Division 1 Season 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 4, 2014.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I remember Monaco '03 they were trying to get Montoya disqualified because he had his watch on in parc fermè lol
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    lol I remember on ROOZ in Season 2 on GT6, this guy N64 tries to cheat and runs a different tire but ended up coming last anyway lol :p
  3. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Spa is being over used I think. Well I have had enough of it anyway
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  4. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    We need more tracks that don't have grass or sand.:rolleyes:
  5. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    image.jpg
  6. zampli

zampli Team Driver

I assumed you were joking smithy lol, about the watches question
  7. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Well done @warrior2167 , on the championship. Now we have a score to settle @ Daytona! That's right I'm calling you out!

[​IMG]

Well if you are feeling a little lost with no league race this coming Sunday never fear Clevo is here.

I am organising if you didn't already know the "Turtle Beach 400" it is 160 laps of pure adrenaline, and you thought the enduro last night was a test!

We are now running three rooms and have approx 15 spots left, team up with a buddy and have a blast, and maybe win a prize while you are at it!

Did you say prize? Why yes I did, our good friends at Turtle Beach have put up for grabs a PX21 headset valued at $119.95 rrp and I may have something else up my sleeves, but only if I get some more drivers ;)

So what are you waiting for and head over here: http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/event-6-07-turtle-beach-400.1065/ and get your name down if you haven't already.

[​IMG]
  8. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
  9. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    You have too much spare time Clevo. You have made my day though!!
    Clevohead likes this.
  10. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Well done Mint and congrats on your 1st official race win.

Not 100% happy with my race, as I had a couple of spins, but can't complain with the 2nd place result. My race started well and got quickly into a rhythm behind mint. Coming up to my first stop on lap 10, I began to close right up on mint and we enter the pits bumper to bumper. Since I lost a bit of time being that close to Mint and coming out 5 odd seconds behind Anon and Zampli, I decided to switch to a 4 stopper.

My 2nd stop was on lap 18 and I put on the required medium tyres, the stint was going well untill I dropped it and fell behind anon, zampli and optimus. Only a short on the meds was required and I was back in on lap 25 and bolted the softs once again. My pace was good and I set my fastest lap in the 4th stint but blew it again when I spun in the same spot.

My final stop was on lap 18 and I came out 12 seconds behind mint and anon. Coming to the closing stages I could see them in the distance and I thought Anon was in the best spot having 1 lap fresher tyres than Mint, my only hope of winning was if they held each other up, but that was dashed when I saw a wall of smoke at the final corner and see Anon to the side. That left me in 2nd with 2 laps to go, Mint tyres were going but he had a big enough gap and took a well deserved win, 1.5 ahead of myself.

So as we conclude another successful championship, thank you once again to all the rooz staff who put this show together.
    MINT_GTR and Peter Wise like this.
  11. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Is there any word yet on the results?
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I am waiting on confirmation of whether you are DSQ from last round.
    upload_2014-7-1_14-39-8.png
    The above has all possible points awarded.
    Fastest lap for N64 but if he is DSQ then it goes to optimus.
    10th place 1 point for Fastboy if N64 is DSQ
    Edit: fastboy loses the point regardless due to it being his drop round
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  13. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    What a race!!! The final round had it all.......different strategies......anxiety attacks (from me)......I will start from the top

Although not being the most crucial qualifying session for the season, starting from pole was exactly to plan. As the lights went out, I was happy to have consolidated my position and started focusing on a solid first stint. As lap 10 approached and my first pitstop was in sight, I was well aware that warrior would be breathing down my neck so just kept my eyes out of the mirror and pitted in the lead to start my 2nd stint with mediums.

Coming out and slotting behind Anon and Zampli due to there earlier pit stops, gave me a moment to decide whether my 3 stop strategy would work but I soldiered on in confidence that my pace on worn tyres would prevail. I fell into a really good rhythm on mediums and with pit stops occurring from the top 3 on 4 stop strategies, I regained the lead to pit in on lap 21 with 2 solid soft stints to go.

My third is stint is where I can say it put me in the winning position. I held off the urge to take the fastest lap honours and sacrifice tyre life and went for fast consistency. I set myself a lap number each lap and matched it every time which actually scared me because I was waiting for this perfect run to slip.

So as I ran out on my final stint with 10 laps to go and Anon and Warrior pitted for their final set shortly after, the stage was set for a climax finish. I pushed as hard as I could without sacrificing tyres but with each lap my gap to Anon was getting smaller and smaller. My first panic attacked arrived 3 laps out when the inevitable happened, Anon had caught me and was in sight of the lead when I see, crossing over with 2 laps left, he spins coming out of the bus stop. Relief was short lived though as I had warrior on the charge. The final lap was by far the most cautious and scariest lap I have ever done but to come out on top and cross over first has become my most memorable victory here at ROOZ.

A massive congratulations to Warrior for taking out the championship :D and Anon for driving the wheels of the Macca at the end of the season to finish 3rd :D
    A big shout out to the mods for all there hard work throughout the season, even with the curve ball that PD threw at us mid season, filled with both good and bad, you guys still made it run so smooth and is the reason why this is the best racing community in Australia :)
    With a quick overlook of my first season here at ROOZ, it has been a season of strengths and weaknesses that have come out but to finish 2nd overall, I have out performed my expectations by far. Against such a talented but awesome bunch of aliens, it has been awesome racing and I am confident the next car will be easier than this beast so I only expect next season to be even more intense.
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
  14. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Will get to this tonight guys.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  15. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok guys,

Due to a breach of the rules regarding the starting tire, and running mixed compounds, N64 is excluded from the results of the final round and his fastest lap wont stand.

N64 has accepted the ruling and we will move on to season 3.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield