Season 7 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Agree anon, i really struggle at night, esp with the tele i am using at the moment.

Planning on coming on tonight after the origin finishes.......need a blast to get me away from work atm...

Talk to you tonight
  2. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

yup ill be on after origin
  3. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Ok i just did a final test run and I can see qual taking about 22min once everyone gets on track and finds a slot. With this in mind just a slight tweak to the in game race start time to 3:30am

So Final settings
    In game race start 3.30am
    time progression 24
    Weather off
    varibility 0

Once you have reset the track for qual aim to to start the race once the total time (located top right corner) is between 20-22min.

This info will be posted in all division threads.
    /cheers
  4. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Will be there tonight all going well. Are we starting qual at 8pm as well?? I'm happy with that if that's the case. Did some laps on Fri night and this is gonna be a heart breaker, can't get more that 1 lap out of tyres, can't do more than 2 laps without crashing and there's nowhere to pass. Reckon you've picked a good round to miss Snake!!
  5. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

how everything go tonight fellas?
  6. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Went well tek. I didn't have a great one myself. I retired on lap 4 after I had a series of offs resulting purely from a lapse in concentration and lack of practice. We had some funky time board issues in qualy but I think the major technical issues were kept to a minimum during the race. Well done to Anon, Blue, and Enforcer. Top job lads.

I'm not to worried about my poor performance tonight, as Snake, who is my main rival had a DNS tonight. So I'd say we will both be using this as our drop round. Nothing like a nail biting final round to decide the winner! Will HAVE to put in some practice this week as I'm not to proud of my pace over the last 3 rounds. Hopefully I will have some spare time to put some laps in.
  7. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

No worries chev. I posted this in the div 3 thread about the time bug
  8. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

We had that, but what I'm talking about is the qualy order being all wacked out.
  9. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

yup we had that too, so did div 3. So everyone did, seems that track is abit bugged out or PSN is shifty tonight..
  10. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    i had a relatively good race... i made a great start off the grid.... got to the lead and i got shunted off... so over the next 6 laps undid all the damage from the 1st corner and was 10 secs away from anon going into lap seven halfway through lap seven i caught up ........

Edited by stu, result under review..........*sigh*
  11. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    I'd say it was all very buggy last night. Joined the room and Blue had the squiggly line, so jumped out and back in and there he was. Realised just before qual that my accel pedal was only working 1/2 the time. While we were resetting for qual version 2, pulled out the cables and lubed the accel pedal quickly. That got it working 3/4 of the time, finished my lap wiggled ever little cable and connector I could see, rebooted the wheel and crossed my fingers. About this time realised that there was only 7 people on my screen...no Blue again. He was definitely there at the start of qual??? So I would guess turn one was probably me Enforcer, I know I didn't hit you, but I have no idea where Blue was so I may have hit him into you. As for the rest of the race, 1 spin and half a dozen Jim's mowing adventures, it was hard work and E was always on my hammer. Couldn't see Blue, so wasn't sure where I'd come until after the race. I hope I didn't cause you too much pain Blue.

As for the accel pedal, worked fine all race and I checked it on the laptop while watching the F1, no dramas. Could this have been a bug as well?? Anyone had it before??
  12. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    blue was behind you anon into turn one... he hit you qutie hard it was enough to damage his engine and steering.... and because he couldnt see you i copped it.... yer i hadf you down to 10secs m8 but..................
  13. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    this sound familiar, i have come across a problem like that with my G27...
    sometimes i would be driving around the track and then have a spin, when the car finally comes to a stop, i go to get back on the gas and NOTHING!!
    i would push the ACCEL pedal down flat to the floor and i wouldn't go anywhere or it would only drive at 1/4, 1/2 or even 3/4 throttle... (no damage)
    so i did the same thing as you Anon, checked all the wires and then reset my wheel by pulling USB cable out and put it back in..
    i haven't had this problem before or at any other tracks!

MMMMMM has GT5 made another problem child for us to deal with?

In saying all that, this bug/glitch DIDN'T pop up in the qual or race last night. so i wish i could say this problem was the cause of my 4th place finish at the ring, but it wasn't.
    just got out driven by the better drivers.. :p
  14. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    Oh so that's why blue drove through the whole field on t1.
  15. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Unlucky Forcer. Without knowing excatly what happened but i would say enforcer served a stiff penalty for past indiscrestions and accepted it, so in no way does he deserve to be victimised.

