Season 5 - Division 2

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Sep 7, 2016.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    its coojak1725
    garyw61 likes this.
  2. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok guys.....will get a driver briefing up tomorrow all going to plan....

PLEASE BE AWARE OF A FEW SLIGHT CHANGES TO THE REGS IN THE OPENING POST

1. Tire change is now NON COMPULSORY, however you will need to set up your pit strategy according to your Tire wear. There will still be a COMPULSORY STOP in the room regs, you just need to decide if you want to take new tires in that stop, or if you want to run till the end. If you DONT take tires it will effectively mean you do a stop go, (held in pit bay for 'about' 4 secs), if you take tires it takes about 16 secs....and you will have fresh tires at the end to fight with guys who will be on 'about' 75% wear...will be a close thing.
    2. Remember you CAN CHANGE YOUR PRESSURES if you change tires, however the temps are really good one the track temp comes up....again up to you.

Time progression is now at X15, will mean about 8 laps in the dark before sunrise.....race will finish before noon....worked well....

Will have all the regs and everything in the driver briefing tomorrow

Stu
    garyw61 likes this.
  3. ADZA_85

ADZA_85 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    Ive had a throttle failure on my T3PA pedals. Working hard with TM and Ricmotech to get a fix.

Hope to be there sunday. If im not, its due to a technical failure.
  4. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    bugger
  5. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    I had the same thing. Had to get the pedal set replaced.
  6. ADZA_85

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    ITS ALLIIVEEE.. ITS ALLIIVEEE!!

quick strip down, rebuild and shes full steam ahead. Turns out i actually moved the Cam for the throttle adjuster position after i installed the Ricmotech Brake Mod. I had the throttle apart to replace the stopper underneath.

My bad
    stucar17 and Zachery like this.
  7. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    thank god for that!
    ADZA_85 likes this.
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    @garyw61 , @Anthony , @Kart-No-1 , @MrF1 , @VENDALISM , @Killercarlcox69 , @agolfer78 , @stilesy , @Jim_aka_The_Man , @NAACS , @Watto64 , @Stiffsht , @jasondull1986 , @CobMcCool , @pykeybraa145 , @Coojak3009
    DRIVER BRIEFING ROUND 1
    [​IMG]

Tires - Real
    Fuel - Real
    Damage - OFF (so headlights don't go out in the case of a crash)
    Compulsory Pit stop - YES
    Flags and penalties - ON

[​IMG]

Well, here we go again, another season of PCARS !

Welcome to the new guys who have joined or returned this season, i will be doing a driver briefing for each round so everyone's clear on what is required with rules, regs and track issues.....

PIT LANE :
    1. Pit lane will be CLOSED during qualifying for this round. This is because the lap is shorter giving a false lap time as you go over the start / finish line. Any driver who "drives" into pitlane during qualifying will be penalized post race.
    (time penalty of 1 minute)
    2. PIT EXIT is the exit to the left, straight back onto the track. ALL drivers need to be mindful and watchful of cars re-entering as it is a VERY FAST part of the circuit. For drivers who are exiting the pits, you MUST REMAIN TO THE RIGHT OF THE CIRCUIT until you come up to race speed, and run your normal race line into turn 2.
    3. There will be NO fastest lap point this round due to the compulsory stop, and the false lap time that comes with the placement of the start finish line.

TRACK LIMITS :
    Track limits are pretty harsh here so i would recommend you do some practice to see where the penalties are. There are penalties pretty much from turn 2 all the way through the lap, so running all 4 wheels over the ripple strip is a penalty waiting to happen.
    As always, the Raceonoz rules state that drivers 'MUST HAVE 2 WHEELS ON THE RIPPLE STRIP OR WHITE LINE AT ALL TIMES. ANY DRIVER CAUGHT DELIBERATELY CUTTING CORNERS TO GAIN ADVANTAGE WILL BE PENALISED.
    1. PIT ENTRY : Please stay within the white PIT LANE lines. Any driver who cuts the track here to gain an advantage will be hit with a drive through penalty of 30 seconds post race.
    2. SERVING A PENALTY : If you cop a cut track penalty, please "TRY" to move off the racing line where possible, out of the way of other drivers still at race pace. Common sense here lads, penalties will apply for drivers who obviously obstruct others ;)

ROOM REGS
    1. PLEASE TRY TO BE ON TIME !
    If you cant make it on time please let the room host / captain / someone know so they can keep everyone in the loop.
    I have asked the room hosts to set up a practice room with tuning OPEN so everyone can get their pit strategy set, and then the room host will then set up the official "race room" with the tuning OFF.
    YOU NEED TO HAVE YOUR STRATEGY SET BEFORE YOU ENTER THE RACE ROOM. If anyone has any issues with getting this setup, please let us know before race time on Sunday, or check out the following vid....

The only change is that you DONT have to take tires if you dont want to. If you DONT want to take tires the select "NO" rather than symmetrical in the pit strategy setup.

