Season I - F1 2016 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Aug 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Wish i was up the grid enough to race with benny. Down the back unfortunately. Do apologize if i got in your way early on. You were behind me when i went to pit and slipped right out of the lane so had to go round again. Pretty sure it was you anyways.
  2. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    yeah i see what you mean. Interesting to note, in all my practice races and tests throughout the two weeks, my Rs dash app would fall out of sync before the last 2 corners, then sync up again. has this happened to anyone else running the app?
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
  4. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    It's fine @Zharvs92 i'm pretty certain it's from my end. Nothing you could've done. As i said it's far from the first instance of it this season. The PS4s smaller wifi connectivity has ruined me. I find it ridiculous on one console i am hosting the lobbies with download speeds above 40mb and 10 upload, yet on PS4 if either number is in double digits than all my Birthdays and Christmas' have come at once :(
  5. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    are you able to hardwire at all? if not, what about those adapters that run ethernet through power supply? dunno if theyre any good but might be worth a chop for ya?
  6. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Tyre puncture, unfortunately this is a bad track to try to come back on. After the lap 1 incident I had to push hard which hurt the tyres, ended up a 4 stopper. It sucked, as I felt that I had the pace to run near the front without having to push the tyres.
  7. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Unable to hardwire sadly, mum won't let me. I've tried plenty of times :(
    I'll look into power supplied ethernet though... might be worth a shout
  8. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    buy a long cable and just hookup at race time? or use a second router which connects to the wifi then cable to your ps4
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  11. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Yeah that was me but it's all good you didn't hold me up, I saw you positioning on the right to go into the pits so I went wide around you. but then all of a sudden you're behind me out of the last corner lol...
  12. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Beau_Albert and Bounty05 like this.
  13. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    My only full quali lap on the SS went well, there was still another half a second on the table but i figured it was best to keep my SS clean for the race. Had a pretty good start, kept my nose clean, narrowly missed someone drilling cars at t2 and then set my eyes on @seth123, however his tyres went off pretty fast so he pitted, i went till lap 9 i think and pitted for S. I ran these until lap 20 when the VSC came out, i asked my self:
    "Can i do 16 laps on SS?, Nah keep dreaming :):):):)face!"
    However i had no softs left so it was really my only option unless i wanted to pit for US toward the end.
    On the way into the pits i had to deal with @seth123 completely messing up the pit entry, which glitched my AI and made it slow down earlier and stay at that speed, so @seth123 got a huge gap on me under VSC.
    I then set my sights on @seth123 , who i passed on the run out of 3 and passed @Zharvs92 on the exit of the final turn on the same lap. I then challenged @N64TheStig007, tried to pass on the outside on the way into turn 3 however he double moved but on my screen there was lag which made his move look 100x worse than what it was, probably the highest heart-rate i have had in a while. I made a move a few laps later and managed to take the lead which gave me the opportunity to try to conserve tires while @N64TheStig007 and @seth123 yelled at each other with muted mics.
    I then had to look after my tyres, with everyone pitting again it gave me the opportunity to pit for US again, however i was instructed by my now human engineer (@Beau_Albert ) that i should stay out. I had to take so much care on these tires, and i think i was lucky to finish the race let alone in first.
    Right rear was on 69% across the line, with my massive lead of like 23s coming down to 2.4s.
    seth123 and JonoStan96 like this.
  14. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH

Went sour for me after the VSC, ruined wing when I hit the wall, game didn't replace it car drove like a dog, did like 5 laps in lean due to my thinking the track was generally easy to save fuel... boy was I wrong. Finally got to a lap where I could summon the super softs, and get my new wing but still had to preserve more fuel, at this stage I'm looking at this rope tied to the ceiling.

Although we can't confirm we yelled at each other because we were both muted :coffee:
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  15. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Just a friendly reminder that you are encouraged to create highlights videos in the style of myself, Beau, Seth and Hat have been doing, it adds more perspective to the event and definitely helps out in choosing a DOTD.
    Knuckles likes this.
  16. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Im planning too tomorrow if i get time. got my whole race recorded
  17. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

anyone really want to see my one lap???
  18. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    I thought I had double tapped, I was wrong. Got a nice screenshot of the grid though
    Beau_Albert and Zachery like this.
  19. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Lol i hate when that happens
  20. JonoStan96

PSN ID
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.