final car thread Season 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 2, 2014.

?

What car would you like for season 2?

Poll closed Apr 10, 2014.
  1. Mclaren F1 GTR race car base model

27 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. 2011 BMW GT2 M3 Base Model

22 vote(s)
    40.7%
  3. Nissan GTR Black Edition '12 (As used in GT Academy)

5 vote(s)
    9.3%
  1. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Strange how some engine notes change so much depending on the view you choose. You'd expect a small change, but some of them sound like a different car.
    The Honda HSV-010 (best car in the game in my opinion) sounds terrible from bonnet cam, but ok in cockpit view.
    Lexus LFA is another, you don't get that V10 whine from inside the car.
    Crunch likes this.
  2. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    I agree with the embracing the glitch part. I guess it can test how good drivers are on an odd set of rubbers. Plus it can be a strategy. Like saving fuel and tyres to pit as late as possible to minimise the laps on the glitchy set of tyres. But if the glitch was fixed, we wouldn't have to worry about that!
  3. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Only ever time I raced with the glitch in a long race, the tyre wear behaviour seemed pretty random. I guess it would actually take any strategy out of it but also agree that we might as well learn to live with it until project cars comes along. By the looks of it,
    It might happen way before the glitch is fixed lol
    Cyber_STIG_77 likes this.
  4. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Just an idea you could always restrict the power to say 500hp (I can't remember just how much it has stock) so the car becomes drivable for those in the lower divisions or those who unfortunately are stuck with a controller where throttle control is less precise, while still being a big step up from the BRZ.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  5. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Well, thanks to PD and the latest update, can't even limit the power now, it's borked.
    Crunch likes this.
  6. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Mustafur and I just found that out when doing some FGT testing XD
  7. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    LOL....how does it just keep getting worse???
    Maybe PD are working on the fact that you can now add a custom wing which can add so much downforce it will slow the car down (so no more need for the power limiter)???
    Makes just as much sense as anything else PD are coming out with :-(
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  8. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    One more day and the McLaren will take the cake :p
    Ad2mny likes this.
  9. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    drove it for the first time last night on the mediums and boy was it nice.

Not as skaty in the front end, but ready to bite if you overstep the mark.

Really felt good.

Am thinking that with the pit glitch still there (apparently) we will try to get some sort of pit stop thing happening, but only if everyone can make a tire selection when pitting. If some are still getting that glitch, it may be a case as it was in season 1. wear normal, no stopping :(:mad:
  10. zampli

zampli Team Driver

This pit issue with the selection box sounds too risky again. . .
  11. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    As of 9.53 tonight we will have a winner. Then we need to decide tyres and tracks. Each season 1 or 2 mod's tackle this task, and it is only made more difficult by the pit glitch we now (still) have in GT6. After parking my BRZ come season end, I had clocked up over 10000km's in it! A big chunk of that was testing. So, if there are any super keen ROOZ boys that would like to put their hands up to help, we'd love to gather a crack testing group from various divisions to give input into tracks, tyres and lap no.'s. I believe the aim will be to kick off Season 2 straight after Easter, so if you can help out please let us know.
  12. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

I'll have a bit of extra time over the next 2 weeks as it will be mid semester break so I'll be more than happy to help out. 10,000 km in a single car is crazy I've done 45,000 km since December 6 and the most on a single car is 3,700 (BMW Z4 GT3).
  13. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I'm more than happy to help, lord knows I could use some practice after being sidelined for a while. I was all over the shop last night!

The pit glitch is definitely still there. I was running laps at Brands Hatch last night in the McLaren. The fast right hander in the series of 3 was 4th gear, tip it in, on the gas and good to go.
    With a second set of tyres (same compound), did exactly the same and was in the gravel.

As for the tyre options whilst pitting, I couldn't recreate the issue again with having no choices on the pop up menu. As Zamps says though, it is probably too risky as it could wreck someones race or even their season.
  14. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    It happened to me at the Bathurst race and I ran out of fuel a corner before the line.
  15. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Now imagine that happening half a lap before the end, when your leading the race and in a position to win the championship by a point if you win the race...too risky.
  16. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    well just on that situation it costed me about 15 seconds lol.
  17. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    I will be sweet to put in some test time for season 2 :) available most nights except Wednesday every week
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  19. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    I can rep Div5 if you need more people.

Pit glitch is definitely still there.
    Had an enduro race last night at La Sarthe.
    Second stint was 7 seconds off the usual pace and downforce effects were exasperated as a result as well (rear tyres going off 2x faster).
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    yeah, we will have to do a bit on it. Is time consuming.

With the glitch still there its a case of picking a tire and wear rate that lasts the length of the race for the normal length 45 min races, and just short i reckon in the enduro..

Will add you to the list in the track discussion thread. Thanks