Season I - F1 2016 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Aug 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    qualified near the back and jumped @Bryan_F in front of me off the start.
    Circulated without issue until it was time to get off the softs and I went for hards.
    3/4 through that mammoth stint, bryan caught me on his mediums but couldn't find a way passed. A few times he went side by side with me into T1 but I kept it round the outside and similar thing but with me on the inside after the second DRS zone.
    Then he dropped off (I assume pitted) and I kept going until my last stop to put on mediums.
    Came out 7 secs behind bryan and began the chase for 11th place.
    Brought the gap down and got in the DRS with about 5 to go.
    Got by when he ran wide at the double right hander but the rejoin happened and we touched tyres which caused something to break but I couldn't look at it.
    Kept at it and the car decided it didn't want to behave at T1-2 which let bryan through and with @Motors560 DSC, that was how I lost the final point :(
    This 100% absolutely wrecked my hands so I just feel gutted about the result.
    Well done podium
  2. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Qualifying: P3 - I stuffed up turn 12 on my last fast lap and was up 8 tenths already - so should have given Benny's 10.5 a shake for pole but ended up with a 10.9 and started P3.

Race: P5 (S-H-M) - I knew the race was going to be tough trying to 2 stop starting from the softs, so I had to try not to get caught up with too many battles and drive my own race as much as I could. I got a great start off the line and was right on Benny's diffuser before @Zachery pulled over to the right, right on me and pushed me wide off the track, as I scrambled to get back on track and try to give people room around me, I'd lost a couple of spots.

For the first stint I pushed to try and keep pace with the 3-4 at the front but as my softs went off I was losing time, and pitted for Hards at my scheduled stop on Lap 12. I had to run 35 laps on the Hards to make my strategy work so I drove the middle stint with that in mind and made it to my scheduled last stop for Mediums.

From here I pushed and pushed, overtaking @warrior2167 who was battling Benny on worn softs (how many days do you get to overtake warrior twice in a race!), tried to get past @its-benny-racer but he closed the door on me and I ultimately lost touch with him on fresher softs, but I knew he had to pit again still. As the leaders started to pit @JonoStan96 came out just ahead of me, but being on a fresher set of mediums I couldn’t quite keep up with him. @razor4797 was closing in behind also on fresher mediums and we had a good battle for a few laps with me having to defend hard into turn 1 a number of times, but he was patient and ultimately got the move done at the end of the 2nd DRS zone into turn 4 with a couple of laps to go - good fun. With my mediums already approaching 70% Benny was closing up fast behind me, but with only a lap to go he couldn’t catch me in time - finished P5.

I could maybe have pushed a bit harder at times, but wasn’t sure if the strategy would get me home.
    warrior2167, razor4797 and JonoStan96 like this.
  3. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    and well done all the regulars for showing up - Its been a long season and we had 15 on the grid I think, only 1 race to go now!
    razor4797 and JonoStan96 like this.
  4. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    @Hatfield
    I honestly don't know what to say, because saying I'm sorry doesn't even scratch the surface in terms of the amount of remorse I feel after that incident. It was a dreadful way to end the race after such good racing up to that point. :(
  5. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    I qualified a fair 10th but at T1 managed to rear end Nige which knocked off a big chuck of my front wing, i decided to continue as it seemed pretty minor but after dropping down to last and consistently losing time i brought it in for a pit stop on lap 7.
    Came out on the hards and was now looking to close the gap on those in front who would of been half way through their soft stint. After all the pit stops had settled i was about 10 seconds behind the car in front (bear in mind they were on fresh mediums and i had a couple of offs) so i just tried to drive as clean as possible (already with a 3 second time penalty) and then try and catch on my medium stint, unfortunately i decided in the middle of the twisty sector 2 going into turn 10 would be the right time to ask my engineering about the car in front, this caused me to get on the grass and spin under brakes, i didnt turn around as the leaders were now coming past and by the time i did get it around I was 30 odd seconds behind again. I kept on going in case of a safety car as well as my engineering telling me the Bounty was possibly going for more pit stops. However about 2 laps after my spin the game tells me it was migrating host, thinking the host must of just DSC'd i continued but another 4, 5, 6 people disconnected and i realised i was actually on my own in the lobby, so i rejoined the original lobby and decided to retire my car after all the disappointment that had happened.
    Judging by a video of Jono's start looked like i was lagging a lot? can anyone confirm this?
    I will get my dad to call up Telstra tomorrow and see if there is any problem with the internet lines (big storm on the weekend blew up my old modem and telephones) or whether it is just the new modem not up to scratch (I do use a wired connection on PS4).