Im sure getting bouced around amongst the lag did help at the start Aussie. Having said that I hit zamps hard when he spun in front of me, giving me full engine and suspension damage. Took ages to get going again, once I did you guys were right up on us, so the game was on from there. Cept Toppy just drove of into the sunset (literally :p) Kudos for him for being able to push that hard for so long, one mistake can cost u buckets of time at the ring.
  16. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    yeah tek at 1st the lag helped me out giving me a hand full of spots after running into the back of Aza's car in the start of the 1st braking zone (sorry m8) so i hung back to make sure Aza keep his spot over me in the 1st turn. then half the field went wide on T2 so fired my car up the inside, got good drive out.... car getting taken out all around me and then low and behold 4 corners later call it karma or not. Aza's car smash through me at about 1000 miles an hour... which knocked me 4 a sixer off the to the left. so it was a very interesting start to say at the least...

@Aza not ur fault m8 just GT5 playing up AGAIN... it impossible to avoid that :):):):).....
  17. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    DIV 1 Results, Round 6, nurburgring 24hr 7 laps.

FINISHING ORDER

1st - anon666.
    2nd - ENFORCER98.
    3rd - blueyonder-666-.
    4th - Cyber_stig_77.
    5th - PureGT_muzz.
    6th - chevwah.
    7th - NOS_neishy4AGTE (left race)
    8th - NOS_bonus_888. (left race)

FASTEST LAPS.

8.21.048 blueyonder-666-
    8.28.842 anon666
    8.33.117 ENFORCER
    8.37.499 Cyber_stig_77
    8.38.937 chevwah
    8.45.141 PureGT_muzz
  18. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Thanks cyber....

After discussion and all evidence available we have decided that results will stand as per the finishing order.

Reasons below....

Along with bonus, who saw the incident you refer to on lap 7, we have deemed it a racing incident.

He came to that conclusion based on the FACT that blue was defending his position which saw you (enforcer) on the OUTSIDE of the fast kink and you got a wheel on the grass causing the spin. It was his (bonus') opinion that while you did nothing wrong, and Blue MAY have been able to give you a little more room, he thought YOU may have been able to be a little more patient to get the pass done cleanly.

In his opinion it was a racing incident, with 50/50 blame on each side. I Trust Bonus' opinion 100%.

Just a gentle reminder to all drivers that while we want you to "race" try to be aware of giving room particularly taking into account the condition of your tires and cars that are clearly faster. While there is no 'specific' rule, it is generally agreed that moving more than once to defend your position isn't ideal.

As for the incident on lap 1, its pretty clear from all reports that it was unfortunately a lag issue, something that all 3 divisions had to contend with. Because of that, it is impossible to hand out penalties to people from a network related problem with the game itself. Blue couldn't see anon, and in taking what he thought was a clear piece of road knocked anon into enforcer......an unfortunate set of circumstances.

On to the last round......please no more protests.....it does my head in :p
  19. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    :lol: :lol: :lol: Whats up Stu the old grey matter getting a bit worn out?
  20. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

ON the finding of the protest, i didn't have the replay but i did quit out of the race half a lap from the pits with no tires to get me there so I was able to watch the last lap. I was impressed with Enforcers race in that last lap, I thought he was being very patient and blue was clearly gone with very little tires left and still a quarter of a lap to go when enforcer had good tires and had caught up to him very quickly.
    With this seasons introduction of 2 tires I think its been all in all a great success and added that bit more excitement to the series. With the way the tires ware now we have people on different strategies, if you can see that some ones has made up so much time on you and there is a long way to go its inevitable they will pass you and its not fair to just block if you tried an inferior tire strategy. Not expecting it to be as bad as it was on this super long track but just asking all to keep it in mind, if you are on failing tires keep an eye on the splits timing to see where you stand, it gives you a good idea of how good the tires are on approaching opponents. In saying all this it is reasonable to expect you can protect your line in the last few corners, if you made it that far on your strategy you deserve to defend till the end IMHO.

Now Enforcer i was impressed with your drive, just have to keep it up for a while to earn that respect you are asking for, now just got to get you settled down in practice rooms, hint hint.
    Now lets see if we can get through this last round with no protests please, Stue and the moderators got to spend more time on the track other that watching replays every week.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.