IRACING iRacing Pictures & Skins

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KoAStR, Aug 25, 2011.

1. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    F#%^@! you iRacing lag... my car spun and ended up with irrepairable damage in turn 1 depsite there being a quarter car gap. WTF :mad:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I was pole-axed into the wall, which is a looong way off the track, for an incident that should have been a scuff at worst, and visually, there was no contact at all.... certainly looks like the other guy didn't cop any damage or even get bumped off his trajectory. WTF again :(
  2. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Hey MadCap, any chance of you putting some RacOnOz sticker on the rear fin of that skin and possible our names, Neishy and I will be hitting the V8 supercar series next season pretty hard and be good to start running the team colours. #1 driver Neishy and #2 driver Bones for now, and MikiD will be in the near future once he gets his licence I suspect, and you of course. They calling for teams to register now for next season so if you could let me know if thats Ok soon, thanks.
    I just used the RaceOnOz in the banner above for the skin i made and have it on the rear spoiler, see below on some of my firts attempts at paintiing. As for drivers names they can go on bumper front and back where i have the little raceonOz stickers. There is a Next Level Racing sticker that Koaster modified that looks good too, I'll have to find where it is on this forum again if you want to use it.

[img=my v8]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/3674/topviewmyv8supercar.jpg[/img]

[img=my v8 2]http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/9429/myv8rear.jpg[/img]
  3. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Koastr I don't know what your on about mate, you quite clearly struck a pebble on corner entry, a very perilous exercise indeed, you were practically begging for your right rear to become separated from your car! :lol:
  4. MADCAP

MADCAP Rookie

Hey Champ,

Sure can gimme a few days to sort out, plus i am keen to come play in V8 series might not be in the A game but ill build my way up....

Cheers
    Frank
  5. MADCAP

MADCAP Rookie

Also got a New Skin i created Monster Energy go check it out on Trading Paints =)
  6. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Ok Franks Sounds good, yer you can come join in the practice session we do. Got a hosted session tonight, practice for the season break race a few of the guys organised. It has the top 16 drivers in it plus a representative from the lower divisions; i managed to get a ticket cos i won the div 6 championship. Tonights session is open to all so Add me (Graeme Phyland) and pop in if you want.

I'm looking at recruiting a couple of the top tier drivers to race for RaceOnOz, so a good skin will be a good draw card. Might even be able to get a high profile driver if we are lucky, David Besnard has just started racing and going to put it to him to run in our colours till he gets a better offer.
    I'll get you my Iracing account # and you can just upload the skins with that, or just send it to me, either way. I can put my name and the RaceonOz sticker on it once i have saved it or you can do it if you prefer so I dont destroy your graphic art.
    My account # is 78482 and name is Bones, not sure of Neishy's number yet but will get it to you asap. As for the other 2 drivers I'm looking at getting we will deal with that when it happens.
    Be good to do this asap so i can give them something to go on, we still hope to get good backing from Madison and the TTR group and a good skin will clinch the deal.
    [img=Woooo Hoooo Me Certified]http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/7940/div6champion.jpg[/img]
    Wooooo Hhooooo Im Certified
  7. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hey great achievement Bones! Congrats ;)

I think it's time to start an iRacing hall of fame... Beau do you have a certificate from winning 120 mins of Sebring?
  8. MADCAP

MADCAP Rookie

Ill jump on later tonight guys look out for my Monster Energy Livery =)
  9. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Add me and join the practice room via my name, starts practice @ 630 for hour or 2 then goes through a 20 min qual and a few races after that. The race I'm in Monday night is being televised and advertised on the real V8 site, I'd like to run the new RaceOnOz liver then, don't forget to plug ya painting skills on there somewhere, people look for good painters and pay them for skins.
  10. MADCAP

MADCAP Rookie

Hey guys,

Just keep in mind that I won't be able to do skins for everyone - it's a very lengthy process and the Rockstar Energy took like 2 days to complete - ill try to do more designs in the future but for the 2 skins I have done they can be used if people need, I'll remove my name off both and if others need there own name on there sing out!
  11. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    yep i do, it's somewhere in the iracing forum.
  12. MADCAP

MADCAP Rookie

[img=Monster Energy Livery by Frank Hodak]http://madcap-dezines.com/iracing/Monster_Energy_Hodak.jpg[/img]

Hi guys this is the other Skin i have designed - if others want to use it i am happy to make a name change on the car to suit yours

Cheers
    Frank
  13. MADCAP

MADCAP Rookie

Hi,

Had some time to make the changes you requested please download each file and then name the files with your iRacing account number then upload to trading paints.com

BONES Rockstar Energy Skin Ford V8

NEISHY Rockstar Energy Skin Ford V8

MIKID Rockstar Energy Skin Ford V8

If you do only see a License SR strip when you download just rich click on it and save to desktop as the file is a .tga and if you don't have a program to view it download GIMP from the internet =)

Everything works fine as i have tested it and all you lads need to do is place your account number from iRacing and upload to trading paints, also make sure you place the file in your computer where all your trading paint skins live for each car, again place your iRacing number to overwrite the existing one or better just delete it or rename so it doesn't get confused.

I am sure you will work it out

Cheers
    Frank
  14. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Just seen message doing it now.
  15. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Hey i got gimp, thats what i do my paint with, but when i open your skin in there there is nothing but a green line near the top. Not sure the file copied to this forum too good. Plus you must save your originals in a different folder to the one trading paints put the files in. I was doing that and when i uploaded skins it would delete the one in that folder first and then when it went to upload it would be gone.
  16. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Hey i just uploaded it any way and once i did it showed up in gimp, all good looks fantastic thanks so much, i like the rockstar, there is already someone running the monster.
    [img=Rockstar V8]http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/8414/bonesrockstarv8.jpg[/img]

[img=rear]http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/3456/rockstarv8rear.jpg[/img]
    I added the sponsors logo, hope ya dont mind

[img=On Fire]http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/9473/rockstaronfire.jpg[/img]
    Rockstars on fire
  17. MADCAP

MADCAP Rookie

Sweet Bones, Glad you like! Enjoy and hope to see you on track soon!
  18. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

Wow guys, I'm totaly not worthy of a skin as good as that. I haven't even started my rookie stuff yet. I'm just too flat out at work. And the small practice i've done has shown i've lost any talent I had. My lap times are near the bottom, however my overall average lap times were at the top. Means, I should only do enduro's maybe. lol
    Don't give up on me. I just need to manage my time a heap better.
  19. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Cars in the garage m8 ready for ya. You can come do practice sessions with us in it if you own it, next week when week 13 finnishes. You got trading paints yet? will need it to see the skins in a session.
    Monday nights race is being televised, so the world get to see the New RaceOnOz rockstar debut.
  20. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    That's pretty awesome of you to share the skin around Frank ;)

[​IMG] hehe :p - just an idea... since it's a team skin now..

BTW did you generate that carbon fibre texture in GIMP or download it? I like how the orange fade retains the texture. Is that with a semi-transparent overlay layer or did you actually apply the color to the texture? I tried to find a ready to use texture but they weren't quite as nice as yours.
    The name font on the front bumper is cool too, what is that?

P.S I added all your skins to the RoOZ.com trading paints list in the OP. I notice you have quite a few vehicles skinned Frank but I don't see your RS v8 skin, just the Monster?
    Neishy, Bones, I don't see your new Rockstar skins on TP yet.... just your old ones - unless of course you've just uploaded the TGA to your existing skin descripton with the old preview.... you can edit that too, or upload it as an entirely new skin, then it applies your most recent one.