Season 7 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    As far as time settings etc go I usually set the time to 5:30 am and time progression to 3-5 with weather change on 0 and track surface moisture on 0. I tend to use these time settings because it is very picturesque seeing the sun rise and it still allows some parts of the track to be shaded and others to have streaming light and full sun in other parts.
    I would like to hear some other preferred settings so we can all decide on what everyone is happy with
  2. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    if weather is 0 there will be no rain at all... the whole point of this change weather change time is to make it interesting
  3. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    SHUT UP E it bloody tricky enough you dipstick!!!! :mad: :p
    if you don't say anything they might not notice..... :p :|
  4. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    Bah, bring on the wet stuff I say.
  5. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

I think the idea is so that 24 hours passes over 7 laps, that is what we did last time. Something like you start at midday get a couple laps before it goes dark, run a couple laps night, then bring the last few home to finish at midday.

I reckon that is cool, I cant remember how to set the time progression up in game, from memory we used 20 but this is a very vague number.

I might test tonight

Edit - added quotation code for you Tek ;)

http://raceonoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=6313#p6313 Page 15

You have to allow for qual IE if you start your out lap in the morning the race will start midday.
  6. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Did a fair bit of testing tonight somewhere between 21-24 will be the time progression number. The race will take about 1 hour.
    Dont think we can use weather to be honest, once the rain guage gets over 30% it gets to tricky on the race tyres. I tested weather set to 50% then later we tested with weather set to 25% and the rain guage still went over 25%, both times just kept slowly rising also surface water was set to 0% Once it gets past those conditions you need really need wets or at least sports. So that would throw tyre regs.

Who knows how hard it would be once it hit 50% and higher, with weather on it always starts with light rain too now. Tested with a few of the boys. I think just over 2 laps at night is enough of a challenge for all anyway.

I do a final test and post excact numbers tomorrow.

So im afraid weather might have to be off unless some one can cap the rain amount to 25, or another solution can be found IE no tyres regs.

EDIT Just read something that I forgot to test apparently if weather set on but set to start sunny you only get light rain. Light rain is fine on racing tyres, i didnt see that option but ill look tomorrow.
  7. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    yeah Tek sound good m8.
    i should be on 2morrow nite so your welcome to hi-jack my lounge again or just send us a message when you open your room.
    Maybe kill 2 birds with 1 stone and test if YOUR ROOM and see if it is still good after new update2.06
    as i have had some small glitches with the BLACK SCREEN of PAIN/DEATH... :mad: :(
    just hope its nothing to worry about as i really want this championship notch on my belt..
  8. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Yeah, tek is right, I don't think we can use the weather with our current tyre model. It's not like F1 where you can declare a wet race half way through. I think we have 2 options:
    1. Turn weather off and use current tyre model.
    2. Use weather and declare it a wet race before the start, basically making it open tyre selection.
  9. Cyber_STIG_77

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    If I remember correctly we voted on time and weather change in the pre-season and the result was not to use time and weather change ?
  10. Aza2672

Aza2672 Aron Baker Gold Member

PSN ID
    AB_Saints_25 (Formerly Aza2672)
    yeah I seem to remember that too Cyber but I thought I'd missed something and we'd all changed our minds, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that thought that
  11. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

http://raceonoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1158&p=2 Post 28

Ive been looking through the threads and I cant see anything about not using change time, if anyone can find said conversation I'd be happy to see.

As far as im aware we were always going to use at least change time, weather maybe if it was managable. That why were using the 24hr version.

To me having 24 hours pass over the race distance is alot more exciting and to be honest its not that tricky driving at night once you get used to it. With 24hrs passing over 7 laps you only have do slightly over 2 laps in the dark.

But if ppl are scared of the dark :p im happy to run day only race if that is what the majority want.
  12. Cyber_STIG_77

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    I think there was a pole about using weather early on, I think time change would be ok if everyone agrees but the thought of it raining at night on worn medium slicks is not my idea of fun ! Especially with some of the driving techniques I've seen in this league by other drivers, not mentioning any names ...
  13. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Was always intending to run time change tek, if weather is a problem to sort out then we wont run it. Should be on tonight to talk though
  14. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

ok I think weather OFF time change ON, everyone can test a couple laps at night and see what they think with that. Ill have a room open tonight and ill turn mic settings on.
    / cheers.
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    if there is a way to ensure that the start of the race is DRY then i dont have a problem with the race being run with weather on. I am positive we did the last time we ran her in the last enduro we did in the Tamora. The weather added a different element that we dont get in any of the other races......

My worry is everyone doing qually on a dry track, the race starting wet and everyone having to get around for a lap on slicks to get t the pits.....if we can guard against that then problem solved IMO....

As much as i dont like the track or the wet / night driving there i think for the enduro if we can manage to run with all the options on would be good. mixes it up and gives a real challange we dont generally get.
  16. Aza2672

Aza2672 Aron Baker Gold Member

PSN ID
    AB_Saints_25 (Formerly Aza2672)
    I dont mind running time change on but I think weather should be off because last nights race practice I did on slicks on about a 7% wet track under brakes the car wouldn't turn for the corner at all it would just go straight on
  17. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Yea there used to be, to get that light rain used to turn weather on but set it to start sunny. Setting start to sunny was the key as then it never would get heavier than drissle.
    I dont seem to to see the option to start sunny with weather on any more, weather only goes in chunks of 25% and it specifically states "with weather on it will always start out with light rain getting heavier"

Anyway ive pretty much sussed the time as im home so I got the PS3 running offline while i do stuff.

I can tell you in game Sunrise is 5:00am, Sunset is 8:30pm. (I guess its based of summer hours)
    With a time progression of 24 its takes around 20 mins of game time from sunrise to sunset.
    That gives the perfect amount of day night racing 20 mins night around 40 min day, it will be slightly less than 20 in the pitch black as u get twilight conditions ect.

To sum it up, its takes around 20 mins for 8 hours of game time to change. So allowing for qual session of 20 mins, qual will start at 4:00am ( i justed tested and the sun will rise 3 min into your out lap) race will start at midday, get 2 and a half odd laps before night. 2 odd at night then bring the rest home to finish same time started

So time settings are as follows unless anyone can say why they shouldnt be :) running final dummy test (car just sitting there and I check times and light every few min)

Time prgression 24
    Start time 4:00am
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    great job Tek, am going to let you come up with the final decision with this.......will be guided by you !!
  19. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

I got it mate :p Dummy run proved perfect, starting at 4:00am it has started to get dark again at 42 mins of track time.

So allowing 20-22 mins for qual, it will mean it will be 20-22mins into the race before night kicks in giving everyone time to find there groove first.

Will do an online 3 lap race with a qual tonight to test any bugs. I think its spot on though.
  20. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    This is going to be one heck of a challenge, esp for those of us with pretty crappy eyesight already!! Night driving is not my forte. After a quick run last night, not sure I will even complete the qual without eating up a set of tyres!! Will try and get on for a blat tonight with you Tek.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.