Division 3 season 8

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jun 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Looking at the current ladder, the podium belongs to Stumbles, Disturboed and Gary.
    Code:
                  Min Max
    Stumbles01    121 149
    disturboed    129 139
    garyw61        93 109

Disturboed needs a win to improve his points. If disturboed wins race, Stumbles needs 2nd and pole/fastest lap. If disturboed doesn't win and no pole/fastest lap, Stumbles just needs 5th.

Gary is confirmed at 3rd. 4th is a 3-way. The final race is going to be very interesting.
  2. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Woohoo. Awesome race last night, everything just went right for me.... After the game locked up as I went to join the track for qualifying... Doh!!! So... After quickly resetting the console and joining the lobby again, I think the guys were about to start, but they cleared the track so I could do my flyer. Was a bit untidy in a couple of corners, but managed to pull 4 tenths in the last sector to grab pole. Sorry dan :)

As turbo stated, I pulled a Whincup start, jumped it by a fraction of a second but that was enough for my revs to drop and entered turn 1 in 3rd spot :(

Anyway, had to gather my shizzle and get a boogie on, followed Dan for a couple of laps, managed to pass him heading up the hill after I got better drive out of 1 and Dan giving me the inside line into the double apex lefty at the top. Only for me to screw it up heading into the tunnel and gassing it too early... Which let Dan back through and brought Gary back onto my a$$.

Settled down, caught Dan a couple laps later and pulled the same pass up the hill again... Was like dejavu. Bit by bit, I pulled a gap and got closer to Turbo. Lap 7, and Turbo kissed (well, actually, downright smashed into) the entry armco into the chicane so I was right up his tail-pipe. Dejavu again, I passed Turbo going up the hill after a better exit from turn 1.

From then on, it was just a matter of concentrating and keeping it out of the wall/fences. First pit at end of lap 15 with Turbo about 6 seconds behind. Dan took over at the front on a 1-stopper and I crossed the line 5 seconds behind as I left the pit. I caught him, and (just for something different)... Passed him going up the hill due to better grip on my new tyres :). I did take him on the outside this time... hehehe.

Second pit end of lap 30, about 17 seconds ahead of Turbo.. I had a bit of a lazy pit-crew.... As I stopped, they were only just running out of the garage, and the fronts went on after the backs, the jack-man dropping the car before the front guys finished tightening the nuts..... Gunna have to cut their pay this week... and no marshmallows :p

Lap 33 - I did a 1:46.0. Lap 34, I dropped it a second to do my PB of 1:45.046. It only needs to be smooth to be quick around here, flat-out speed will screw you up every time.

I noticed in the replay, most people going down to first around the tight hairpins and the final turn... I never dropped back to first in any corner around here.

Off to Japan next week, the final round... Looking forward to it.

Cheers.
  3. zampli

zampli Team Driver

^^agree stumbles, you do need to be smooth but some corners you do need to throw it quickly around to drop the times lower. Only time i went into first was at lowes hairpin (think names changed now) but shifted up to second pretty quickly. Good championship going in div3, good luck in div2 as its looking likely:)
  4. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

First & foremost, congrats to the top 3 :)

So far my best reslut in a rooz series impending. Slowly getting better :D I just need to convince Miki not to turn up for the final round and evil/homebrew let me beat them if they show up for an even better spot :p
  5. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Can't promise that I will be there tonight as I am pretty sore after a big night last night for my 30th and early morning with kids wanting to give me pressies for father's day. So I am feeling very dusty at the moment :p

If I am there I am, and if not don't wait for me.
  6. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

Done. Not racing tonight. Good luck all. Turbo or Stumbles especially, I wish you both the best Internet connections tonight.
  7. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Just a general message, with it being the last round i am looking to see how many show in div 2 and will make a decision to postpone till next week. It wont hurt to put it off a week if we only have a handfull.......

Entirely up to you guys, but with fathers day there are a few missing .......

