Season 9 Car Discussion

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Adronaught

Adronaught Team Driver

PSN ID
    adronaught
    I'm inclined to agree with you Bryan. It's a great car! BUT, I think the most fundamental points to be addressed in perusing cars/tracks for next season are as follows:
    - do we want 'fun' brought back into Sunday Night League?
    - do we want to bring the fields closer together?
    - do we want to produce closer racing with more passing opportunities?
    - and probably the most contentious point, are ROOZ drivers prepared to run on SH or CS tyres in order to facilitate the above two points?
    If so, I would suggest the LCC Rocket or the Lotus Elise 111R. Both cars are brilliant straight out of the box, and with ':):):):)ty' tyres they move around a lot more, which is a lot of fun and good from the point of view of learning better car control skills...
    To counter the limitations of the Rocket's gear box, I often race it to "Gentleman's Agreement" rules, which allows tuning, BUT, by honour system, only allows tuning to the 'max speed' of an upgraded gearbox. 'We' have no problem with trust on the 'tune max speed only' rule, but I realise that wouldn't fly with ROOZ.
    However, with regs capping power at 563PP/174HP it means that any 'clever' tuning that may go on is limited to suspension tweaks only...and I'm wondering if tweaking 'boss suspension tunes' on CS tyres would really reap any huge advantage anyway (any thoughts on this point welcomed).
    I know it might seem left of field, but I assure you all, the LCC Rocket raced on "Gentleman's Agreement' regs produces very good 3 and 4 wide racing without the consequences of the much more powerful cars, and would suit the notion of getting onto some of the smaller, racier tracks mentioned.
    And if I'm not mistaken, I think the main reason most of us got into this lounge room racing thing in the first place was "FUN!"
    Remember? Lol!
    So yeah, my suggestions for cars: LCC Rocket (Gentleman's Agreement or ROOZ adaptation thereof) on SH/CS tyres
    Lotus Elise 111R on SH/CS tyres
    WSR 1983 Ayrton Senna again, on SH/CS tyres
    OR, any of these cars on SS tyres, BUT, to go with any more grip kind of defeats the purpose of running non race tyres, which is enhancing car movement/feel/feedback, and producing more fun and closer racing.
    Give the Rocket a go and see what you think. Cheers
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
    Easyprey007 and REVO_Bryan like this.
  2. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

I'm a bit sick of one-line cars that only go fast driven one specific way.

Something like one of the quicker M3 road cars on Sports Tyres would be great, nice and adjustable moving around slightly.
    Fast Tyre wear should make it 1x stop no probs in a 40min race, sorry @N64TheStig007 but it's not that hard to make Sports tyres last 20->25mins on Fast-Wear!

Definitely keen to go back to 2x compounds too, but adjacent ones, SS & SM or SM & SH.
    emmo46 likes this.
  3. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    You've won me, that would be great.
  4. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

I'm all for anything that brings close racing across all divs. Rather than just guess, perhaps we should test them out in some short races in between seasons. The car that brings the slowest guy the closest to the fastest guy, could be the ideal car.
  5. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Hmmm, :thumbsdown: Subaru 360 :sneaky:
  6. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    The Senna F3 car is a blast to drive. Its been a while since it was used in a community event and could be a good season car.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  7. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I've been wanting the Senna F3 or Lotus 97T for a few seasons, but wasn't it vetoed in the interests of the teams championship?
    IMO this could easily be solved with the 100's of suits and helmets available in the game.
    TDZdave and Hatfield like this.
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    just because we have teams championship doesn't mean we can't run a non-paintable.

Also the suits idea is awesome!
  9. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    I could definitely go for some Elise 111R on road/sport tyres, which has nothing to do with the car being great on a DS3... (at least on race hards)
  10. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    And don't forget the X-Bow Street/R. You get a choice of two power levels!
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  11. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    If that's the case then I'm all for the Formula 3 car, RH tyres.
    TDZdave likes this.
  12. Watto64

Watto64 Rookie

BMW M3 GTR 03 on RH or SS...............nice!!
    And for the record, I'd love to see a return to the Season 5 tyre regs where we had the dual compounds (RS and RH), tyre/fuel wear set to fast and had the option to start the race on what we quallied on.
    Made for some great racing at the tail end where guys on very worn RH's getting hunted down by guys on much fresher RS.
    Really made tyre conservation a key point and gave as a mix of race strategies rather than "pit a lap either side of half race".
    And, if a car cant have a race number on it...........who cares, you can change the colour and your bloody names above the car anyway!!!!
    emmo46 likes this.
  13. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    :thumbsup: That season kept the races interesting until the last lap. This season I am getting settled into a position fairly early and the only thing of interest is maybe someone spinning to allow me past. I ran a non stop race last Sunday just so I could get a glimpse of the leaders after they pitted. I even raced them for position for a corner or two.
    Watto64 likes this.
  14. Ninja2

Ninja2 Rookie

PSN ID
    blackNINJA968
    wow lot's of good suggestions. I guess there'll be a vote soon.
    Speaking from noobie perspective even though I'm enjoying the pug it is a real handful so I'm hoping we choose something more 'normal' (tamer!) if only to bring the racing together. Not to keen on allowing any tuning options ... prefer pure driver-on-driver racing myself.
    JonoStan96 and Watto64 like this.
  15. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I like the idea of two different tyres, but for me if we're going to do that there needs to be a compulsory pit window or a minimum/maximum amount of laps required on a tyre and on normal wear. Maybe it's just me, but there was just something ludicrous about driving around on soft tyres that were worn down to 2's or even 1's on the front yet were still capable of faster lap times than a brand new set of hard tyres. GT6's tyre model is pretty dire, and the gulf between compounds is too high.

On the other hand, one idea I've always wanted to put to the test was perhaps (for example a race car) a season with Racing Hards and either mediums or softs on normal wear. Do you try to reach the end without stopping on the hards or go for all out pace on the faster tyre but take a pitstop?

If not the one compound, normal wear formula for me is always the best.
    TDZdave likes this.
  16. its-benny-racer

To be honest, I think the closest all-round racing I've had all year was in TITTS in the 300pp Toyota Vitz on comfort tyres. Doesn't have much grip, but doesn't go fast enough to need it. Side by side at nearly every corner for the whole race, especially fun around Monaco.
    emmo46 likes this.
  17. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    do you reckon it would have been fun untuned? i definitely have closer racing most street nights. maybe coz most don't practice?
  18. its-benny-racer

I think it was de-tuned to get down to 300pp, yes it had racing suspension, brakes, trans etc. but I doubt you could get much more out of it by being a better tuner.
  19. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    but it wouldn't be tuned if it was in sunday league, which i what i thought you were alluding too
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  20. its-benny-racer

Yes, it would likely be more even on a league race. I guess slower cars give you more time to react, especially in traffic. Also speed differences between drivers would be less.