Division 1 Season 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 4, 2014.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Done
  2. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
  3. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Another race i leave with what could have been.....Qually was extremely tough as Anon laid the pole lap down very early and in my usual fashion, pipped pole on my final lap by 0.022, honestly felt really bad, got to stop doing that.

The first stint of the race was an amazing wrestle for the lead between Anon and I with the gap within 1sec all the way to the first pitstop. As Anon pitted on lap 13, i gambled it all to make that extra lap. Fortunately made it on fuel, unfortunately staring at the fuel gauge while going through the bus stop resulted in a crash. Pushed as hard as I could to reduce the 11sec deficit out of the pits to crash again at turn 1 near the finish. Battled with rotor at the end and escaped luckily with 3rd over the line.

A massive congratulations to Anon, amazing pace and the most consistent, a well deserved and fitting win as I am sure Bruce was watching as you crossed the line, couldn't have asked for a better winner :) Warrior always consistent, well done :)
    Great effort to Rotor as well, I really don't know what happened between us on the 2nd last lap but i don't think that will be the last time we will be battling so congrats on a solid 1st race here at ROOZ :)
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
    stucar17, JonoStan96, Anon666 and 2 others like this.
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  5. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Wow, the table is hotting up in here. Warrior is now human, and Anon, well done mate, couple of wins and going to Tokyo next. Good luck.
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  6. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Yer tokyo hate that track. Then spa.... if I haven't seen enough of that joint the past 2 weeks
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  7. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    The way I see it, that last race at Spa is going to be a cracker in div1 :p
  8. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    A bit late but still congrats Anon on a well deserved win and for taking the pole position as well.

I came in to this race without driving the car for the last 2 weeks and as i was so dialed in the GTR, it just felt so foreign. I managed only a couple of practice laps before quali so I knew I was a bit off the pace. My speed kept improving during the session and I eventually put it in 3rd place.

The race started well and I had a great little battle with Rotor for the first couple of laps, but that did cost us some time as we fell back 5 seconds off the lead. After I broke away from rotor I was able to hold pace with the Anon and Mint and the gap remained around 5 seconds. Fuel was so marginal and I was not saving an during the 1st stint, thus I wasn't going to make a 14th lap.

In the 2nd stint I needed to save some fuel and try to catch Anon. A delicate balance, but It was working and I was slowly closing the gap, but It just wasn't enough in the end, finishing 0.6 behind at the end and having only fumes in the tank.
    Anon666, MINT_GTR and R0T0R-AU86 like this.
  9. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Now moving onto Tokyo and push the aero of the McLaren!!!

Pushing the limits of #12 :D
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

10. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Due to school assignments being forced onto me left right and centre, a lack of practice was always going to harm me on this rather odd circuit. I didn't mind it so much in the TVR but I never got to race that night.

Immediately I discovered I was miles off the pace, my qualifying time was over 4 seconds down.

My only highlight of the race was at the start, getting ahead of fastboy and Cyber, but after getting lapped very quickly and being over 3.5 seconds a lap slower than the field, I thought it would be more fun to retire and see if warrior could catch Anon and win. Surely Anon is the favourite to take the title now, you're driving superbly.

I'm not a fan of having to conserve tyres and fuel, mainly because l'm rubbish at it, and since I'm not going to be able to get any practice in for the remaining 2 rounds due to assignments, sadly it seems Motegi and Monza will be my peak. I didn't do a very good job of honouring Bruce by giving up, something
    I'm not particularly proud of, I know Bruce would have gotten out and pushed the car over the line if the game gave him the option to! That being said, I will stick with the black and white livery for the remainder of the season, and hopefully put in two drives worthy of his honour.

Cheers, Jono
    Ad2mny likes this.
  11. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok guys,

I have 2 new guys who have thrown in some pretty good Qual times and based on that are suitable for a place on the Div 1 grid for the final 2 rounds. Also the fact that the grid has been smaller than expected, and div 2 should be near full tomorrow night has made the call a little easier.

Who is the host for tomorrow night ? Will Mustafur be there, or has Cyber been hosting ?

If you can add Mister_bond_747 and whiteracer52 to your friend lists that will be good. (i havent heard from whiteracer for a few days after messaging him so not sure what will happen there)

CHeers
    stu
  12. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    Mustafur has been hosting but I did host last week because mustafur had to work, I'm not sure if he is racing tonight do I will add them incase he isn't racing :)
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Thanks cyber, musta told me last night he won't be racing tonight.

Mr bond should be right to go, mint has done a little racing with him and said is a good thing !!

White racer has contacted me and won't be racing tonight (shift work) and we will confirm division next week. Is closer to div 2 / 3 pace.

Cheers stu
  14. Mister_Bond_747

Mister_Bond_747 Rookie

PSN ID
    TURN_LEFT_RACING Mister_Bond_747
    Hi guys, not sure if I can make the race tonight sorry. I might be able to watch toward the end. My number is #74 unless someone else has it and colours are Starmist Crimson (body) & GT6 Polarized 024 (Wheels) City of Arts and Sciences - Night.jpg
    stucar17, warrior2167 and JonoStan96 like this.
  15. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Cyber, can you also add Baz_1414. He has been on the last few nights and is keen to have a run. I've asked him to get on here and sign up etc, but... More numbers the better.
    Cyber_STIG_77 and stucar17 like this.
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Also, the pits are open during the ten minute qual session.
  17. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Hey guys, unfortunately I've decided to pull out of tonight's race. I've got far too much schoolwork to do, and plus, the now atrocious handling of the car, on top of the high tyre wear has really sapped my motivation. But don't worry, I'll be back for Spa.
  18. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    You... Big...Girl's...Blouse, talk about letting your team down, it just isn't about you any more!
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  19. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Gee, I didn't think that trying to put my education before online racing for just this one night would be a bad thing but I guess not.
  20. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

I'm on your side Jono as i've made the exact same call tonight :D