Division 1 Season 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 4, 2014.

1. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Hopefuly we get at least 8 tonight then.
    I haven't driven the car since the update tweaked the physics, so I better get right on it.
  2. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

I did 4 laps went f this and left
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  3. warrior2167

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    That bad is it
  4. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    After about 10 laps, it's not too bad, just takes that bit of time to get used to it. Everyone's driving the same pig, so buckle up and make the most of it.
  5. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Yeah sorry guys, I've got back from work for most of the day and have three fairly difficult exams in the next three days so I won't be attending.
    I really am sorry about attendance, sometimes it has been connection related (ie last week) but I'm sure as you know, you got to prioritize.
    I didn't even know the teams thing was for this season? Thought it was only beginning next?
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  6. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Got to say, glad that's over. I saw Cyber in the pit with mechanical problems and nearly joined him. The new car settings are tolerable, but what the new update has done to the T500... man it's horrid. Was going OK after the first stint, then got to the pit and pressed the OK button!! No, 60L!! The extra time cost me a place and then driving a second stint with full fuel was too much. I pulled myself together and had a run at Rotor in the 3rd stint, but by lap 26 my tyres were cooked. WD Warrior, back in the winners circle. Mint, pace to burn as always, and Rotor gets on the bottom step in his first second ROOZ race - good job.

Emmo, Warrior got pole and FL. Put Baz in 9th (1:40.217) and Whiteracer in 10th (did not set time). Both has connection issues.
    [​IMG]
    emmo46 likes this.
  7. Benjamin J Smith

It was rotors 2nd race and im sure my fastest lap was like a 29.5
  8. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Amended. Ok will double check the lap times. Did you set it on the last lap?
  9. Benjamin J Smith

I think so
  10. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Sorry Emmo, Fastboys FL was - 1:29.347.
    emmo46 likes this.
  11. Benjamin J Smith

:):):):) that good!
  12. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    Sorry for parking in the pit and then going Mia, I had a molar pulled out today ( yeah on a Sunday ) and the anaesthetic was weearing off fast :(
    @ anon, I played around with the ffb setting after reading a bit more on GTP and found that anything over 3 made it feel very strange and made the dead spot more noticeable. It was definatly better on 1-2. My take on it is that the FFB effects are stronger/more noticeable but the wheel weight is lighter. By lowering the FFB it takes away the slap when the wheel returns to centre. I personally prefer more wheel weight but with the FFB turned up over 5 it seems to dull out the important feed back. Once you get use to the light feel it seems to give a lot more of a finess feel.
  13. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    What an amazing, pressure packed race between myself and Warrior, thank you :)

I wasn't able to nail a lap in qualifying but was still pleased to start 2nd. The start was solid and fell straight inline with warrior, I gathered the lead after lap 3 and was able to hold till the first round of pitstops. Warrior's pressure was relentless in the 2nd stint and by lap 14 he regathered the lead with a blistering lap of 1.28.7 in the process!! I was happy to stay in 2nd and bite my time till the final pitstops arrived. Warrior pitted a lap earlier and without repeating last round efforts, I managed an extra lap this time. After all pitstops were said and done, I had the slight advantage of better tyres and the gap remained at 1.5sec so it was GO time for me. I pushed hard to get the lead under a second by lap 25 and also beat my PB in the process. Much like the season has been for me though, i blinked first and spun at the 1st corner on lap 25 and gave up all chances of a well deserved fight to the finish, crossing over in 2nd.

Congrats to warrior, a well deserved win :D Your consistency is something I will strive to emulate one day but for now will sit back in awe. Congrats to rotor, for your 1st podium in the GT league as well, solid performance :)

I have pretty much ticked all boxes for this season except 1 which is a round win. So going into the final enduro, I will be giving absolutely everything to finish the season on a high :)
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  14. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Thanks Aanon, and MINT... Yeah was my 2nd race...

