Division 4 Season 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 4, 2014.

1. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    The track that confuses most Americans, Daytona road with it's right hand turns!

Hit a good PB in practice of 1.36.0 the previous night, so was happy with my pace going into the race. Was leading the quali session for a good period with a 1.36.5, then pipped at almost the end by Dave one tenth faster. I was on my last lap and was up in the first few sectors, but had a wobble in the bus stop costing me my lap. It would have probably still not been enough anyways as Dave bettered his time on his following lap to a 1.36.1

Started in 2nd spot and got a good start beating Dave off the line, grabbing first position into turn 1. I was able to keep that position by the end of lap 1, but Dave was all over me, especially with the draft. I got a little break when Dave overcooked the exit of the bus stop, so I settled into a rhythm and set about trying to stay ahead. It all came undone on lap 6 when I got the wobbles going into the exit of the bus stop, putting a wheel on the grass and spinning like a top. This let Ad2mny and Molch through, and I was relegated to 3rd.

I closed back in on Molch over the next couple of laps and on lap 9, coming down into turn 1, Molch lost it and spun into the inside barrier of the corner. I had already committed to the inside line of the corner so rammed straight into his left front wheel. This brought me to an almost dead stop. I tried to push my way through but lost a bit of time and Dave got through on the outside. He got all the luck as Molch had ghosted when I got past him and he had no collision.

Lap 10 I was right on Dave's tail and was chasing him down. I got a draft on the back straight and made an unwise decision to try to pass him. I went into the bus stop just a LEETLE bit too fast and deep. clipping the grass on the inside, then sliding across the outside grass. Dave got back through as I kept it straight and back onto the road without losing too much time, but I was now several seconds behind Dave and about 15 behind Ad2mny in the lead. I took my pitstop at the end of lap 13, hoping the couple of seconds less in the bay refuelling would help me close the gap, which it certainly did, as when I exited the pits and after Dave pitted on lap 14, I was now only about 9 seconds off the lead.

For the next 7 laps it was just head down and motor on, as I reeled in both Dave and Ad2mny. By lap 21 I was within 2 seconds as the 2 frontrunners battled on. Dave finally got past on lap 22 (I was secretly hoping they would come together!! Sorry guys! :D). I was all over Ad2mny on lap 23 when another draft along the back straight gave me a passing opportunity into the bus stop. I actually made the pass ok, but with a slight over-correction touched the grass on the outside and I lost all my speed trying to keep it straight letting Ad2 back through. Another couple of seconds gap had opened up and with only 3 or 4 laps to go, my tyres were screaming enough, and I had too think about managing the fuel to get home.

I accepted third place and just ran out of fuel about 200m before the finish line, closing in fast on Ad2mny who had obviously ran out much earlier, but he still had enough to get across the line ahead of me.

Congrats to Dave on another impressive win, and also to Ad2mny on his season best result so far. Snatching fastest lap of the race was a nice little bonus for me too.
  2. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Bugger, PD have gone and changed the geometry of the rear of the Macca in the last update. I thought it was a pig of a car before, now it understeers and oversteers, and lap times are slower. Why would they make it handle worst than before?
  3. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Because pd sucks and has no idea what they are doing. Trying to fix problems that it doesn't have instead of the ones it does.
  4. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I think DoogleDave and Turbo have pretty much summed up my race for me. I got away well with them in the lead off the line in 4th. Held on for a lap or two but their superior pace had them walking away by a second a lap. Molch dropped slowly backwards and I was by myself. Dave got a bit upset exiting the bus stop and I slipped past. The gap to disturboed was now insurmountable and growing by the lap, but he also fell victim to the bus stop and I waved on the way past. Lap 10 I remember seeing Molch's arrow spinning wildly behind me and Dave jumped up 2 places but they were still about 8-10 seconds back. I was keeping consistent lap times but by lap 12 I really started struggling in the exit of the bus stop so end of lap 13 with half red of fuel left I pitted. When I came out I made sure not to lose it on the grass and was actually pretty quick out for me, coming out just ahead of BLINDMAN. Next lap around I regained the lead but Dave was definitely closer when he came out. BLINDMAN closed a little on me but was on a different strategy and pitted a few laps later. Dave and disturboed closed on me lap by lap, and by about lap 19 the pressure really got to me. Had my only misstep for the entire race, a slightly wide run in the middle of the bus stop. Doogle stripped the final couple of seconds gap from me, with disturboed just on the edge of the draft in third.

