Season I - F1 2016 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Aug 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
  2. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Thanks to everyone for the kind words. Kinda feels like a little family on this site. I'm mainly writing this just so no one believes i'd hurt myself badly. Overall was in hospital for 2 days and am slowly on the mend, Tried running the simulator today but simply couldn't deal with the amount of pain so decided to pass this round. Plan is to rest over the weekend and maybe try to come back for Silverstone though saying that i'd been told by surgeons not to drive for a few weeks (that apparently includes my simulator as well i did ask) but at the same time i don't want to "dog" the boys for the second week in a row so you know i'll try to be there but if i can't be there i know you guys will understand.
    Anyway onwards to the next round hopefully i'll be there :)
  3. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Heres my pole/ entire session:

Do excuse my first flying lap I was still not in the groove and miss judged turn 1 cutting it,

I do go faster from there though with a legal lap !

@9;33 is when the magic starts
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
    Bounty05, Zachery and JonoStan96 like this.
  4. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Is there a way for me to determine whether it was me lagging. feel pretty bad for beau if my internet went all:poop::poop::poop: on him. i did reset my router before hand, but what else can i do to avoid that in future?
    Beau_Albert and seth123 like this.
  5. WOLFYDADDY007

WOLFYDADDY007 Team Driver

PSN ID
    WOLFYDADDY007
    If you turn of all your wifi eg. Phones computer ect this will help. :cool:
    seth123 and Zachery like this.
  6. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    I'm unsure, you had 1 little spike for me. Nothing to say you're trying to kill me but we raced alright, could be something between you two?
  7. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    I always do for league racing yeah. ive got the static ip for the ps4 aswell so i dunno. theres a thread on it here on the site. ill look at that
    seth123 likes this.
  8. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Yeah we were next to each other for ages. also @Samsung1998racer did you cop any lag from me?
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  10. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Wow, after how much I struggled with this bloody track for the last fortnight, if anyone said I would finish 2nd, I'd have laughed! Super happy with last nights result and a good way to bounce back after a few races in the wilderness. A last minute setup change gave me a new injection of confidence. I was a lucky boy to get back in after my game froze, sadly this meant running Magnussen's helmet... :(

However I do believe I lost this race during qualifying, having made a complete meal of the final corner, I lost about 4 tenths there. As a result I started behind Sam and really lost the chance to try and control the event.

The start was uniformly poor, however I think my lights were delayed the more I look at the footage. I somehow lost no positions until Deadman did his best Nick Heidfeld and Takuma Sato 2002 impression at the hairpin, felt bad for my new teammate Razor, who keep in mind only got the game a week ago and only reassured the fact he is the controller god of ROOZ. 4th on debut is a spectacular effort.

I was holding onto 4th before I passed Spectre who had a terrible run out of the final corner, but unfortunately Seth and Sam were far into the distance. Still, I was comfortably keeping Beau and Zharvs behind. I thought I made a big mistake staying out a lap longer on SS's but it worked a treat, I lost no places (apart from Spectre who was on a 3 stop) and had the tyre advantage with fresher S's. Spectre did a Gerhard Berger and held me up a treat before pitting on the same lap!

Once Beau detonated, the race turned on its head for me and suddenly I was in with a chance, I took the lead when the leaders pitted, but I was no match for Sam on his new SS's but surely he had to stop again. Seth was on my tail on his new S's. I didn't particularly want to waste time racing him so I tried letting him through but only succeeded in causing him to crash into the back of me, furthering the damage to his wing. Embarrassingly I was screaming at him that I was waving him through but my mic was muted. Oops.

That cost me about 4 seconds, but I was in prime position to take 2nd as Zharvs needed to pit again and Seth needed a new wing. But Sam didn't pit, surely 16 laps on SS's wouldn't be possible... I was taking roughly 3 seconds a lap out of him, but somehow he didn't puncture his tyres in a superb piece of tyre saving, but even still I'm over the moon with 2nd place, considering the predicament I was in, to dig deep in the crisis I would definitely rank that as my best performance of the season.

Well done Sam on the fine win, I must wonder what kind of shape those tyres were in. Onto Silverstone next week and boy oh boy am I looking forward to this one. 52 laps! The British GP and DOTD threads will go up later today.

Cheers, Jono.
    Sam D Blacklock and Zachery like this.
  11. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Was a rather lonely race. Start was a little hectic. Had a good clean pass on fatboy into turn one lap 2. Shaping up to go back past again up to t3. He decided against it and visited the wall instead.
    Chasing down @its-benny-racer at the end. He was too far infront, would of been close but wouldnt of got him. Poor guy had issues with 2 laps to go. Mark webber of rooz 2016.
    Finished another 6th. 5 out of 9 races so far finished 6th. Atleast i know where i belong.
  12. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Sorry i missed last night, was down at cricket training for the first time this season and completely forgot that we were racing this week. I'll probably be there next week
  13. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Fatboy?? really we gonna go there are we. don't wanna start a name calling session with me knucklehead
    Sam D Blacklock and Zachery like this.
  14. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Qualifying: My first flying lap was spoiled by a slower car ahead then put in a decent banker. On my flyer I was up 4 tenths in sector 1 alone but threw it away being nervous about some traffic on out laps in sector 2. I should have started on the front row, but instead P3 and was happy enough with that.

Race: I got a good start but was stuck on the outside as Seth tried to defend from Benny, I got squeezed off the track by Benny on the corner exit and lost a couple of places, fortunately made them up as Knuckles (i think it was) speared Benny off track at turn 2. Overall in the race I really struggled with tyre wear, I had planned on a 2 stop US/S/SS strategy but by Lap 5 I was struggling with the USs in front of Jono and pitted 2 laps early and then vapourised a set of softs in 12 laps (instead of the planned ~18) and had to resort to pitting twice more to get home from there - so that meant I was always going to struggle to battle with the front runners. I was trying to conserve the tyres, and not driving like I was in TT mode, so not sure what was going on there - I hadnt made any drastic changes in setup from Tuesdays practice race... Finished about a pit stop length behind the front runners which is where i had hoped to be, bit disappointed to finish P5, but that’s the way it goes.
  15. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    lol let's overreact at the typo!
    Sam D Blacklock, seth123 and Zachery like this.
  16. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    strange, my Tyre wear was better than expected. turns out i couldve pitted earlier for my US near the end.
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    about razor, I think u mean 4th in Qualifying on debut.
    His race ended in my rear tyre haha
    Sam D Blacklock and seth123 like this.
  18. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    on jonos video. at the 7:50 mark, the mini map showing me and beau behind him seems so show my dot not doing anything erratic, but beaus dot is. does that mean the lag was on his end? im not trying to pass the buck, just genuinely want to get to the bottom of it because i feel bad.
  19. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Hahaha. Apologies mr benjamin j smith.
    Sam D Blacklock and JonoStan96 like this.
  20. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Don't worry, the only Knucklehead was the one who crashed on lap 2 lol.

@Zharvs92 if you watch the brief cutscene before Beau's driver jumps out of the car you can see various other cars teleporting, so I have a feeling it wasn't your fault...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.