Season 9 Car Discussion

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    With over half of season 8 complete, let's get the words rolling on possible cars for next season

If you have an idea, share it!!
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Personally, due to how fast this seasons car is, I think a change to the other end of the spectrum would be refreshing and hopefully encourage good grids with less practice during the week required.

Probably a road car of some sort.

Maybe even something FF and we can utilise some of the smaller tracks... Abarth 500 perhaps?
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  3. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Citroen 2CV Type A '54 please
    Viperzed and JonoStan96 like this.
  4. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

It might be good to schedule a night to test some of these cars in short races.

If the aim is to have good racing, you want a car that has fairly 'chuckable' handling, and easy to place in traffic.

I also kinda miss the whole tyre/pit stop strategy from last season with the requirement to use 2 different tyre compounds. I wonder about the idea of starting on the tyre you qualify on, so some people might be able to consider sacrificing grid position for a longer 1st stint and the ability to finish on the softer tyre. Maybe this idea sucks but I'm just throwing it out there.
  5. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    This was done in Season 5 (RX-7 TC). If I recall correctly, the drivers starting on the softer tire seemed to have an advantage in that season.

My suggestion would be a medium-powered tuner car on sports tires, e.g. Gran Turismo 350Z.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  6. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I much prefer the control tyre, flat out sprint, one pit stop, like this season. If you want to preserve tyres in a 40 min race, I suggest picking up F1 2014/5.

For a car, I'd like to give the HSV GT500 another chance, it's a car anyone can be fast in.
    For a road car, why not a German sports car, like an Audi R8 or BMW M5?

If we have to go slow and FF :sleep:, there's a few hot hatches that are decent, not to mention the Integra and Civic Touring Cars. But if we're going to go slow, how can we not go for the Suzuki Cappuccino Race Car?

Oh and normal wear thanks. Artificial wear is bs.
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
    TDZdave likes this.
  7. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

In a slower car, on road tyres and normal wear, would you even need to pit in a 45 min race? If the Subaru from last season is anything to go by, you wouldn't have had to pit at all on normal wear/fuel usage.
  8. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Probably not but racing should be done on track and not have your position dictated on how many seconds you lose in the box. At Silverstone @Randm90 lost 10 seconds being held in the pit lane due to being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I say keep normal wear but if we must pit, enforce a stop window.
    TDZdave likes this.
  9. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    a mandatory stop without worrying about wear would be interesting. Like you can pit anytime so you can make sure the pit lane is empty when you do.
  10. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    The FF idea has come up a few times in recent past and has had a bit of interest, especially in the touring/race cars that are to choose from. Might be goo/refreshing to try something completely different.

That being said, I haven't made up my mind if i'm sticking around GT or jumping ship to Pcars...............................
  11. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    lightning trucks.
    would be great with the supercharger but that would open up tuning. then again the pcars boys have tuning so maybe that isn't a bad thing.
    so tuned lightning trucks, no nos, racing hards, shake and bake

edit
    forget i menitoned that, it can't be numbered
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  12. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

If you go Suzuki Cappuccino Race Car you'll see me jumping back. The racing in those things are epic even if you barely end up going over the speed limit ;)
    Hatfield likes this.
  13. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    Acura NSX LM Race Car '91
  14. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    what tires for the cappuccino?
  15. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

16. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    Lexus IS F Racing Concept '08 is probably the closest thing to a paintable premium V8SC with custom numbers.
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  18. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Isn't that the DTM? have not played the game for awhile but that car would be about 50-60 years ahead of a V8SC
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  19. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    nice car to drive, although probably haven't done it without tuning
  20. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    +1 M5, Would love to see another FR road car in the mix. Maybe even another erm.....LFA Nurburgring Edition......