The lag that has been plaguing me for near 5 months is finally gone, and I'm certain Dave is glad of that. We come onto the banking at the back of the track and it was neck-a-neck into the bus stop, Dave on the inside and me not letting up. We actually ran side by side through the first part, and Dave relented a little for the final part, dropping back to second.

Next lap was a carbon copy onto the banking, except this time I stayed on the inside, and outbraked him into the bus stop, though not as neatly this time, and ran a little wide in the middle section, bouncing my outside wheels in the grass. Dave had backed off a little but got great drive with cleaner tyres and was half a car in front into turn 1. I tried real hard to regain the lead on the brakes around the outside but all I managed was to trade a little paint with him, and he pulled ahead. Disturboed, hoping for disaster lol, saw the lead change and wanted some of that action, really abusing his front tyres with massive dives under brakes. He somehow turned a mistake into an advantage, massively outbraking himself at turn 5. He squared himself off somehow and rocketed out, closing nearly a full second in 1 straight. He was easily alongside around the banking but was on that dreaded inside line for the bus stop, passing cleanly on entry but running wide in the middle, putting all four wheels onto the grass. I zoomed past and he recovered well. The gap was holding at about 3 seconds to Dave and I was absolutely caning the car to hold it, praying for a miracle. Coming out of the bus stop for the final time I slammed the pedal to the metal but was resigned to second, when suddenly the power faded from the car, and I looked down to see the fuel on empty. NOOOOOOOOOO I hollered as I watched disturboed's arrow close on, my grip on the wheel like vices and the pedal still flat to the floor lol. Had he not suffered the same fate he would have had me for sure. A huge sigh of relief and then a 20 minute lecture from the missus for startling her by yelling lol.

Best race I've had in ages.
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  5. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Good to see an amigo doin' well.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  6. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Congrats to the podium,had an up & down race,so was really happy to drive through to 4th,at one stage i thought i might catch the front runners,but then Dave got past Ad & pulled away,so i settled and cruised home.With the pit glitch gone i was able to use strategy to pass at least 3 or 4 ppl during the pitstop cycle,felt really good!!!!:DWell done Dave,i was a second off your pace,so you really deserved the win.
  7. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Sorry guys,i can't host this week,i've got to go to Sydney on sunday to take my Mrs up for a doctors appt.I forgot to say anything cause it was supposed to be after the season finished but that all changed when we delayed the rounds that we did. I'll be good for the final enduro round,so good luck this weekend & i'll see ya's at Spa.:cool:;)
    Blindman likes this.
  8. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Evil will you be aboot?
    DekGT5mad and Blindman like this.
  9. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Yup, I'll host tonight.
    DekGT5mad and stucar17 like this.
  10. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Nice signature Turbo
  11. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Whipped em up for the boys on team bhr, if we are gunna be a team better look like one ;)
  12. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Look great nice work Clevo
    DekGT5mad, Clevohead and stucar17 like this.
  13. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Pit lane open for the 10 min qual session tonight guys.

Good luck all !
  14. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Who is hosting div 4 lobby i need to add them as room wont show up
    Beau_Albert and DekGT5mad like this.
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Host is
    PSN ID: X-3vi1m00n

You will need to add him and then both will need to reset or you will get the "room full" glitch.
  16. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Well done to all div 4 racers a good race I think was had by all and congrats to the top 3 ! Dave was just to fast tonight kiwi was flying and molch and evil on the pace
    stucar17 likes this.
  17. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Errrr. no. LOL.

I had a rubbish race which totally went against everything i had planned and prepared for. Chose my strategy and went in confident of another podium at one of my least favourite tracks. Practice and quali went ok, started 5th on the grid. Then it went all pear shaped. As soon as the race started the car didn't feel right, slippery as all buggery, understeering like someone was lifting the front of the car up.

I stuck to my planned 3 stop strategy but hitting the wall several times cost me about 40 seconds all up at various points in the race, so negated any advantage the new tyres had. Then I second guessed my fuel calculations and put in one litre less per stop, and ran out of juice at the top of the circuit before the downhill run. If I had stuck to my 30L per stop I would have been fine.

Crossed the line in dead freakin' last. Horrible.
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    3 stop, what were you thinking ???
  19. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    I was thinking that my tyres were rubbish after a 7 lap stint, let alone a 10 lap stint. I was bleeding time in the last 4 laps or so of a 10 lap stint to the tune of 3-4 seconds a lap, and with a short pit lane and stop time, it sorta made sense. But I screwed it up with the rubbish driving. Had I been mistake free, I would have been top 5 easy.
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    what were they down to ??? i found that after 10 laps i was down to 4 on the front left. Was about 2 secs a lap slower than when new.....is hard not killing them by lighting them up, thats for sure.