THE GAMESMEN CUP - GT6 Division 1 Season 9

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 15, 2016.

1. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    Tyre Usage Recommendations:
    1. Enter pit lane with the tyre compound you wish to start the RACE on (e.g. RM, IM, W).
    2. Change to RS/IM/etc to perform your actual qualifying laps.
    3. Change back to the same race-start compound at the end of the qualifying session to avoid confusing yourself during the race.
    4. If you do not or forget to perform Step 3, your actual starting tyre compound will still be visible to other competitors in the replay.
  2. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Looks like this method will significantly reduce the number of flying laps you are able to complete in a qualifying session, unless you do a 180° at the end of pit lane...
  3. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    I would recommend doing the 180° at the end of pit lane.
    But my main concern is that you should not be able to:
    1. Enter pit lane on RS.
    2. Complete your qualifying time on RS/other.
    3. Then change the compound to RM/other before the race start.
    4. Claim that you started the race on RM/other and justify changing to RS tyres during the race.
    Doing so would mean you have used more than 1 set of RS (based on the findings of my experiment) which is against the regulations, regardless of what your own replay displays.
    IMO, it would be easier to just make everyone qualify/start on the harder compound. At the current race lengths, it makes little sense to do a no-stop or 2-stop race (with the exception of enduro) and starting on RS would always be the quickest strategy anyway. The replay files don't always pick up what tyre compound changes were made during a pit stop, but with everyone forced to start on the harder compound, there is the incentive to change to RS or remain on RM if trying to 1 stop the enduro.
    Last edited: May 3, 2016
    Easyprey007 and JonoStan96 like this.
  4. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    This is starting to become a real headache...:confused:
  5. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

So the only way to allow the choice of starting and qualifying compounds would be to get a screenshot showing which tyres everyone enters the pits on before qualifying.
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    RS will be the qualifying tyre.

If you want to start on RS, simply qualify as normal.

If you want to start on RM, enter track on RM, 180 at the end of pits and keep to pit wall, enter pits and change to RS.
    Once you finish your lap after 10mins, 180 at the end of pits and keep to pit wall, enter pits and change to RM.

Even if you don't change back to RM, only YOU will see your tyres as RS. Everyone else's replay will show RM
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  7. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    All this means to me is that I'll be starting the race on RS... o_O
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    same actually lol
    I would just like to keep the option there for those who want it
  9. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Can we just all exit the track after qualy to change tyres and line back up in order ? This way you can base your strategy after qualy and it will show the correct tyres you are on.
    Crunch and JonoStan96 like this.
  10. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Well done and thanks for putting the effort into working out the glitch and possible solutions
    B-Spec Bob likes this.
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    it is a possibility...and this would enable you to choose your race strategy based on where you qualify... would everyone prefer this?
  12. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    I'm not fussed, except for the fact I turn the driver list off, so I'm unaware of the qualifying positions. I also hope this doesn't require a second room reset, as that may affect room stability.
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    it would require a reset...probably best to stick with the prior option
  14. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    Thanks for being part of the test crew :)
  15. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    No it doesn't need a reset. Leaving the track (not just pitting) resets your grid position. Sure the splits around the track will not be reset, but who cares.
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ah right...it only needs a reset to wipe the times, but since we are lining up in the same order as the times, then it should be ok
    warrior2167 and Crunch like this.
  17. BMWF30328

BMWF30328 Rookie

I have called Bernie Ecclestone to sort out this qualifying tyre issue..everybody standby......
  18. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Elimination qualifying, anyone? :roflmao:
    skywalker, Crunch and StigsTC like this.
  19. Domma

Domma New Recruit

PSN ID
    Tanky1
    sory for missing the first few rounds got dates mixed up, work and now flying out overseas for my 2nd wedding this year so il miss the next two rounds, sadly miss most of season 9, sory guys, ill try to make an appearance in a couple weeks when I get back..

Cheers
  20. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

You haven't missed anything yet as round 1 is tomorrow. You'll still make 5 out of 7 rounds.