Season 5 - Division 2

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Toranafan-02

Toranafan-02 Team Driver

PSN ID
    SIR_Tyson_02 PS4. deadman024 PS3.
    Good racing everyone, was involved in many great battles and went from 13th to 7th with multiple spins, thanks for the racing and looking forward to the next one
    Blindman, Watto64, garyw61 and 3 others like this.
  2. Watto64

Watto64 Rookie

P3 in qually was my highlight.
    Spun on lap1 and back to 14th then had more f'n spins and time penalties than I care to remember, trying to get back in the mix.
    Was pretty over it by lap 10 but battled on to finish 49th
  3. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
  4. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    Well I did better than I thought I would after qualifing 7th just looks like not taking tyres was the way to go but we'll done to Jim, kart and bad luck for ADZA who had 2nd in the bag until the last lap that's got to suck
  5. Coojak3009

Coojak3009 Rookie

Well done Jim. I had a shocker of a race spun a few times, looking to do better next round.
    stucar17 likes this.
  6. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    I did grab tyres but I still think I would've finished in the same position, may have been a bit closer to the top 4 but would've had a bigger chance of spinning off on wearing rear tyres and finishing worse off.
    stucar17 likes this.
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    who got pole?
  8. Watto64

Watto64 Rookie

Kart-No-1 1:35.4
  9. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    remember there is a point for pole but no fastest lap this round
    Hatfield likes this.
  10. ADZA_85

ADZA_85 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    Booooo!! Lol
    Sam D Blacklock and George like this.
  11. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
  12. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    Wow. I did not think that a win was possible in the lead-up to the race.
    Qualified 5th and my aim was to stay clear of trouble in the first few corners. Left some big gaps to make sure no-one was near me, and it paid off, I was up to 3rd after half a lap.
    Wanted to pit early as I wasn't taking tyres, but the pit lane filled up in front of me so I decided to stay out for a while. Stuck as close to @MrF1 as I could till the end of lap 5 when I decided it was time. I came out 5 seconds behind @Watto64 in 10th or so and slowly caught up as he encountered traffic.
    Looked like there was a bit of a dust-up ahead as I gained 3 spots in a corner and then hunted down @stilesy. I put the nose out a couple of times to let him know I was on his tail and he left the door just wide enough for me to go through.
    After the front runners took their stops I couldn't believe I was out in front with 10 to go. Watching the gap come down was intense as every lap another second was gone, just trying to keep my lines right and make no mistakes it was going to go to the wire.
    Unfortunately a grandstand finish was spoiled when Adza had his spin with half a lap to go. It would have been super close to the line, and if there was 1 more lap it would have been a helluva fight.
    Looking forward to Round 2.
    garyw61, v8power383, George and 3 others like this.
  13. Watto64

Watto64 Rookie

Congrats on the win Jim. It was certainly a case of consistent good pace and few errors.
  14. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Well, not sure but that may have been my first Sunday night pole. Bombed the start a bit and was second by t1 then third by lap 2. Bit of an uneventful race from there building a gap to 4th. The leaders pitted early so i inherited the lead till i pitted with 10 to go and took tyres. I rejoined roughly a second behind adza and a second in front of v8 in third who did not take tyres. I increased the gap to v8 at the same rate adza was gapping me. As the laps ran down i resigned myself to third untill, on the last lap i rounded a corner to see a ghosted car rejoining the track. I was surprised when i moved to second as adza had been rock solid till then. To add to the agony for adza a cut track penalty cost him another spot.
    Well done jim, great drive for the win and to v8 in third.
  15. ADZA_85

ADZA_85 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    Was a complete case of me being greedy and being on the final lap.
    With another lap to go i may have been more patient as Jim was falling toward me. But i wanted it now. Breaked too hard and too late at turn 5, suffered snap oversteer off the break and almost held it. Just went too far.
    In my agony i lapsed judgement and ran wide at the final 2 corners granting me a 10 Second penalty.

Regardless of this. Jim was still a deserving victor. On old tires and the pressure mounting he kept it cool.
    Jims the Kimi Raikonen of ROOZ ;)
    garyw61, Jim_aka_The_Man and George like this.
  16. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Haha no seriously, who got pole?
  17. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    He can have pole. Just enhances his reputation for not following through :thumbsdown::D
    Kart-No-1 and freddyp_33 like this.
  18. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    You got pole at Bathurst??
    Kart-No-1 likes this.
  19. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Yep, thats right, and i really bombed that race.
    jasondull1986 likes this.
  20. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    @Hatfield there is a protest here we are working through at the moment