GT6 Division 3 Season 8

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Cyberstig1

Cyberstig1 Rookie

PSN ID
    Cyberstig1
    @scottb721, @Ninja2, @steezymilo, @disturboed. I have sent FR for tonite. Please add me. I believe it helps online room stability if you reset the PS3 after adding a new friend b4 U enter the room - see U all tonite!!
    steezymilo likes this.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  3. Cyberstig1

Cyberstig1 Rookie

PSN ID
    Cyberstig1
    They should be more grown up and not fight so much!!
    Easyprey007, Hatfield and JonoStan96 like this.
  4. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    I will open the room at around 7:45pm AEDT for a 8:20pm AEDT start. Do let me know if you have any problems.
    I should have everyone requested.

BTW, why is penalty set to none? It really should be weak.
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    It is to prevent people from overtaking via ghosting and when someone spins that can press pause which will ghost them preventing a pile up.
    Cyberstig1 likes this.
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    also if you cut eau rouge at spa it is slower anyway as taking it flat spins your car at the bump so you have to let off and you will definitely lose out down the straight
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  7. TheMuss

TheMuss Rookie

@Hatfield I can't race to night my Wheel is not working I have to take it to get fixed Monday wen the guy is open. Sorry for mucking stuff up . But will have it fixed for next week . Sorry about this
    SPL Racing likes this.
  8. steezymilo

steezymilo Rookie

PSN ID
    steezymilo
    Be on shortly guys. Qld time thru me off a little.
  9. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    First round done and dusted.
    Gratz to Arakasi for the win and Emmo on rounding out the podium. I came in second.
    A turn 1 biff and barge saw pole sitter arakasi shuffled down a few spots so i lept into P1 and set about building a gap.
    Managed to get it out to about 11 seconds before on Lap 7 or 8 i went off on the downhill section leading to the big left sweeper. Of course the nose ended in the fence so had to back it up, losing me my entire lead and then some. Rejoined in 2nd spot.
    I managed to bring the gap to Arakasi back down to about 4.5 seconds before I went real deep into the bus stop and then I realised he was pitting, so in trying to match him, i shot across and nudged the bloody pit entry, stopping me dead, and losing me about 4 seconds.

Good second stint, round up the no-stoppers and back into 2nd spot behind arakasi. We were trading time every sector, but I was closing, but it was no where near quick enough,

Good clean drive by arakasi got him the win. I think I may have nabbed Fastest lap.

on to Round 2!
    arakasi-, B-Spec Bob and JonoStan96 like this.
  10. steezymilo

steezymilo Rookie

PSN ID
    steezymilo
    Yeah mate, I seen that at the end you still had the time. Nice one!!
    I managed to jump from 14th to 7th on the 1st corner, but pretty quickly got pegged by the faster guys. Was a good intro into gt6 racing, have a lot to learn.

Cheers lads
    emmo46 likes this.
  11. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Well done Arakasi and Turbo. I had a messy first half with a couple of spins, one due to a lag hit, and a couple of other messy moments. I was back in 5th from a third place start so decided to throw the dice and go for a non stop run to see if I could get ahead of the guys in 3rd and 4th and it worked. The two top guys had the race to themselves really and the rest of us fought over the scraps.
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
    arakasi-, B-Spec Bob and JonoStan96 like this.
  13. LITTLEBLACKO942

LITTLEBLACKO942 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    LITTLEBLACKO932 GTP_AussieRacer GTP_RacerOz
    And you said i shouldve been in div 2
    emmo46 likes this.
  14. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    One thing champ, just gotta be aware of being lapped. When you can safely do so, pull over off the racing line and let the faster car pass, don't try and engage them or defend. You knocked me off track on the 2nd last lap going through the esses. Just gotta be aware of what and who is around you.
    steezymilo, B-Spec Bob and Watto64 like this.
  15. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
  16. steezymilo

steezymilo Rookie

PSN ID
    steezymilo
    Yeah, sorry mate. I must admit I was always looking behind and pulled to one side....but maybe this was just one of the few instances where I wasn't aware of you, sorry dude.
  17. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Not my best race by far tonight, but instead one of those races we all have to have from time to time. I was struggling big time before the race. I seemed to be at least 10 seconds off the pace on a good lap, and then on a bad lap i would spin every 3 corners and instead be nearly a minute off the pace. However, managed to scrape it all together for quali. Spent the first 8 or so mins relearning where and when the best place to spin is and what every blade of grass looked like, before finally managing to scrape something together in the last lap to get me to 4th on the grid. Then things seemed to progressively get worse from there.

I bogged down off the start line (still trying to get used to starting with a wheel, rather than starting with a controller) and dropped to about p7 by turn 1, i was hung out wide and managed to get on the power early enough and jumped back into about 5th by the time we got to les combes. From there as i applied the brakes my car seemed to unsettle itself in the rear and i had to go off the road, but not before giving Emmo a slight valentines day themed love tap (sorry Emmo). From there i dropped to the back of the pack and then spent the rest of the race trying not to spin, and claw back as many positions as possible. By the end of the race, i manged to claw my way back into 8th. Not the start i wanted for the season when i saw that my quali times could be near enough the top of the field, but it's a result i'll have to live with.

Seemed like some good racing tonight guys, so well done, and very well done on the turnout tonight on what i thought might have been a lacking turnout due to valentines day.
  18. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    No problems, you came off worst, The tap sent me into the corner too fast but I managed to hold it together and cut across the run off to get back on track where I was before you tapped me so no damage at all actually. There was some good racing. I had a great time sitting in behind Arakasi early on as he was trying to pick his way by a lagging Cyber. Once he found a way by though I never saw him again.
  19. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    What happened Blacko, you were flying early in the race but then after your pitstop you fell right back. I was expecting you to come back at me late in the race.
  20. LITTLEBLACKO942

LITTLEBLACKO942 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    LITTLEBLACKO932 GTP_AussieRacer GTP_RacerOz
    I was making mistakes on the hards because i hadnt practised on them