Season I - F1 2016 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Aug 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    I tried to make 2 realistic events a supercar event no assists what so ever, with damage as well as a GT3 series with realistic assists with damage, no one in this leagues a hardcore driver, our main leagues based of 1 make series without tuning if you were to find a grid of like minded people you would probably have to buy Iracing with other drivers who spend around 1K to do what they want, yeah there's a few gentleman who would race on the most realistic setttings but 22 drivers in total wouldn't.

People buy f1 games as fans and want to be their f1 icon not race their hearts out.

I think if Jono hears the word assist one more time we will be ordering a mod to lock the thread.
    Crunch likes this.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    he would need medical assistance ...
    Spidey_11 and seth123 like this.
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    This is F1 2016 not F1 2011...
  4. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    If someone wins with no set up will everyone calm down?
    seth123, Spidey_11 and Half-Byte like this.
  5. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Locked harder than a 17 year old Victorian girl on heat
    X-WTF_MAN-X, Randm90 and Viperzed like this.
  6. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

To me the reason why using the assists helps is to make up for the lack of the actual feedback you would get if driving a real car.

In the real car you can feel every bump, every change in yaw rate, you can probably even feel the lock up of the brakes and spin of the rear tyres. Unfortunately sitting in my chair in front of my wheel at home, I don't get any of that information in order to react. All I have is visual info, sound and feedback through the wheel to react to.

I'm sure it is possible with enough time spent getting attuned to the available information, but that would likely take months of doing not much else other than work, sleep and play F1 2016 (while eating). Some people might have the time to dedicate to this end, but I do not.
    Spidey_11 and Crunch like this.
  7. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Anyway back on topic, since the series is being split into three rounds of 7 (same as a rooz season) would people mind if 2 of those 7 are 100% races? A sprint wouldn't work as it would screw up the save feature Codies implemented.
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  8. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    I wouldn't mind doing occasional full distance races,
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Flyaway Leg: Australia, Monaco
    European Leg: Britain, Belgium
    Pacific Leg #2: Japan, Brazil

^100% suggestions
    Crunch likes this.
  10. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Albert parks a :):):):)hole lol, I like the Japanese suggestion hatters and Brazil :thumbsup:
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    with my limited time, whenever I try an F1 game, it is the first race so I practice and race that one and then don't play it anymore lol
    I would tell myself I am going to dedicate some time to a short F1 season, put in the practice with AI to find my difficulty level and finish top half, then whatever the next track is at the time I come dead last since I haven't done enough laps and that's the end of that !
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  12. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    That's why I hate Albert park always the first track you try for the season and lose interest, because I've tried to take a season seriously and had like 10 attempts at the place hahaha :mad:
    Crunch likes this.
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    actually had a lot of fun there a few years ago.

Had a Bathurst day at @Slasher 's place and after the race, had the new codies F1 game of that year setup with a projector & wheel etc
    @gominiman , slasher n myself were just hotlapping with no limitations on DRS and the normal KERS amount to use each lap. Really fun trying to turn on DRS as early as possible out of every corner without spinning

For a real challenge, try taking a phone call mid lap and doing steering + down/up shifts one handed LOL
  14. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Also for qualifying, why not practice and then 1 lap shootout?
  15. WOLFYDADDY007

WOLFYDADDY007 Team Driver

PSN ID
    WOLFYDADDY007
    I personally don't find your opinions arrogant or negative I think thoughts make progress for the better sometime we have to have patience but I know when I race doing what I want in a room it doesn't matter if someone beats me using what's allowed so if I win on a unicycle when my opponents are in a f1 RESPECT IS MINE ha ha ha and they can't do a thing about it it's not the WIN that COUNTS it's the way YOU WIN THAT COUNTS.
    Crunch and Knuckles like this.
  16. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

I agree, Melb would be a bit boring at 100%, so many other tracks I like though it is hard to pick 6.
    Leg 1: Would be happy with Bahrain, China, Russia or Monaco
    Leg 2: Britain, Germany, Belgium or Italy
    Leg 3: Singapore, Malaysia, USA or Abu Dhabi
  17. cruciald00dz

cruciald00dz Team Driver

PSN ID
    CRUCIALD00DZ
    Anyone keen for a strap tonight
  18. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Thank god you didn't put on after strap...
    I'll be on later, hopefully we get a few on tonight :)
    Crunch likes this.
  19. Half-Byte

Half-Byte Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Half-Byte
    I'd just like to say that there are many race cars out there (in real life) with Variable traction control settings and ABS settings, and they can be adjusted on the fly by the drivers. Since my Dad and I have been playing GT6 and various other race sims we've had to take into consideration that TCS and ABS are a Tuneable setting. But to me this does not mean that Steering assist, Brake Assist and others such as these come into the same category as TCS and ABS. ;)

As for 100% Races I believe that Red Bull Ring in Austria would be a perfect size for a full length race:D
    WOLFYDADDY007 and JonoStan96 like this.
  20. Half-Byte

Half-Byte Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Half-Byte
    I dont mean any Offense to anyone at all just wanted to say something :D:D:D
    JonoStan96 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.