DRIVING STANDARDS
    1. CONTACT :
    We are all here for clean racing, however sometimes things go pear shaped. BOTTOM LINE, if you make contact with another driver and gain an UNFAIR advantage then you will be expected to REDRESS and let the driver back through. If you don't redress illegal contact (pushing someone off track for EG) then you may be penalized post race.
    2. TRACK LIMITS : as said above, 2 wheels on ripplestrips or white line. Any drivers intentionally cutting to make advantage will be penalized.
    3. BLUE FLAGS : If you are being lapped by another competitor it is racing etiquette to move out of the way and let the leaders past. Failure to do so could result in a post race penalty. Rooms will have FLAGS AND PENALTIES "ON", so there is no excuse for not knowing they are coming through.
    4. PROTESTS : If you feel you have something to protest, PLEASE SAVE YOUR REPLAY AND SEND A PM TO THE ROOM CAPTAIN AND A MOD. DO NOT blow up in the room or on the forum. We saw last season that PCARS has a knack of doing strange things in the game, and was proven that what is seen in one players game can be different in another.....not ideal, but its what we have to work with.....
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/procedure-for-post-race-complaints-or-protests.193/

5. RAGE QUITTING : If you are found to 'RAGE QUIT" then you will not be allocated any points for that round and you cannot use this round as your "drop round". If you feel you can't continue then park up in the pits or on a part of the track so as not to interfere with the other drivers. This helps with room stability and also stops teh replays from glitching out.

All ROOZ rules and regs can be found here
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/racing-rules-regulations.70/

Sorry for the long post, just want to make sure we are all on the same page and everyone knows whats happening . .....

I am hopeful of getting to the major prize before the start of the season, will announce something as soon as i can

If there is anything you think i have missed let me know...

Thanks stu
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  9. Coojak3009

Coojak3009 Rookie

Hey Gary. My pan is coojak1725o
    garyw61 likes this.
  10. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Guys, please like Stu's driver briefing if you have read and understand it.
    VARDZ, jasondull1986 and stucar17 like this.
  11. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    Have fun! ;)
    AOCleaner74 and stucar17 like this.
  12. Coojak3009

Coojak3009 Rookie

Sorry Gary it's coojak1725. Bloody spell check.
    garyw61 likes this.
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    @@garyw61 , @@Anthony , @@Kart-No-1 , @@MrF1 , @@VENDALISM , @@Killercarlcox69 , @@agolfer78 , @@stilesy ,@@Jim_aka_The_Man , @@NAACS , @@Watto64 , @@Stiffsht , @@jasondull1986 , @@CobMcCool , @@pykeybraa145 , @@Coojak3009

Guys, 2 things......

1. After race1 we will be looking if there is to be any adjustments to divisions based on race pace and lap speed. Any player who is adjusted up or down will have points awarded, based on race time, lap speed and common sense. Drivers who we consider to be 'sandbagging' will NOT be moved down ;)

2. We have been able to secure PAGNIAN as the site major sponsor for a few years, and as such PAGNIAN have agreed to provide a V2 COCKPIT and wheel stand for the upcoming season. This will again be a cross platform prize draw at seasons end between Gt6, Assetto Corsa and PCARS.
    [​IMG]
    THERE ARE A COUPLE OF REGULATIONS HOWEVER.
    1. You MUST COMPLETE at least 4 of the seven rounds of your championship. (connection issues will be looked at closely)
    2. A "rage quit" will see that race excluded from your 4 "raced" events.
    3. Maintain the forum rules while posting. Any members banned for any reason will be excluded from the competition
    4. Maintain the Raceonoz drivers code. Drivers with 3 or more race penalties will be excluded from the competition.
    5. The prize cannot be shipped outside of Australia.

Again thanks to Hess and his team for more great support for our community, support them where you can guys

Stu
    Jim_aka_The_Man, garyw61 and ADZA_85 like this.
  14. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    @garyw61 hey mate I've been bumped to div 1 and v8 will be div 2 please make sure he gets an invite. Cheers gaz
    garyw61 likes this.
  15. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    No worries Jase. All the best up there mate. Expecting to see you at the pointy end.
    jasondull1986 likes this.
  16. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Don't know about that the goal will be mid pack
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Not long now till the start of Round 1.....just a couple of small things ....

You now have @deadman024 in your div, his PSN is toranafan-22 PLease add him tonight

1. RACE DISTANCE NOW 26 LAPS. Did some testing today with a few guys and the fuel was a lottery ! In the interest of not having drivers run out of fuel we will reduce by 1, and everyone should be fine to get home.

2. PUSHING PEOPLE INTO A PENALTY : we all know how this works, run up the back of someone and push them into a 5 sec penalty, you will be expected to redress by letting them back through. Please use your heads with this, particularly in the first few laps in the dark. This is the first time we have run this time format and it will be difficult, no doubt.

3. SAVE YOUR REPLAY in case you wish to protest something. Remember last season we had an incident with 2 completely different replays. Dont blow up in the room lobby, or on the forum....please use the right process.

Hope to have a room open at 7:30 so everyone can check their pit strat

Cheer stu
    garyw61 likes this.
  18. Anthony

Anthony Rookie

PSN ID
    AnthonyChaplin
    unfortunately I'll have to sit out first round, I won't be on tonight. Sorry all
  19. ADZA_85

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    Well done Jim on the win. Maintained the pace and didnt crumble under pressure as i was catching a second per lap.
    I overcooked it on the last lap. Then i copped a 10 Second penalty. bs

was a few hairy moments. 2 wide down main straight with a car exiting the pits.
    No major dramas at the chicane from my.side but was a bit thin, to say the least.

Good racing all. Strategy played out here quote well. It was exciting racing.
    garyw61 likes this.
  20. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    I love it when people think you can win it at the first corner, fantastic!
    Great racing vendal especially that last lap
    SPL Racing likes this.