Stu
  8. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    No worries Stu. If only 6 or so turn up, I'm happy to postpone for a week.
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Just get a consensus and maybe message me to let me know, if you do postpone we might run a combined room or something ????

See what happens.
  10. jas002

jas002 New Recruit

hey guys

Can not make it tonight good luck to all.

Jas
  11. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Yeah, I've had a few shandies without lemonade today with the old man, so I don't mind if it waits a week. Will still be there though.
  12. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Alas, my fridge is bare, so hardest stuff I've had all day is water...lol
  13. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Could do a combined fun room tonight if too many away... would rather have all the Div contestants in for the final race of the season.
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    natman just messaged and said he cant make next week and has made an effort to be there tonight.......if all the top div 2 runners are there we will run.......

no drama for you guys to postpone though.......
  15. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    I'm fine either way, but I think we should go ahead with the final race, and then have a short break to the next season.
  16. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Excuse my french, but F*CK me! Worst possible thing that could happen, happened.

I needed to basically take the 3 point scoring opportunities to ensure i could beat Stumbles for the championship.

Pole, fastest lap, and the win. Quali started out rather weirdly and I couldn't get the car hooked up at all, then eventually she started to come good towards the end of the session. I was a couple of seconds behind Stumbles on the track, and right towards the end he pulled out a 1.52.5. I thought to myself, wow, thats a good one I need my next one to be better, but as i crossed the line i got a 1.52.4, my PB! I had secured pole position.

The race got underway, and Stumbles got a good start managing to get by me on Turn 1. I slotted in behind trying to apply some pressure and hoping he would make a rare mistake on cold tyres, and no sooner had i thought that, he went slightly wide at Turn 2, on the grass and spun across the track.

What ensued for the next 12 laps was some of the best racing I've had. Gary was right up there behind me, never letting me escape. We swapped positions countless times, he usually getting me on the main straight and I would pass him at some other point on the track. At the beginning of lap 12 though, he outbraked himself at Turn 1, went wide and copped a stupid shortcut penalty giving me a bit of breathing space. I decided to pit end of that lap.

Pitstop went smooth, back out into traffic, head down, lets build on what we had and try and lay down a fast lap. Was just starting to get the tyres up to temp and the speed up when a circuit breaker in the house tripped ending my race and ending my championship. I shall not repeat anything that was said or done for fear of scarring all of you for life.

CONGRATULATIONS STUMBLES ON THE CHAMPIONSHIP MATE!!

And big thanks to moon for his hosting/captaincy duties!

P.S. and now i can't even freakin log back in to the room, WTF?
  17. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Man, Turbo, that has to be the worst luck. Bad luck mate.

We had a room of 10, so race went ahead as schedulled.

Well done Gary, looks like you had a tough time the whole race, good battle with Turbo for first 12 laps??

I had a shocker, Ran wide at turn 2 and ended up 2nd last. Clawed way back up to 5th, just couldn't get past Dan, until he pit and I passed as he came out. Slowly made ground on Brew, he pitted, then Turbo dropped out and all of a sudden, I'm only 3 seconds behind Gary. Caught up and passed around turn 1 of the last lap, but screwed up the exit of 2 again and the race was gone.
  18. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

That is a tough break turbo.
  19. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    bad luck mate :(
  20. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Race finishing positions...

01. garyw61
    02. Stumbles01
    03. daninline6
    04. mmm_homebrew
    05. X-3vi1m00n
    06. Shuvit_Sideways
    07. Rumbleshorts
    08. TchackGT
    09. sirdave
    10. disturboed (DNF) (Pole Position and Fastest Lap)

Fastest laps....

1:52.838...... disturboed
    1:52.867...... Stumbles01
    1:52.999...... garyw61
    1:53.293...... ShuvitSideways
    1:53.778...... daninline6
    1:53.876...... mmm_homebrew
    1:54.440...... Rumbleshorts
    1:54.581...... X-3vi1m00n
    1:55.864...... sirdave
    1:56.085...... TchackGT
Thread Status: