Division 1 Season 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 4, 2014.

1. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    @Hatfield I've found a discrepancy with you table, you gave FL to fastboysmith instead of me, sorry Smithy.
    carn_the_pies likes this.
  2. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

I was hoping you wouldn't notice
    carn_the_pies likes this.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    upload_2014-6-26_10-4-2.png
    fixed
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Good luck tonight guys,

Just a quick one, Be aware that if you go into the pits too fast with the accelerator flat to the floor you may not get the option screen to change tires. There is a line across the road that you will need to coast across and the option box will be shown. Make sure you test it out in practice so you understand how to attack it.

Remember, Race soft tire in qual and first stint, you must run at least 1 stint on the medium tire after that.

Cheers Stu
  5. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Another good season. Great way to finish it off, well almost. It was nearly an awesome finish to the season, but I ran out of talent on worn tyres at the end. What could have been??!! Well done to Warrior, another championship. Well done to Mint, first Div 1 win I believe, and consistency should see you second overall. I must say, that was one of the toughest seasons I've been in and surprisingly close.
    Mint nabbed pole Emmo, and N64 decided to not race, but ran low fuel hot laps to grab FL.
    Fastboy dropped out, so he gets last place and FL was 2:06.352.
    [​IMG]
    warrior2167 and MINT_GTR like this.
  6. Benjamin J Smith

My fastest lap was somewhere in the 05's might have been 2.05.4? Unsure but definitely in the 5's
  7. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Arrgh, you again!!! Leave it with me Smithy.
    SuiCid3 and emmo46 like this.
  8. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks Anon
  9. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Please disqualify me from the results, my lack of activity on the forums lately and ignorance has made me cheat, I started the race on Mediums in the hope of gaining an advantage, but it didn't matter anyway. Sorry Stu.
    My glitchy pedals in the first half were karma! Going to have a look and clean them tomorrow.

Well done MINT on the victory, and Warrior for taking a 7th(?) season in a row? It's a truly insane run! It looked like a really awesome strategic battle, I can't wait to crack into the report tomorrow.

It's been an extremely tough season for all of us, however I'm really looking forward to next season with a much more controllable car!

Cheers, Jono.
  10. Benjamin J Smith

wow what a race. Was having a solid run in my first stint keeping pace with the leaders until a spin in front of optimus.
    Got my self back together got these tyres up to lap 8 after destroying them in the spin, pitted put on the Meds for 2 stints to get myself to lap 28 where the aim from there was 2 stints on softs to the was going good until a family member decided to use a faulty clothes iron (which is known to be rooted ) and through out the RCD in the board (thanks mum!). was on for what could have been a 5th or 6th. Oh well bring on next season with a car with its engine in the right spot.
  11. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Congrats to @MINT_GTR for his first win of the season, and to @warrior2167 for the Championship!

Way to end the season MINT on a high! Just need to keep that going into next season, which I am really looking forward to! I just wish I joined at the start of the season...

What a terrible terrible race for me...
    Had a bad start and dropped two places into the first corner... Going into Eau Rouge I was pushed out wide and got a 3 second penalty, however somehow didn't loose any more spots... I was sitting behind Fastboy and Optimus with about a 2.5 second gap... After everything settled down, I started to get into rhythm... By lap 4 I started pulled in Fastboy and Optimus then they started having a good little scrap, I ended up getting past both of them in the first corner like they did to me! :p By this time the Mint, Warrior and Aanon had about a 8-10sec lead... I stayed in my rhythm, and was starting to pull them in towards the end of the first stint to about 5-6 seconds... Here is where it went Bad. Pitted on lap 10 sitting in 3rd place, however only to realize when I went to select Medium's I had NONE! I had them on my Prac McLaren, but not my race one... I should be DSQ because I didn't have medium's, only hard's.... Anyways I thought I would just go on and do a stint, sitting on 2:10's I started to get frustrated... After about 4 laps on these, I thought I would pit again for Soft's.. and it went even more bad... That stupid pit entry... you would think as soon you it crossed the line that it take care of itself, but no... I accepted Hard's again and full fuel... grrrr Now sitting in 10th... Leaving the pits with super frustration going up through Eau Rouge I clipped the in-side of the kerbing and the car got light, slid and did about 20 thousand spins (would look pretty cool on reply)... By this time I wanted to rage quit, however wanted points and knew I could at least try and claw my way back... So pitted once more for soft's and started putting in some good lap times... Kept up consistency and ended up finishing 5th...

I am really looking forward to next season with you lads :)
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Does N64s fastest lap still stand if he is disqualified?
  13. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Is it disqualify, or surrender? He made the call, not the captain (yet)
    emmo46 likes this.
  14. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    It is being discussed out the back Emmo, will make a decision within 24 hours. Sorry that this will be holding things up, we will be able to put this season to bed at some stage...
    JonoStan96 and emmo46 like this.
  15. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I'll leave the div 1 chart until this gets sorted.
  16. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Edit: Looks like the positions around N64 are close so I will wait for the official call

If N64 loses his 2 points from this round, he misses out on being a team captain for S3!!
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
  17. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    image.jpg
    emmo46 likes this.
  18. Benjamin J Smith

Jono if you didn't say nothing. And do F1 drivers always wear watches in there cars? You would think with all those displays on the steering wheel it would atleast have a clock. My falcon has 2
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  19. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Nah they put them on, in the small breif area before going on the podium.
  20. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    lol
    Well hey, I stuffed up, it wasn't until last night when I saw Stu's post I realised, or if I did I completely forgot. I recall the final race of S12 (also at Spa) where natman did something similar (started on sports softs where everyone was supposed to be on wets/inters) and he kept his 6th place.