GT5 World tour series to fill gap after Season 11

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by emmo46, May 3, 2013.

1. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    I think I'm level 2 in spec-b with one driver lol. Would have to go through all the amateur events to get to an enduro race with enough Kms. Thanks for the offer though :)
  2. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Nah mate remote races will get their and your level up. I can sort of see though with GT6 looming on the horizon, it may be a bit pointless now even if it is useful.
  3. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I have added a lap to the Citroen race at LeMans 2005. On softs it laps at about 4:06. That should make the race a little under 21 mins.
  4. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thankx for the return of the Holden Bj, I wasn't needing or expecting to get it back as I still have about10 of them. Thanks anyway.
  5. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Wow the Citroen's a bit of a handful lol, and as long as you dont back off the lotus is a great little car. I'm getting some decent practice in, would like to try for a bit closer to the pointy end this time ;)
  6. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    S
    Will try to jump in tonight, have had zero practice and the cars are unrunned. But it's all good ;)
  7. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I'll keep an eye out for ya when I jump on
  8. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Hey Bj, it was a 58.918 and was the fastest lap of the race, well done
  9. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    thanks for the laps last night guys
  10. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Your welcome Col, it was good to have you around again.
  11. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Laguna Seca report
    This race had an unusual start because I initially qualified 6th but by the time the race started I was 4th on the grid behind Anon, Close and N64. Joe was disconnected after qualifying around 3rd to 5th somewhere and couldn't reconnect before the start. I delayed the start by 10 mins hoping he could get back in but it was not to be. Mustafer qualified on pole I think but elected to jump out and come back in to start last to make it interesting for him. Anon led off followed closely by Close, N64 and me in a tight group with Ad2 a few seconds back followed by Sparkles and Bj as Mustafur worked his way quickly passed them. The leading group stayed together with N64 slipping under Close to move into 2nd on lap2 . Anon ran wide at the end of the front straight on lap 3 and was passed by N64 and Close and I slipped under him at the next right hander. Close and Anon pitted on lap 4 to get the undercut and N64 and I continued until the end of lap 5, by then Mustafur was right on my tail from the back of the grid. I emerged from the pits behind N64 but still ahead of Anon and and Close who had somehow dropped behind Anon in the pits. Bj ran a long first stint and slipped in front of N64. I was able to close on N64 a little as he battled Bj until Bj pitted end of lap 6. Mustafur had a long first stint and came out second between me and N64 with Anon closing on me with Close and Ad2 a little way behind. Close initially closed on me but then fell back towards the end. It was entertaining to sit a couple of car lengths behind N64 , Mus and Anon as they fought for the lead. I couldn't quite hold on to the leaders and drifted back a few seconds to come home fourth behind Mustafur who had passed N64 on the last with Anon in third. Close followed home in 5th from Ad2, BJ and Sparkles, The Div 4 runners Sparkles and Bj swapped places several times during the race. Zampli was a non starter for this race but got in to start in race 2.
    bjh1012 likes this.
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Daytona Road report
    This race had a similar flavour to Suzuka (race 2) last week. I started the race 6th on the reverse grid and quickly got up to 3rd by passing Close at the first turn and then Ad2 at the next tight right hander, Bj had spu at turn 1. Through the rest of the infield track to I followed Sparkles and Zamps (he had pole because he hadn't started race 1) back onto the oval. Sparkles lost the lead when he ran wide entering the oval and I started to draft Zamps around the banking, He moved aside to let me take the lead before the back staight. N64 and Anon had touched through the fast left hand kink in the road section and went spinning off the track on either side. I led but had Zamps and Mustafur chasing me hard in similar bumble bee coloured cars and I tell you I was tense having them coming at me. At the start of lap 3 Mustafer went to the inside as we crossed the start line and Zamps went to the outside. Poor Zamps ran out of road on the outside and dropped back to 5th, I managed to slither back under Mus in turn 1 to lead him around to the back straight where he finally got ahead of me. I slipstreamed back past Mus on the front straight and he went into the pits. I misjudged the first turn on that lap and this allowed Anon to catch me and he was pressing me in my draft as we approached the chicane where I went in too fast and lost it. By the time I recovered I was just behind Close and Sparkles and we