Division 4 Season 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 4, 2014.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I was down to 5 on the LF after 10 laps.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    thats good going mate, did you 2 stop ? probably could have gone a little longer with wear like that ?
  3. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    yep, stopped lap 10 and 20. Chased Ad for the whole race after working my way back from last again and finally got him 3 laps from the end. I'm sure it was tyres that did it for me.
    stucar17 likes this.
  4. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    @stu, do you have lap times for Div 2?
  5. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    not at the moment....give me 10....
  6. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    It was a good race for me with minimal mistakes. I just wasn't consistent enough to pass Molch, and I wasn't close enough to capitalise on blindman's mistake. Welcome to the league SamsungRacer.
    Code:
      Driver            Time       Best Lap
    01.DoogleDave       45:57.416  1:30.707 (pole, fastest lap)
    02.K1W1-DRIVER        +21.149  1:31.547
    03.Molch_82           +22.848  1:31.790
    04.BLINDMANRACING     +22.901  1:30.971
    05.X-3vi1m00n         +23.997  1:31.215
    06.emmo46             +38.632  1:31.874
    07.Ad2mny           +1:08.106  1:31.738
    08.samsung1998racer +1:37.390  1:33.216
    09.Kart-No-1        +1:52.985  1:33.553
    10.disturboed       +1:54.588  1:31.089

Code:
    Fastest laps
    01. 1:30.707 DoogleDave
    02. 1:30.971 BLINDMANRACING
    03. 1:31.089 disturboed
    04. 1:31.215 X-3vi1m00n
    05. 1:31.547 K1W1-DRIVER
    06. 1:31.738 Ad2mny
    07. 1:31.790 Molch_82
    08. 1:31.874 emmo46
    09. 1:33.216 samsung1998racer
    10. 1:33.553 Kart-No-1

I think I got pole right... forgot to check.
    Blindman, Ad2mny and stucar17 like this.
  7. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Even though I did not finish well, I still had a good race. Qualified in 7th with a pretty dismal 32.6xx but I knew I had no hope of running near the front, not with Dave doing 30's. Got away fairly well beating molch off the line and we all avoided carnage into turn 1. emmo had an incident into turn 2 trying to adjust his view, running in too hot and colliding heavily with the wall. My first lap was a bit like bumper bowling, and I had damaged my right front in the fast right left on the back straight. Into the final double right I ran in way too hot allowing both evil and molch through. Lap 2 we all passed turbo nose first into the wall turn 1 an I managed to pass molch at the back chicane but a slow exit put him back in front. a draft got me back past on the front straight but both he and samsung got past with a crap run onto the back straight. I drafted back past samsung on the straight again and set off after molch and evil. Slowly reeled evil in over next few laps and on lap 9 I finally drafted past on the front straight. I had a strategy all worked out for fuel but my brother was watching on and I tottally forgot how much to put in, so I filled it up and went back out. I came out behind turbo and molch was a fair way ahead now. when evil pitted next lap he came out back ahead too. So was 7th in the second stint until on lap 14 when I tried a draft move on turbo on the main straight. He tried to outbrake me but ended up in the barrier at turn 1 in a shower of tyres. BLINDMAN and evil were just up ahead but I couldnt seem to make up any ground. Made my final stop on lap 20. My on-the-fly calculation said I would only need just over half a tank for the final stint, so I put 20 litres in which put me at about 55 litres. I should have put 30 in. i came out of the pits and turbo was roaring up behind me. I got flustered and hit the inside wall, coming to a dead stop and causing turbo to rear end me, gaining a penalty and I'm sure some damage too. I waited and let him past, and now I had emmo not far off my tail. I drafted past turbo on the straight and put my head down to try pull away from emmo, but watching my fuel gauge I knew I was in trouble. emmo reeled me in with 3 to go even though i was driving as hard as I could (sorry for the accidental block on the straight amigo) and on the second last lap I had to stop for fuel. turbo passed while I pitted putting me in 8th but the poor guy ran out on the last half of the final lap, gifting me back 7th. I said to my brother for the last lap with 1 lap old tyres and low fuel load I'd try for my fastest lap, and I put my headphones on both ears and pulled out a 31.738.