Cheers, Kieran-B33 (X_Gregory33_X on PSN)
    warrior2167 and JonoStan96 like this.
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    oh and @Kieran_B33 was lagging quite a bit in the first stint which is how I lost half my nose while on the softs lol
  7. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    yeah it was going well. Had you beaten me I would've still been happy, but the fact that the car just behaved so weird in a place I had no trouble for 69 laps made it suck at the end
  8. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    @its-benny-racer got the fastest lap with a 1:12.037
  9. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Another question: during race strategy, I couldn't get the hards to become the first tyre despite being lower than 10th... how can this be done?
  10. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Once again had pretty reasonable pace for my standards. Qually 5th. First stint was absolute poo straight after the vsc ran wide at turn 1, not off the track but right on the outside, couldnt be more inside for turn two on the kerb, front left was hit sending me to the grass. Now last or second last. Round up bounty and bryan pretty quick with aid of drs. Pit for mediums. Undercut got me in the points. Cruised around and around and around by myself for ages. At some point in the second half of race got @Nigel Burley tow for the pit straight/curve. Was focused just on gunnerz car paid no attention to a lapped car and paid the price for that. Luckily i was the only one affected. Pitted again for fresh softs only to exit right behind leader. No point trying to overtake just to get blue flags so just followed Zachery for the final dozen odd laps.
    warrior2167, Zachery and JonoStan96 like this.
  11. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Very pleased with the Brazilian GP! :D
    Decided with the conservative strategy (M-H-M) and went out in quali with the white coloured rubber on. I knew that if I hit my lap targets without incidents that I would be on for a top 5 finish.

Started from 6th position and got a good jump off the line, passing @Knuckles into T1.
    Down the back straight I thought for sure there was going to be a safety car after seeing an almighty tank slapper from @Motors560 in the middle of traffic, some miracle that everyone got away unscathed!

The end of the lap 1 VSC saw me make a move down the inside of Spectre at T1 as we entered the second lap, but before I knew it he was back on my inside for the pass into T4.

Lap 3 saw @JonoStan96 pass me after a mistake which cost me a second or two and gave him and Spectre a bit of a gap.

From this point til when I pitted for Hards on lap 21, I was racing solo, trying to make the tyres last and keep myself in contention.

Came out of the pits just behind Spectre who was also on the Hard tyre and we had a close battle for a few laps. When I finally got passed on T1 of lap 25, I got a huge snap of oversteer coming onto the back straight, gifting Spectre the place back and sending me onto the grass, losing 7 seconds.

For the next 20 laps I fought my way back and I was again on the tail of Spectre, although he pitted on the following lap.

At this point I knew I needed to go for it to make sure I could still challenge Spectre at the end of the race and stay ahead of @its-benny-racer.
    The car found grip despite being on 60% worn Hards and I set the fastest lap (at the time).

Dove into the pits on lap 53 to give myself a straight shot on the Medium tyre to the finish.
    Coming out of the pits saw me 5 seconds behind Spectre, although I had fresher rubber so I knew I would slowly gain.

6 laps later I was back within DRS, but now I've got engine wear so I'm a little down on power which was lovely. And then to make matters worse, a few laps later I'm told that there is a DRS fault which made trying to overtake so frustrating.

After a few side-by-side corners and runs down the straights, I eventually squeeze through on lap 68 and created a bit of breathing space to safely come home in 4th, a couple of car lengths behind Jono who had a very late spin.

Was definitely my most enjoyable F1 League Race so far, and one of the best battles with another driver in my whole ROOZ career. Cheers @The_Spectre for a tough but clean fight, that's what we are here for!

And to @Zachery ; surely a performance like that has gotta bring you out of retirement ;) Well done mate, superb drive!

Championship Finale next week, and I'm sure that will be full of surprises. See you then!
  12. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    razor4797 and Zachery like this.
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  14. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Don't give up @Zachery ! If you and @The_Spectre take the top 2 spots in the final round and Renault score less than 3 points, you can win the constructors!!
    JonoStan96, Zachery and The_Spectre like this.
  15. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Oh man really?? Hummmmm i am on holidays next week too. If my wheel doesnt sell before then i guess i can make it.
    You guys are hindering my retirement! :roflmao:
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  16. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Hat would you like to dissect the situation and who can win the driver title and how? ;)
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Well for third place, if @Beau_Albert makes an appearance and wins, and @its-benny-racer gets 5th, they tie, but beau wins on countback.
    So benny needs 4th to cement 3rd place in the championship and that is as high as he can get.

Now for the top spot...

At this stage, both @JonoStan96 & @seth123 drop 12 points and are separated by 4.
    In the event their scores tie (such as if seth is 4th and jono 6th in the final round) seth would win on countback 5 wins to 3

So for seth, a win would ensure victory, but 2nd with jono 3rd would mean jono wins...

It's-a gon'na be tasty!
    JonoStan96, The_Spectre and razor4797 like this.
  18. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    And they say Rosberg v Hamilton is the biggest rivalry in F1
    razor4797 likes this.
  19. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Is that countback for the whole season or just a leg? Doesn't 3 wins trump 2 in a countback situation?
  20. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Don't stress, i'm working till 10 so there'll be no appearence from me :thumbsup:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.