Division 4 season 9

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greendog

greendog Rookie

hahah yeah was thinking that lol
  2. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    hey greenpup

the lowdown on this week is hards can make the whole race BUT you have look after them and you WILL BE super slow.

As the softs are 3.5 to 4 secs faster. turn somw laps mate is the best way you can guage your pace..
  3. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Clevo / rumbles,

i emailed gameon252 (dean) again today and will let you know if i hear from him.

I think all the others are right to go, you guys will have a great race i reckon.....should have 8 or 9 drivers.

Any word from quadstrrech clevo, i checked the email account and nothing there ???

CHeers
    Stu
  4. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Cheers stu, looking forward to more on the starting grid this week :)
  5. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Yeah mate he is keen for Div 4, we have both been ships in the night with our jobs and we have teed up for a beer tonight, and get him signed up to the forum.

So you can add him to the list in the mean time, and as soon as he is signed up I will PM you.
  6. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Dave ran the soft strategy and pitted somewhere mid race.

We got spread out pretty well on the first few laps I was running 2nd (Dave was just pulling away a second or two a lap :( ) until lap 14 when I pitted and Jas (hard strategy) just beat me past the pit exit :(

I spent the next 7 laps on his tail with various gaps (due to a couple of mind wandering induced :):):):) ups :mad:)

Around lap 22 I finally caught up to him when he was rounding up Col, and I got red mist and missed my break marker and started building sand castles :mad:

I was surprised to have caught back up to the two of them on 24 where they were having quite a little scrap with each other, and once again I got caught in the excitement and again took my little yellow dune buggy for a spin in the sand.

And the limped back to the finish line with a bruised ego and and sand in my crotch for 3rd :p

Good race fellas, can't wait until next week.

Hope this answers your question greendog.
  7. greendog

greendog Rookie

yeah mate good one thanks spot on what i was looking 4 lol cant wait 4 sunday will b good will probly b on later tonight 4 some laps might c u then
  8. sirdave

sirdave New Recruit

Hi guys,

Thanks for the congrats, I think that track must have suited me and I do reallly like this car.

I decided I couldn't finish without pitting so strategy was to qual/start on soft and pit for hard when they wore out. From memory that was about lap 13/14. I think pole helped me as I stuggle to pass when under pressure. Luckily I got away to a good solid stint and pulled away.

Got about 30secs ahead of Clevo by around lap 10 then spun onto sand and lost about 20secs on that lap. Manged to gradually stetch gap again and then keep position on the hards. I think Jas was about 40secs behind at the end and we stayed lke that for quite a few laps.

I did have problems lapping Colin as his car was warping all over the place - not sure if it was my connection or his. I was worried I was going to dropout again like previous races.

Probably my most consistent race ever and managed a lot of 1:47/48 on soft and 1:49/50 on hard. I'd done about 1hr practice with that track and car using controller and then switched to wheel for the practice/race. I'm getting better at using gears now!

Based on past races I think the finishing order will change a lot depending on track. Of the known racers I recon Rumbles is still the favourite if he's fixed his seat!

If we can get a good turnout I think we'll have some reallly fun races.

Cheers,
    Dave.
  9. sirdave

sirdave New Recruit

Oh...and here's a tip I forgot.

I've worked out my wheel is more stable if I attach it to the ironing board on the end rather than the side. My legs don't hit those criss-cross legs as much and it wobbles less.

Only problem is wife does some ironing around 7:30pm on Sunday so it's pretty tight getting the 'car' setup for the race.

I really need to post a pic in the 'my wheel setup' page ;)
  10. greendog

greendog Rookie

haha love the ironing board cockpit lol thaks dave good wrap up congrats on the win mate sounds like i missed a good race, will b there this week thow
  11. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Stretch has the XANAVI
  12. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

:lol: an ironing board. That is absolutely classic!

And thanks for the kind words Dave, I just hope I can bring the goods this week (and the damn capital works down the road don't interfere with my power again!)
  13. quadstretch

quadstretch Stunt man

hey stu i'm running the XANAVI, i'll bre bringing up the rear like a winner.
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    no worries mate
  15. sirdave

sirdave New Recruit

I'm yellow hat. Thanks
  16. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    Hey Clevo and rumbles, can you make sure yous have the new guy quadstretch on your friends lists.
    just so he can race tonight.

Cheers fellas
    aussie

@ Quad
    Welcome to ROOZ mate. hope you enjoy it here all the boys are pretty normal :p and will help ya out, Just ask ;)
    anyways mate see you on track sometime.

Good Luck tonight.
  17. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Yeah mate, all under control :D
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Good luck to everyone tonight guys.

Just a heads up for people that haven't done many laps at Suzuka, it bites real hard and will be the most difficult track we race at this season.

Remember to give each other room to race, think about your passes and redress if you think you may have messed up ;)

Its a real challenge here, and remember that if you mess up, its not over, the guys in front are a chance of messing up here too :p ;) :D

Hope you get a full grid, and enjoy !!!
  19. jas002

jas002 New Recruit

Hi Guys

Hope all went well for the rest of you as i got booted up the ###.

I noticed a few people had problems i hope that next week is better.

Jas
  20. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Well, what a race, and great turn out!

Started in 2nd on the grid after greenest stole pole on the last lap in qual (grats) and proceeded to have a really good feeling about the race ahead. Sart comes up, hit the gas and had a great take off, only to go to change up gears only to have no gears available!!! Punched the top of the g27 and they were back so off I went, already some 16 sec down on he lead. I had no choice but to push as hard as I could, and by lap 8 I had caught up and gained the lead from green_dog. The next number of laps had me leading by up to 14 seconds, and I pit on lap 11 to swap over to RS.

Come out of the pits and I think I was back in second and thinking gd had pitted already I was resigned to copping 2nd overall. Either L12 or 13, gd pitted much to my happiness so I took up first place again. Not much really went on for a while now, except due to me not being able to find turn-in with the heads on , gd closed the gap up to 2s. Coming up on a ghosted Colin, whose car was going all over the track and jumping back and forth (lag), which put me off trying to go past/through him and caused me to have an episode on Degner. I managed to make the save but it had gd right on my tail, but he also had an issue at Degner so I came back on track ahead of him and made my way to making a handy lead again.

Now we get to lap 20 and I still had a 4 or 5s lead over gd and the unbelievable happened, my car automatically pulled itself down to 1st gear while I was coming up to Degner. Do what I could, I had lost gears. Gd went past me, probably wondering what the hell had just occurred and suddenly I regained gear control! So yet again, I start to push hard, which is difficult when a car doesn't like turning :lol:

By now I was 16 seconds behind and engined to not getting first back, but then gd must have had an off, because I was back within 6s, and as I hit the main straight I was only a couple behind. A I am heading down the straight, suddenly I am in first, gd has pit for a second time. The last two laps were fairly uneventful for me, except almost killing it one last entry to Casio thanks to my tortured tyres. So there you have it, my maiden ROOZ series win!

Great race green_dog, you really pushed me to my limit for a lot of it. Congratulations to the podium and great racing by all :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.