Well done Dave. too fast.
    Blindman, gentlemen jim and Bluemoon like this.
  8. gentlemen jim

gentlemen jim Rookie

Well done Dave, just to fast mate. Happy with my grid position. Race started well,tried to keep up with Blindman and Dave but their speed was to hot so settle into my own pace hoping to hold on to third. I notice a big grip change between qualifying and the race start proper. Pitted on lap 9 and continued on wondering what kind of tactics Blindman was up too. Kept my nose clean and head down always watchful of the gap closing and opening between Molch and I. Last lap with Molch getting closer and worried about fuel to my surprise there,s Blindman running on steal rims gifting me second. A good race,very close for third in the championship will come down to the last race at Spa.
    Blindman and Ad2mny like this.
  9. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Just like to welcome Samsung to div 4 you should enjoy your racing here make sure you friend all the rooz members so you can get on and race . Good luckGood luck
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  10. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Looks like this came to fruition! Well done :)

I am wrapped to come away with another win - and to make it three in a row. And I finally managed to hit the jackpot with a win, pole and fastest lap (one of my goals for this season).

If you had spoken to me last Friday night after running some practice laps around Tokyo I was ready to count this week as a right-off and use this as my drop round. No matter what I tried I just couldn't do any better than the 1.33's and with the car all over the track I wasn't looking forward to Sunday's race at all.

Saturday saw a bit more practice and managed to hit a few 1.32's but it wasn't until Sunday when things really fell into place. I managed to find my line and markers and from the re the times just started to drop, bottoming out with a 1.29.9 on a (for me) near perfect lap. This thankfully boosted my confidence and I was now looking forward to the race again.

When quals started I wanted to jump out of the gate and set a good time straight up but it took a few laps to loosen the tyres a little but eventually managed a 1.30.7xx to take pole from Blindman (by 0.2 sec).
    Having a practice run with Blindman earlier in the day I knew he had great pace and would push me to the limit - which of course he did.

Managed to get a reasonable start this week but still got beaten to turn 1 by Blindman who was just too fast off the line.
    For the first 10 laps Blindman and I pushed on and created a gap on the remaining field and I wondered what Blindman's strategy was for his pitstops. Lap after lap Blindman and I attacked and defended as we swapped a few bumps here and there as we fought for the lead position - all in good fun though.
    On lap 10 (I think) I decided to take my first pitstop and noticed Blindman continue on. I decided to top up with 30L of fuel and threw on new tyres, then raced back out on track to resume my race. As the next couple of laps unfolded I kept watching Blindman's name on the leaderboard to see when he went into the pits. I can't remember the lap but it was a few after mine and I then realised he was attempting a 1 stop race. Courageous I thought. In the testing I'd done earlier I knew that the tyres went off very quickly beyond 10 or so laps so I hoped my 2 stop strategy would help me to chase him back down near the end of the race.

After my 2nd stop (where I took on 55L and new tyres) I got back out on track and took the bull by the horns and threw the Macca around the track as fast as I dared in an attempt to whittle down the gap to Blindman. As I came out of the pits he was +12 secs up on me and within a few laps I had dropped that to about 4 seconds. I knew his tyres must have started to go off by this stage so kept the pressure on until I eventually caught him. For the next couple of laps I took it easy behind him, biding my time and loaning some free-draft in sections to further the fuel I had in my tank.
    Once I made it past Blindman I tried to keep the pressure on and with only a couple of laps to go I didn't want to take my chances with him at close quarters so I tried to keep my pace high. Coming into the last turn with a couple of laps to go I saw his marker on the map pointing in several directions and figured his tyres had finally given out and not long after saw him drop down the leaderboard as Kiwi and Molch passed him by.
    From there I drove the rest of the race conservatively to make sure I didn't run out of fuel before the finish.

What a dream season I have had - one I doubt I will be lucky enough to ever replicate again in the future.
    Looking at the lead drivers from all the divisions for this season there has only been one other driver who has been more dominant, the one and only BJH. Whilst I may technically tally up more wins for the entire season, BJ is still the season champion in my eyes (complete domination). Well done BJ!
    Now with the almost certain promotion to Division 3 for next season I will have my work cut out for me just to keep up with those guys!

