Season I - F1 2016 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Aug 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Very much enjoying the game, vastly superior to 2014. Feel way more in control of the car, unlike GT6 it has realistic feel and feedback through the wheel.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    put me in as a reserve
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Day will be comfirmed on Friday night.

At this stage it looks certain ROOZ will now have Thursday Night Formula One!
    The_Spectre, Knuckles and Half-Byte like this.
  4. cruciald00dz

cruciald00dz Team Driver

PSN ID
    CRUCIALD00DZ
    Im so stoked on this series
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  5. its-benny-racer

It might end up being league worthy.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  6. its-benny-racer

Just did a couple of wet practice sessions at China (on inters not full wet). Impressed by the realism, you can clearly see the dry line forming and the effect on handling seems realistic.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  7. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    It still is a bit off, there is no grip at all off the racing line whereas in reality it can be very much the same or much greater...

Regardlesss I'm hooked on this game, I'll be on as much as I can providing my internet can handle it.

Sorry @cruciald00dz my net was being stupid all night and I missed your invite.
  8. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Drop me as reserve
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  9. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    I'll take #66 instead.

As for the settings, you are right to not use manual pit lane limiter if it's glitchy.

As for the other settings, would anyone love to see a compromise?

50% race with Full qualifying
    Simulation damage

I'm frothing over the thought of having someone bin it in Q1 or Q2 if they're really quick. And simulation damage would mean everyone is super hesitant to make contact with each other. But maybe I'm just a masochist...

There's never enough people to run a proper hardcore league. I ran a no assists league once, but noone's ever keen enough to stick it out for weeks. So I've come to terms with the fact that I have to just put up with using no assists while every other driver is basically 'cheating' using traction control. Happens all the time in public lobbies: you set up the lobby to allow a few assists so that it fills up, and you lose by a few seconds the first few races because they drive like lightning, then you deliberately ban all the assists because that's how you wanted to actually race online originally and you instantly win the ensuing race after half a lap because all the chumps can't handle it and they quit. It's pretty demoralising when you're slogging your guts out without traction control and you know that the only reason the person ahead is beating you is because they are using assists.

But anyway, that's a different story.

Who likes this:

50% race with Full qualifying
    Simulation damage
    cruciald00dz likes this.
  10. cruciald00dz

cruciald00dz Team Driver

PSN ID
    CRUCIALD00DZ
    yeah that sounds awesome mate, I would prefer 50% as I dont really have time for a 100%er with work and uni on weeknights, are we going to decide on no assists? I'm pretty much the same as you in regards to this...

The amount of times ive been getting floged in my own lobby, turn assists off and then watch the whole pack spin from the start lights
    Crunch likes this.
  11. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    You do realise 50% with full qualifying will take longer than 100% with short qualifying right...
    Sorry, it's not happening. Especially with the risk of lag and other variables, if someone qualifies at the back and then spends 40 odd minuites twiddling their thumbs waiting for Q2 and Q3 to finish, only to have a race ending 1st lap crash, they're not exactly going to be encouraged to come back and that's even before simulation damage is taken into account which would increase the risk ten fold.

Also assists are being allowed, mainly because traction control and ABS off is stupidly hard, much harder than any "sim" I've played. This game still uses the "snap oversteer at 5% throttle at 160km/h" and "lock up all 4 brakes just touching the brake pedal" gimmicks like last year.
    That being said I would like to limit TC to medium as it is a fine balance between spinning like an idiot and flooring it without concequence.
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  12. its-benny-racer

Short qually, 50% race would make it similar time wise to a Sunday league round. TC medium + ABS would be my pref for allowed assists.
  13. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    setups allowed or default only?
  14. its-benny-racer

Is there a default? I've not seen what limits you can put on setup, but there isn't really a 1 setup that would fit all tracks. One that would work at Monaco is going to suck at Monza.
  15. WOLFYDADDY007

WOLFYDADDY007 Team Driver

PSN ID
    WOLFYDADDY007
    It is confirmed I will be the reserve driver for the HAAS team if it is on Thursday nights. Another learning curve for an old man possibly couldd blow my brains out. Dementia may be setting in.
  16. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Default is the middle of the 5 preset / easy setup options isnt it? (1 being basically high downforce and 5 being low downforce)

im not sure what the lobby settings allow you to restrict setup wise - running either the default, or preset/easy setups only means people can just show up and don't have to do much prep (yes they wont be optimal on some tracks but we don't all have time to do car setups and practice for multiple leagues throughout the week)
  17. WOLFYDADDY007

WOLFYDADDY007 Team Driver

PSN ID
    WOLFYDADDY007
    Regarding Assists. It's commendable that you like to race without them. But if you've done all your training in racing without assists of course you're going to beat someone who's done all their training with assists that are now turned off. It is not cheating to race without assists because the in game cars are generated by the way that they are in real life, this doesn't mean that they are 100% real, but the programmers try to get them as real as possible within the games 'boundaries'. So therefore certain cars run better with assists no matter how good the driver is. If I was racing and someone changed the rules of the room to suit 'their' style of driving... Wouldn't that be considered rule bending to your own needs? I used to race all the time with no assists now I race with cars 'tuned' to my style of driving. I open a lobby and the regulations are for all to enjoy.
    Hatfield and Half-Byte like this.
  18. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Setups aren't particularly beneficial, you can still run default and be competivive but setups will be allowed.
    cruciald00dz likes this.
  19. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    LOL. Absolutely no offence at all N64, but that's the most incorrect thing I've ever seen written on the forums. Setups are a mandatory consideration on this game. They always have, and they always will.

The proper setup to be competitive will literally break the laws of physics, and often, it won't get patched by CM at all. I remember the 11/11 glitch of F1 2011 and the 1/1 glitch of F1 2012 so well... Good times. Who also remembers 11 anti-roll bar on the rear? 1/1 ride height? The list goes on and on...

-
    Unless the game has implemented such a function for this release, you can't mandate a particular setup anyway. This rule would be done on a gentleman's agreement, and as the cynical realist I am, that just won't happen. Unless there's a function to lock it, it's either setups allowed or no league.

I appreciate that you're fighting the honourable fight, and it is most virtuous, but I've been having that fight for half a decade now and I've conceded defeat. F1 games don't have a hardcore majority audience, and there just aren't enough like-minded people akin to you and me. I'd be floored in amazement if we reached any concensus or even half a concensus upon banning assists.

EDIT:
    Sure, but these cars aren't built (NB: developed by CM) to use assists because F1 cars don't have those assists. As a purist NA (no-assists), I can't even find a lobby without assists, because to get a race, even in leagues, you need to conform to the majority audience to even get a race. I can't open a lobby under my 'style' of driving because noone will ever join. I might get one person, but as soon as I start the 1v1 race, they quit after half a lap. I've even deliberately driven slow before so that I can have even a smidgen of fun, but they still can't hack a single lap. It sucks.

EDIT2:
    I need to take another break from posting again because my posts always come off either arrogant, pretentious or overly critical, and I'm not trying to be. I know people get annoyed, so I'll shut up now :)
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    WOLFYDADDY007 likes this.
  20. cruciald00dz

cruciald00dz Team Driver

PSN ID
    CRUCIALD00DZ
    I just want F1 racing that tastes like real milk
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.