
  2. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Ah if we start 23rd with no break won't the final (7th) round be 11th December? I think starting 16th would give you the 4th.
  3. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

No koaster dont think so, I got R1 Oct16 - R2 Oct23 - R3 Oct30 - R4 Nov6 - R5 Nov13 - R6 Nov20- R7 Nov27 and the 4thDec if we start a week later.

16th sounds like the go, 2 weeks to do pre season for those keen and into it.
  4. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Ah sorry mate you're right. You won't believe me but there's a typo on my calender. I was counting weeks and the 30th of Oct is not on there!
  5. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

I had to laugh koaster i did the same thing at first, the 30th Oct is at the top of the page on me Franklincovey planner
  6. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hehe stupid calenders.... probably stupid me but I'll blame the calender :p
  7. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    I have skinned Stumbles car, and will slide underneath his carbon-fibre hide for this season. That is if Darko will allow me to share his colours?
  8. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

A few of the members got together for a test and fun photo opportunity and I found this car to be a ripper to race in. I didn't win anything but I had a huge amount of fun. The start of the season cannot come soon enough. Love the carbon fibre colour too.
    Real shame you won't be there Stumbles.
  9. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Ahh looks like a beer a bbq arvo for me, most likley wont be on tonight.....sorry. Looks like we got a bit of time anyway, I'll test my conection during the week. If it dosent hold up your suggestion sounds good bonus.
    cheers.
  10. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    I've just opened a room for some practice if anyone wants in. If we get enough, will run some races
  11. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    Neishy in red
  12. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Im going to get back on track this week guys, the wheels been packed away time to bring it out again. See yas on the road, gonna try get on tonight.
  13. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Will be on tonight guys if anyone wants to join.....ran some laps last night and realised that it will be struggle street if you get out of the draft. So hard to make time in this car......also tek, being the host, good luck keeping an eye on the chicanes.......ran consistant 27s (about a sec faster if get the chicanes perfect !!!) last night and did one lap where i purposely cut the 2nd chicane and i made up 3 secs...will look tonight to see if having the penalty on high pings you for cutting.....might be worth it if it does ?????

Cheers
    Stu
  14. Venosuala

Venosuala New Recruit

Ill have a spin with you tonight Stu. I was thinking the same thing re the chicanes. You can watch replays to catch out anyone taking cheeky shortcuts during the race but how do you police qualifying?
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    On cool, will be on around 9ish, don't forget the big download today also.
  16. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Its a lot of work watching for the slightest of corner cutting on those chicanes and if you go in that little to hot you will cut it and make up time. But doing consistently is no mistake so you might get away with it once but twice might get you a time penalty. I another series we ran with the USA guys we just made it all could cut that second chicane rather than try and figure out what was a mistake and what was deliberate.
    I did high 156 without cutting and low 155 cutting, its a big difference and qualifying is going to be hard to police.
  17. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Hey blokes, looks like I will be absent for the first round - small matter of a rugby match in Auckland which kicks off at 7. Got friends visiting from overseas who want to watch at the pub, so unfortunately beer and rugby beat GT5...
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    hey bonus, bummed i couldnt race longer last night, had an early start so had to hit the pillow....

Interested to know though, i couldnt hear what you guys were saying about the penalties for cutting, weather they had fixed the chicanes or not. In hind site i should have cut to test it, but with a lack of track time i was just trying to put some consistent laps together.

Will be on again tonight if anyone wants to join. will hopefully get a decent session this time......getting smashed everywhere, work and home !!!
  19. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

I'm keen for some practice stu. I've done maybe half a lap of monza in the g37 lol.
  20. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

The corner cutting on the second Chicane has been fixed yeee harrrrrrr.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.