Wasn't too bad, was a pretty boring race for me to be honest... Not much going on, However I could see in the distance Aanon was struggling with tyre wear so I had tried maintain my tyre wear, with that I was able to pull in Aanon towards the end of the first stint. Aanon pitted on lap 9 I knew I had a chance to undercut him and that I would also have a lap fresher tyres... Fueling low with about 32litres was spot on for the second stint, and was just trying to keep a mid 29 laps, towards the end of that stint I had increased the gap however needed to put 55 liters of fuel in to finish the race which allowed Aanon to catch back up. I knew Aanon was pushing hard to try and catch back up, but I also knew it was killing his tyres... I held on for comfortable 3rd place finish :)

Still have some work to do to get up to speed with MINT, Warrior and the rest of the lads in front... I am pretty sure my BL was 29.3? but doesn't matter :)

Again Congrats Warrior on the win, and nice run MINT - Just come back and win Spa :)

REALLY looking forward to the last round, I think it will shape up to be an absolute cracker! With all of us putting in so much time for the GT Acadmey it will be a close race I think. The McLaren does handle very different to that of the GTR, who that can keep the consistency will be the clear winner :)
    stucar17 and MINT_GTR like this.
  15. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Was actually referring to you sooking about the car, tyres, and and the whole "slap to my motivation" thing. Nothing to do with school. If you just said "I have school work" I wouldn't of said jack.
  16. warrior2167

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Thanks fellas, that result was definitely hard earned by trying to hold of Mint in the final stint, fantastic race mate. And well done aswell to ROTOR for you 1st podium result, the 1st of many I'm sure.

Starting from my 1st pole of the season I was able to hold the advantage out of the first turn. In the opening laps I tried to save the tyres as best I could, but with the higher wear it just wasn't making a big so difference, so after Mint got by, it was full sped the rest of the way. I stayed roughly a second behind Mint for the 1st stint and was planning to jump him in the pits by fueling the car less, but it didn't work as Mint went back out ahead.

The 2nd stint was going much like the first until Mint caught up thestig, who was trying a 1 stopper. He was held up a bit and at the same time I set my fastest lap of the race to find myself right on the bumper on the exit of the last corner which let me draft by into turn 1. I tried to pull a gap but I was making some small errors as Mint was pilling on the pressure. To make sure Mint couldn't undercut me in the stops, I pitted on lap 19.

The 3rd was the toughest of all as Mint was closing me down on his fresher rubber. Maybe that extra pressure helped me because I was driving the best I had all race. I was in such a zone that I didn't notice that Mint had spun until the next lap timing split, when 7 second showed up. I breathed a sigh of relief and brought the car home.
  17. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Will have to try it because it's rubbish like it is. I assume you mean the in-game FFB?
  18. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    Yeah in game FFB, updating to the latest firmware v41 apparently has no effect either. I would try it on 1 first and 10+ laps so you get a feel for the lightness in wheel weight. You may still think it is rubbish but IMO it is an improvement but I would still prefer a heavier feel
  19. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Tried it for a few laps and still don't like it. Making it so low just reduces the feel of the rubber band resistance. I'll have a play during the week, but they have just about ruined it.
  20. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    OK guys. Regs for the enduro this sunday.

LAPS WILL BE 41 (accounting for a few extra pit stops)
    WEAR : FAST
    QUAL: Must use RACE SOFT
    RACE: 1st stint MUST be race soft, then you must do AT LEAST 1 stint on the RACE MEDIUM during the race.

This means you can run the medium all the way to the end IF YOU WANT, or you might opt to run 3 stints on the soft tire and just 1 on the medium. ITS UP TO YOU so long as you run both compounds at some stage.

After testing, its clear that you can get between 7 - 10 laps from the soft tire, where as on the mediums you will run out of fuel before the tires die. (11 laps from a tank i reckon). Using the fast wear setting definitely brings more strategy into it, which is why we have decided to go this way.

IF you are a tire eater i would suggest using the Medium from after the first pit stop till the end of the race. This way you should be able to get through on 3 stops, if you use the soft tire more than once you "might" have to stop 4 times, but it would be a close thing given the 2-3 second lap time difference.

Any questions fire them at us.

Thanks for your support this season guys. Has definitely been a challenge with PD throwing changes at us, reasonable numbers, the loss of a good mate, a beast of a car and a tough track list. The mod team have done a great job keeping the ball rolling behind the scenes so thanks to them as well.

The next season should be a walk in the park, get your entries in !

Cheers
    MOD TEAM