Looking forward to the race at Spa now for an all-out celebration with my Division 4 comrades :)
  11. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    You too? It was shocking for me, all my markers were thrown away, couldn't pull up or turn in at the right speed.
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  13. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Dammit that second at Daytona got my hopes up. Guess I can't complain, I finished where I qualified.
    Peter Wise and emmo46 like this.
  14. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Well done Dave drove well and fast I tried the one stop to try and make you push but to no avail my tyres were shot on last lap thought I could hold off kiwi but coming into the last corner she stepped out sideways and kiwi and molch went up the inside I tried to slip stream and pass molch to the line just couldn't do it .well done Dave kiwi and molch 1 , 2 ,3
    Peter Wise, emmo46 and Ad2mny like this.
  15. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Lol 1 to go AD you can DO IT .......
    Ad2mny likes this.
  16. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Yes, well done Dave, but Blindman said he got the jackpot in his first race.:D
  17. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    He certainly did. I'm just happy to do it at all :)
    Kart-No-1 likes this.
  18. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I wish that I could've finished where I qualified, put paid to that on the first lap.:(
  19. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Firstly congratulations to Dave for the win and for securing the Div 4 Championship, magnificent effort.
    I managed to get a bit of practice in for this race, didn't find much speed but was comfortable. I qualified a surprising 4th with a PB of 1:32.153 which was still nearly a second and a half away from pole.
    I got off the line well to be challenging up the inside at the first turn but had to keep it in tight around the corner and had to fight wheelspin as I exited allowing a couple of guys to repass me on the outside.
    As we headed to turn 2 I noticed the stupid system had switched me to cockpit view and I unwisely attempted to get back to my preferred bumper view. As I fumbled through the cycle trying to get to bumper view I completely missed the turn in to turn 2 and barrelled head on into the barriers, Last again %$^#.
    I gathered it up and set off bulldozing a concrete barrier for a few yards up the track. I was chasing Kart for the covetted 2nd last position down the main straight heading into lap 2 when I misjudged the braking (it felt like I had less grip) and headbutted the barrier in turn one. So much for my plan to steadily sit with the pack. It took me a while to settle down and re assess the situation, after a few laps I managed to pass Kart for 9th and then got by samsung for 8th as he sat sideways on the track. At about the five lap mark I could see a group of three cars about 10 seconds ahead and made it my mission to close on them.
    Turbo pitted on lap 7 which moved me to 7th and I set about closing the gap to Ad2. I didn't pit until lap 10 which allowed me to bask in the glory of 4th place for a lap. I came out of my first pit stop back in eighth behind Turbo and Ad2. I was catching Turbo and he pitted again on lap 14 to let me back up to 7th. The gap to Ad2 was holding steady at about 5 seconds for most of the second stint but I closed on him a little before our second stops.
    My second stop was on lap 20, a lap after Ad2 and as I exited the pits he and Turbo screamed by. Turbo seemed to be struggling and Ad2 got by him and then I closed on him and managed to pass him at the last corner just before his third stop.
    We were then set for the run to the flag, Evil had been in range at one stage and I came into the pits behind him for my second stop but during the third stint he just powered out of site. I began trying to cut Ad2's lead back and by lap 26 I was close enought to get the draft down the straight. We touched at max speed which sent me scraping along the pit wall but then as we braked for turn 1 Ad2 left a gap for me on the inside which I took advantage of to move to 6th place equalling my season best place at Fuji. Ad2 danced in my mirror for a lap busting to get the place back but then had to pit for fuel. The chase made it an interesting race for me but I think if I hadn't cocked up the first couple of laps I might have been in the mix with the big bunch of cars fighting for second.

Hopefully I can have a good clean race next week at Spa, a track I enjoy. Then I will gladly say good bye to the macca.
    Blindman, DoogleDave and Ad2mny like this.
  20. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    For some reason when my race started i was in cockpit view, then when i changed it went straight to third person and I had to quickly cycle before the first turn. Don't know what happened.
    emmo46 likes this.