THE GAMESMEN CUP - GT6 Division 1 Season 9

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 15, 2016.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  2. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Damn just noticed SSR5 is during the Le Mans 24 hours. Guess I have to skip that race due to having not slept all weekend as I'll be still watching the race.
  3. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Did someone remember to tee up the grid girls?
  4. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Sorry, I had to be at a friends house at 10, not going to risk being late if I'm being taken out by overambitious moves by those on the slower tyre.
  5. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Mine was just a DC. Had not expected to be near the front by a LONG way. Sad to give up a strong result like that, but that's online racing. Next week I guess.
  6. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Pole: nicko
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    11th Jono - Lap 8 1:57.296
    12th randm - Lap 5 2:00.383
    13th Stigstc - Lap 3 1:56.735
    [​IMG]
  7. AUSnicko9

AUSnicko9 Professional

PSN ID
    aussie_nicko
    Solid way to start the season. Bring on round 2. :thumbsup: Great race all and well done Warrior & Bob.
  8. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Has the tire glitch been fixed? The replay looks like it shows everyone on the right compound.
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    yes I noticed that too so I would say it is!!
  10. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    I'm liking this new format, as I can now see my qualifying time in relation to others.

I believe grid girls have been abolished on ROOZ due to political correctness. :p
    Last edited: May 15, 2016
  11. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Well done Nicko, incredible pace from start to finish.

I can't remember the last time I was 1.8 seconds off pole position time, even in that god awful Pozzi I wasn't that far off the pace! I really miss the 908 badly.

Having had the time look at the questionable instances, I'm even more annoyed. Not just with the incidents but myself. However, if you're on the slower tyre, I cannot understand the logic of defending like crazy or going for 1 in a million moves that's only going to harm you later. That being said I thought I was far enough ahead of Crunch to make the move stick into Degner 1, but clearly not. When your nose is ahead it's difficult to back out, especially if you know you're much faster, and overtaking is so hard. I probably should have backed out of that one.

But then Hatfield divebombed from nowhere into the Spoon curve, a move which was never on and caught me out completely. As a result of that contact and the astro turf, I was in the sand and down in 2nd last. I was pretty disappointed there was no readdress, but there's no need to worry about it now as it doesn't matter. It was at least fun to scythe back through, and props to you Grassies for letting me through in the esses, I didn't think pulling a move off before Dunlop was feasible. However when I caught Hat back up again I made the fatal error of tailgating in bumper cam and forced myself off unsighted before Spoon. This dropped me all the way back to last and with the pit stops only a few laps away, making up positions would have been impossible. I just hope such a disaster doesn't happen again next week.
    Last edited: May 16, 2016
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Sorry again for the move into spoon. I thought I had gotten far enough up the inside under brakes. Also I was on the soft tyre...I'm just not as fast as you ;)
  13. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I was sure you were on the mediums but fair enough, I retract that statement. Onwards and upwards!
  14. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    I understand where Jono's coming from. I got alongside him on the inside of Dunlop, giving him the inside of the Degners. I figured there wasn't enough room for two of us at Degner 2, plus thought passing around the outside on the slower tire was impossible, so I backed out.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  15. grassies

grassies Rookie

PSN ID
    grassies
    G'day all I thought I would start on mediums and burn them up while the pack sorted itself out.
    My initial plan was to pit at the end of lap 7 and hope to get an undercut on some of the other medium starters then nurse my softs till the end but after seeing noone else pit in front of me I second guessed my strategy and pitted after 8 witch still made me the first.
    From then on I caught all RM starters while they were in the lane except Bryan who pitted lap 9 and only being caught and overtaken by WTF so although my best laps were a little slower than I had hoped I'm very happy with the result.
    N64 my plan all season is if I'm on RM and the person behind is on RS as soon as they make a genuine attempt to pass just let them threw then try to get some tow.
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  18. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Well that was a shocking round for me. My pace on RM was woeful, :poop: and mistakes on RS also didnt help! At least can only get better from here!

Well done podium and all the new guys, keeping things fairly clean from what I saw. I braked but still hit grassies square in the back I think? who was trying to avoid a sliding Hat.. fortunately no harm, as it was on a straight. Oh and 54 on full tank :notworthy::alien:

Was good having a fairly full room after 2 average participation seasons. Still not a fan of quitting though.. but I can understand. If your at the back, just think of it as a time trial and as you often see in motorsport, you never know what might happen before the end!
    AOCleaner74, B-Spec Bob and Crunch like this.
  19. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    I had the most fun I've had league racing for years.

In the efforts of keeping this short:
    I always intended to just go hard and see what happened. It's great to understand the status quo among a new field. There's so much room for me to improve this season now; when you qualify fourth, you shouldn't expect to end up back in 10th at one point, I believe.

I definitely need to watch that replay and find out who was on what tyres, because after I lost fourth place, I just kept tumbling, and it didn't make much sense unless everyone was on RS. But then I figured that that couldn't be the case. Everyone here is much too good for a second stint RS to mean much in essence. You might grab another 2 spots at most.

A great season ahead - absolutely. Hope attendance does remain high throughout. The mid-field is where the party is at.

@B-Spec Bob
    Words cannot describe how emotionally indebted to you I am for that HD stream last night. I'm not using hyperbole. Any semblance of my thanks can never be truly indicative of the magnitude of my appreciation. Where do you find the content IDs every round on Reddit?
    warrior2167 and B-Spec Bob like this.
  20. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    1. Go to www.reddit.com/r/formula1/
    2. On race weekends there is a 'Race Discussion' thread stickied at the top of the page. Similar threads also exist for free practice and qualifying.
    3. The first post in the thread by 'F1-Bot' is usually reserved for posting stream links. Look for the Ace Stream content IDs posted by user 'hennogarvie1' or his associates. He is the based God and saviour who is saving us from the tyranny of Bernie Murdoch. ALL HAIL BASED HENDO :notworthy:
    4. Choose the 3000kbps ID for typical straya internet. Turn back the 6000kbps IDs and tell those with un-Australian speeds to go back to where they came from.
    5. Spread the word, the more users there are (especially local users), the better the stream connectivity becomes (it works like torrents: more peers, more pr0n download speed).
    Crunch likes this.