GT5 Queens Birthday E46 M3 Endurance Race.

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Mustafur, May 30, 2013.

1. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    There's a link in the menu bar under the forum banner.
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Hey Mustafur, is there a special reason for the Reverse format of Deep Forest, I prefer the flow of the normal way much more. :D
  3. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    WOW, that's cool, I never spotted that before, I'll have to be more observant. :8
  4. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I've done far too many races the normal way and I like the high speed nature of the circuit in Reverse which should allow more room for passing.
  5. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Only been there since last week ;)
  6. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Ok, I'll get some practice at the reverse track. ;)
  7. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    PP changed to 475 as the standard M3 can reach that.
  8. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I tested a M3 '04 and the GTR(don;t have a standard CSL yet) and got these times:
    M3 '04: 1:22.0
    M3 GTR: 1:21.6

The GTR felt alot easer to drive at the limit and its much lighter so its likely to be better on Tyres so I would say just from this, limiting the GTR to non Div 1 drivers, i would assume the CSL is the same story as the GTR.
  9. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    i'd just drop the m3 then it should be a lot closer
  10. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    yeah i guess, Ill try get a CSL to test soon and I should have a solution.
  11. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I gave the M3 04 and the CSL a run last night at 470 PP and on SS tyres, I only had time to do 3 laps in the CSL followed by 2 in the M3. They were within a hundredth of each other for me but as I used the M3 second it could be growing track familiarisation that counted. Indeed the CSL is much more settled but a little slower on the straight. At this stage I would probably run the CSL as I would probably make less mistakes over a long distance. I will try the GTR and the others again at 475PP tonight if I get time.
  12. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    Sorry to crash in on the parade, you guys ever thought of doing a multiclass race/series? You get class winners for each car?
  13. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    It is a good idea. also I have been cooking up a plan to run a small series of mixed races. Over about 4 weeks we would go to a different track each week and run a couple of 10 minute races for perhaps Caterhams and Commodores as support events and finish with a half hour feature race for something fast like a Formula GT or GT500. The support events could change each week but the feature race would be a championshiop season

Perhaps after season 12.
  14. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I was thinking somthing like that yesterday, but i thought the cars are probably too close for that.

But I guess its a good idea and gives the div 3 and 4 guys something to strive for, ill test the CSL and if its similar to the GTR then ill leave those two to the lower div guys with the standards going to the fast guys.

Something like Overall champion and Class Champion.
  15. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Sounds good to me, particularly if you don't impose a PP limit:D
    I think we lower Div guys could almost keep up then and make you Div1/2 guys work hard. My initial testing has me about 2 seconds off your pace.
  16. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Perhaps you could limit the PP to about 490 to even out the GTR and CSL and give the slower guys about a 15 PP advantage over the M3 04. I think if you can arrange the outright PP level so that the standard M3 is about a second to a second and a half slower than the CSL/GTR we could have a very close tussle. We would be racing for class honours and it would also be close for outright.
  17. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Yeah thats what im thinking, ill set the PP to the max the CSL can reach and that should give a decent advantage and make it much closer for Overall as well, keep in mind the CSL and GTR are lighter so you can probably use softs for long enough to make a decent stint out of them(they dont last long on a standard M3 to the point its not worth using them except for qualifying).
  18. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Ok i changed the OP I have made 2 Classes, Pro and Sport Class and ill put people in by where I Think they would be best suited.

Emmo Whats the CSLs maximum PP? As ill set the sport class limit to that.
  19. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I could also make another class strictly for Division 4 racers as well by going maximum PP on the GTR if people want that as well.
  20. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    As they come from the UCD there is a 7 PP difference between them for a low mileage car, 490 for the CSL and 497 for the GTR. I haven't done an oil change on either but I suspect the difference will still be about 7 PP after the oil change. I will have a look tonight when I get home.
    The Div 4 idea sounds good, that would be three classes in the one race and would work if there are enough of each DIV to make a race of it per class and very interesting for outright. Perhaps if there are at least three in each Div it can be split.