Season 10 - Division 1- Powered by TURTLE BEACH

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jun 24, 2016.

1. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffaaaarrrr out I'm annoyed at that DSC tonight, had 4th absolutely locked down! Fffffffffffkk!
    Crunch likes this.
  2. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Pole: warrior2167 (1:12.354)
    [​IMG]
    10th party Lap 27 (1:13.124)
    11th natman Lap 8 (1:13.145)
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
    emmo46 likes this.
  3. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Who was 10th??
    warrior2167 and Crunch like this.
  4. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Qualifying: 4th

After getting a scare because I went to track after the 1st reset and then the 2nd reset crashed my system - thank you everyone for waiting, that was very generous - my lap was absolutely optimal because the 1:12.8 was my PB.
    I was quite happy with the time, but starting 4th I knew would make for a hard race.

Race: 7th

I got a mediocre start, and that was compounded by braking early into turn1, meaning I lost 2 places. For the rest of the stint, I was trying to get past @B-Spec Bob, but that was very hard to get to stick. Some passing manoeuvres were a bit dubious on my part too, so thank goodness nothing awful transpired. At one point in the stint, we were losing heaps of time to the drivers behind (and in front, but that wasn't much of my consideration) and I considered just staying behind and holding station. I decided after a lap that that wasn't going to be good, as I'd either lose the tow from Bob or I'd get swallowed up by @BMWF30328. The battle was hard fought from my perspective, and Bob did exceptionally if he had to deal with lagg from me as well. Going back to what I said was dubious, I'd sometimes run wide for instance around the Colosseum and one time on the last corner and another time at the Circus Maximus apex, so Bob should know that most of our contacts during the corners are catered for by my driving. A good battle though, and one day I'll beat Bob (I've been saying that for months now).

On lap 17, I spun at the kerbed fast right hander. Possibly due to inattentiveness, but I'd also stuck to Bob throughout the stint and at the end BMW passed me, so I gathered that my tyres couldn't hold on much longer. It was really unfortunate that I spun though. Ultimately, I think that cost me only 2 places though, as I don't think that I could have stuck with Bob or @Motorsports560.

Pitted that same lap for Mediums, and just drove it home.
    --

It was great to have a superb race again though. It was another reminder of how keen I am for GT SPORT, with an iRacing-esque ranking system and dedicated servers. I'll definitely be practising for next week's final race!
  5. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    There were only 11 drivers, 11th and 12th should be 10th and 11th.
  6. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thought that might be the case. Thanks
  7. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    I'm very satisfied with my performance last night. I put it mostly down to a season-best qualifying performance, which gave me a front row start. Warrior had the edge on me all race, so I focused on cementing 2nd place. Congrats Dave, the championship is pretty much yours at this point.
    warrior2167, arakasi- and emmo46 like this.
  8. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

For me, I've found the single biggest issue with F1 2016, it makes it difficult to be motivated to plug the PS3 back in so I can practice GT6!
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  9. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Agreed.
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  11. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Overall the racing was a success for me. Ended up 3rd in qualifying which was my best result for the season so far, Got a good launch off the line and was able to maintain position for the majority of the race. Battled Bryan for a large amount of the first stint and a slight mishap on my half which required a redress gave Warrior the gap he needed to cruise away to another easy win.
    Second stint was a nightmare i put more fuel in the car than i needed to and lost track time to Bryan giving him an easy second my pace on mediums was appalling. Bob caught me easily and cruised on by with 3 to go. After that it was the case of holding onto a division 1b victory as Holdenman was charging up behind, Ultimately Holden ran out of laps and i ended up in 4th relieved i didn't have to drive on those rubbish mediums anymore.
    It feels weird that this upcoming sunday will be my last competitive race on GT6. Yes i did mention earlier in a post i was considering calling it a day with the rubbish gt6 online servers and a game in which i've played for 3 years constantly. But now with myself upgrading to the PS4 console it will be my last race on GT6 so let's hope it's a good finish to a long 3 years.
    warrior2167 and REVO_Bryan like this.
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Hope we see you again in GT Sport.
  13. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    As Arnold Scwarzenegger famously said "I'll Be Back" :thumbsup:
    Crunch and emmo46 like this.
  14. holdenman05

holdenman05 Team Driver

PSN ID
    holdenman05
    what bout sierra? you better be there
    StigsTC likes this.
  15. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    You've slightly misread my post, Im saying Daytona will be my final run on GT6. Sierra is simply not possible i'll be on a plane. Before the Sierra rerun the plan was to run all 7 rounds then go holidaying for a week then be back for the Race Of Champions. Sadly the rerun pushed all remaining rounds back a week and put me in this position so yeah that's life.
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  16. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Just a quick note for Sunday guys.

The game releases you from the pits towards the braking zone for T1.
    You need to ensure that you take the FULL pit exit road to the left of the fence.
  17. AUSnicko9

AUSnicko9 Professional

PSN ID
    aussie_nicko
    Apologies for my poor attendance this season guys, uni schedule has been hectic.
    Will come along for a run tonight, see everyone there! :thumbsup:
  18. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    And the penalty for not doing so is..?
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Time penalty.
    Equivalent of a drive through penalty but given after the race
    B-Spec Bob, JonoStan96 and REVO_Bryan like this.
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Everyone please be aware of the pit exit as outlined above for tonight.

Failure to take the full pit lane exit will be met with a time penalty equivalent to a drive through added to your final race time.
    JonoStan96 likes this.