all headed straight into the pits. I'm not sure how but sparkles lost his place to me in the pits and I came out behind Close to follow him around for the rest of lap 6 with us getting through the chicane side by side somehow. Across the finish line to start lap 7 I managed to get inside Close to lead him from there to the chicane with n64 Sparkles and Ad2 very close behind us. On the back stretch Close drafted up behind me and I forced him to take the outside line into the Chicane, I foolishly tried to hold my ground on the inside but Close braked later and was ahead as we turned in, I couldn't avoid tapping him on the left rear corner and he went careening towards the fence on the right. I hoped against hope he could recover it but it was impossible and he had a big lose. I pulled over to wait as the world went by us. He got going again and I started to increase speed as he came up behind me so I could pull in behind when he passed. I waited for him to appear ahead but he didn't . After a few seconds of looking around I realised he had left the track. I then gathered it up and pressed on now in 7th with the fiercely battling trio of Sparkles, Ad2 and N64 ahead of me on the track. I gained on them but the race was too short and I came home about 5 seconds behind them. I really enjoyed my time at the front for the first few laps but wow was I tense.
    bjh1012 likes this.
  13. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Indy Oval report
    Race three at Indy was a hoot. I started about 4th and worked my way through a fierce storm of competitors running up to four abreast to be in the lead running towards the start line at the end of lap three. I was running down the left side as Mustafer stuck to my bumper.To break the draft I moved to the right and as he followed me across he must have misjudged it as he pushed the rear of my car to the right sending me head first into the pit wall. N64 was sent crashing into the outside wall and Close hit my sideways car as he came through. Anon, Sparkles and Zamps were lucky to get a clear run through the mess and Anon and Zamps went on to an unchallenged 1 2 in what was a very close finish. Mustafur waited for me and we rejoined as Close parked his wounded car on the inside of turn two to wait out the race. We were about 15 seconds behind the leader at that stage as Mustafur got around me to lead to the pit stops as we worked our way back past Bj.
    Mustafur and I pitted on lap 10 with me slamming into the back of him at the pit entrance (sorry about that). We rejoined with Mus chasing Ad2 and me closing on N64. Mustafur got Ad2 and I closed on N64 as we both caught up with Ad2, I passed them both a few times but they just wouldn't let me get away as Mus got out to about a 4 seconds ahead in 3rd place. I eventually held N64 and Ad2 at bay as we rounded turn 3 and 4 on the run to the finish line but Ad2 brushed the wall between the turns and spun off into the infield. He had a heap of strife trying to rejoin and lost 20 seconds which allowed Bj to pass him on the run to the flag. N64 gave me a couple of nudges in the door as we raced to the finish line but I had the horse power and held him off for 4th. N64 was 5th, Bj 6th, Ad2 7th, Sparkles 8th and Close was last 17laps behind. (at least he didn't run out of fuel this time). Bj set the fifth fastest lap time for this race which is impressive.
    I hope next weeks races are as exciting but less incident filled and I will be trying to get that illusive outright podium, Four 4th places out of six starts must mean that I'll crack the podium soon.
    bjh1012 likes this.
  14. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Couple of races you could of made the podium but something happened around the time you pitted or right after. don't overstretch your self and keep in mind cold tyres don't perform that well until you done a lap.

N64 is another driver who needs to settle down, he has the pace to win a few races but I feel like he is trying too hard and hes making loads of mistakes because of it.

its always faster to make no mistakes in return for being a bit more cautious compared to trying to be as fast as you can and push yourself into a mistake, best idea is to always keep in mind of your braking markers(The gear suggester is very helpful) and don't rely on the car ahead for a braking marker.
  15. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks, all good tips and I was already aware of them, putting it into practice is the hard part:confused:
  16. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Just a reminder for Sunday (28th)

UK - London - Lotus Elise 111R '04 - 20 laps - Sports Soft ( no pit stop)
    France - Le Mans 2005 - GT by Citroen 5 laps - Sports Soft
    Spain - Madrid - SEAT Cupra - 11 laps - Sports soft
  17. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Hey guy's...hopefully no locked up ps3 this week!
    What GT do we use? Never driven these cars and the dealership has 3 types..
  18. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Hi Joe, The Citroen GT is the basic one, $2m worth. The $5.6m race car version is in the S12 vote.
  19. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Yeah not the prototype or the race one
  20. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Yeah, someone could make the silly mistake of confusing them.... ;)