IRACING iRacing Pictures & Skins

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KoAStR, Aug 25, 2011.

1. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Excellent. I think that will complement the existing fleet the best... Cheers, that Soviet Star and that colour pallette should be all I need.

Camo wouldn't be too much work but I might save that for the Skip ;)
  2. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I had another idea.. I won't give it all away yet but a Japanese fighter color scheme may be more appropriate...

[​IMG]

I'll work on it tonight...
  3. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Alright StoneMonkey.... you get the Jap fighter because StoneMonkey was way to long to write on the car... in english! Also the monkey picture is more synonomous with Asia than Soviet Russia!

[​IMG]

And if you like what you see here's the TGA file
  4. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

And that just leaves the ruskies to complete the quintet of axis and allies air forces. I supposed we could go to the 2nd tier nations for additional skins. Italians, French, Australia, Finland, China and probably many more.
  5. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I realised as I went to bed last night, perhaps the order/orientation of the Japanese characters needs to change.

I placed them to read left to right Stone - Monkey. Perhaps they should read top to bottom or right to left.....

Fortunately, wikipedia says modern Japanese reads left to right, just like english :p
  6. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

I think monkey stone(s) is a better name.
  7. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

What a ripper !!! I love it, Dave ... thank you, mate. As a Rusky, I would have settled for "Stone", without the simian bit ... esp. if it was important for you to keep the same livery as the rest of the R-Sharks (or does the squadron already have a contraction for a nickname?) ... but I like your solution heaps too :cool:

The roundel itself is a funny one though ... it looks like I'm missing a racing number :lol:

Will grab it when I get home ... and again, mate - a big, big thank you :D
  8. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    hehe can I activate this stone to cure diseases and accept a blessing? :p

A pleasure, glad you like it :D Now bestow that blessing! :lol:

R-Sharks... I like it. How about iR-Sharks, or any variant with prefix iR- (squadron, [dog] fighters etc).

Oooh oooh what about WIIiR-Birds! (bastardisation of WWII war birds!)
  9. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

Is there a name for it when you use the same letter, i.e. the 'R' from Rooz (in R[ooz]-Sharks), to be the 'R' from iRacing? Not that it matters ... I think iR-Sharks sounds better. But we might be getting into very murky waters with the whole 'Stone Monkey' thing ... apparently, the Sun Wukong is Chinese, not Japanese! So mate ... can I please be a right effin' pain, and ask you for the red star instead, with "Stone" in the same font as the rest of you ... pretty please ;)

Edit: A WWII reference works ... but I can't pronounce WIIiR-Birds ... :lol: And WII is a bit (Nintendo) Wii, perhaps. So WiR-Birds, maybe, istead of War-Birds? Naming the squadron might take longer than doing the skins :lol:

[sup]I'm really Stonemonkey from my days as a climber ... coz I used to solo the same grade I climbed with pro ... err ... in English ... I climbed the same technical grade, whether roped-up or with no pro[tection] ... so less a statement of Eastern philosophies, more about young and dumb ... [/sup]:rolleyes:
  10. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    [​IMG]

:lol: Nah I can do that, no problems.

There definitely are Japanese Monkey's - Snow Monkeys ironically (v. close to Stone Monkey)! And the text is definitely Japanese for Stone Monkey...
    I see now though; the depiction of a red-monkey with that definitive face shape could be construed as Chinese..
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/seth_globepainter/4986578299/
    ...so no monkey graphic at all then?? :( doh I thought that with the Jap writing was cool as...

Not even this little guy? He goes well with Soviet Khaki..
    [​IMG]

Also found your old forum Avatar under search for Sun Wukong http://mangadrawing.net/Image/Journey-To-The-West-Sun-Wukong/27985 :p
    Notably that particular monkey graphic I used or something quite similar didn't come up though.

WiR-Sharks also works...
  11. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

Dave, it was cool ... and so was the pictogram ... stupid monkey-void Japanese culture ;)
    It does ... WiR-Sharks or WiR-Birds both work for me :cool:

And that's not a Bad Monkey ... a real Bad Monkey has an M16, a stonkin' great spliff, and a :):):):):) monkey bent over takin' a large portion ;D
  12. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Soviet Skin all done - here's the TGA file ;) Post a pic when you get it out on track.
    WiR-Birds it is then.... :p
  13. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

Dave, m'ol' mucker ... thank you ... sincerely :cool:

I'm gonna turn in now, but I'll load her up tomorrow night and try and hook up with any other WiR-Birds online - if my SM is gonna look the bizzo, I should prolly get my scheisse together and do a race this weekend ... I'll be rubbish, but I'll look the part ;)

Edit: Sorry, Tank ... but I can't get that link to work. I can't see what the go is ... I've tried Chrome and IE, but zippo. No monster rush, though mate ... when you get a mo, perhaps you could email it to ...

crazyhorse@granturismobynumbers.com

Then if anyone is interested to see it on-track, my driver # (for Trading Paints) is 65733. Thanks in advance, Dave :D

Go WiR-Birds! :lol:
  14. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    OP updated with a link to the ROOZ skin list. Most of you guys are list managers to if you create a new skin for yourself, add it to the list (that's all you'll really need the link for). Instructions for downloading/subscribing to the list are in the OP.

Here's a shot of a WiR-Birds dogfight at Zandvoort in the weekend :D
    [​IMG]
  15. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

That's just the sweetest thing, Tank ... though adding speed-blur to anything I'm peddlin' must be considered "poetic license" ;)

Great stuff :cool:
  16. MADCAP

MADCAP Rookie

Hey All,

Just recently joined iRacing and having a ball... Name is Frank been sim racing for 2 years, mainly console stuff, now into iRacing and gotta say its fantastic.

Been hitting up the V8 Supercars and find the car challenging but a lot of fun around the tracks of SPA, Mosport etc etc...

Here is a few pics of my current skin i designed:

[img=V8 Supercar Rockstar Energy Livery]http://madcap-dezines.com/iracing/Frank_Hodak-ROCKSTAR-Energy_pic1.jpg[/img]

[img=V8 Supercar Livery Rockstar Energy]http://madcap-dezines.com/iracing/Frank_Hodak-ROCKSTAR-Energy_pic4.jpg[/img]

[img=Front view ]http://madcap-dezines.com/iracing/Frank_Hodak-ROCKSTAR-Energy_pic2.jpg[/img]

hope to see some of you on the track

Cheers
    Frank
  17. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    Welcome Frank.

That skin is bloody nice!
  18. MADCAP

MADCAP Rookie

cheers beau261, took a good solid 2 days to get right... helps when your a graphic designer, becomes a project of its own... how to showcase a few more in the future
  19. Mad94d

Mad94d Madison Down

PSN ID
    mad94d
    Awesome skin Frank!

See ya' on track mate!
  20. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hi Frank great stuff. Welcome! :cool: