Season 10 - Division 1- Powered by TURTLE BEACH

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jun 24, 2016.

1. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    The issue has been brought up before, but I believe we have always run the same compound(s). From what I recall, the problems with differing compounds are related to comparing race pace across the divisions, and the headache it would cause for creating handicaps for the RoC.
    AUSnicko9 likes this.
  2. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Just an overall wrap for last night.
    Firstly i couldn't get into the room for half and hour something to do with my/crunch's connection not connecting up
    Secondly the comfort softs around Ascari were actually not as bad as i first thought. Though i was 2+ seconds of the pace of @AUSnicko9
    Thirdly running CS on a dark, 100% wet track twisty track like Apricot Hill wasn't particularly enjoyable
    And last Circuito de la Sierra is going to be a pain when it comes to remembering all the corners i felt like a tractor that particular race
  3. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

One thing that doesn't seem to have been mentioned, this car comes fitted with SH tyres as standard.
    From what I saw last night, running CS is only going to benefit the quicker drivers and serve to increase the performance gap in pace between drivers which ultimately means less close racing.
    At Ascari it also served to amplify the effects of getting a little tap from the side at the back, on sports tyres I could have corrected what would have been a more manageable slide, but on CS I was little more than a passenger.
    Crunch, REVO_Bryan, Hatfield and 2 others like this.
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  5. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    I am hardly qualified to comment really but I see no logic in going backwards in handling to C.S (S.H. comes with car)
    I feel the logic falls between S.H & S.S
    While S.H. are possibly more appropriate to the car and "more fun", I agree with Benny on the racing point of view.
    I saw far too many good drivers spinning out and losing control often just from "kisses".
    I think for the best "racing" outcome, in all divisions, S.M &, or, S.S would be the most suitable.
    Crunch likes this.
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    how was your pace compared to others in the room?
  7. AUSnicko9

AUSnicko9 Professional

PSN ID
    aussie_nicko
    Based on the comments from many D1 drivers it looks like SH would be a good compromise.
  8. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Not too bad, better at some tracks than others,
    I don't mind if I come last in Div. 1B., just good to race with faster drivers than myself.
  9. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ok well that makes that easy :)
  10. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  11. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Will have to make sure I get into the race room early to make sure it's not full
  12. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @MINT_GTR won't be at each round & @Pringles_947 is down as an extra if all other 16 show up.

IF we get all 17 show for round one, I MAY have to move @NAACS down to div 2...
  13. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    All entrants could be a little more forth coming if they won't be able to attend
    Crunch and REVO_Bryan like this.
  14. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    You only have 11 signups in div 2, 4 of whom were unable to attend most rounds last season for varying reasons. Why are you so scared of Naacs being in div 2? His pace would've been good for div 2 last season, but you have to consider how different it would've been if he wasn't doing them in clean div 3 air.
    Crunch likes this.
  15. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I agree Naacs should be div 2.
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    he is now
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Just some general points for our first race at monza 80's on Sunday.
    Obviously it is easy to accidentally cut some of the corners, but the 2 wheels on the ripple strip still applies. Anyone caught cutting or running wide consistently will be penalised.
    Be especially careful on the exit of the final chicane as the ripple strip ends but the tarmac keeps going. You should be back to having 2 wheels on the line once the ripple strip ends.
    Don't cut the pit entry/exit lines.
    Be careful rejoining after an off. Just because you rejoin off the racing line, does not mean you won't get cleaned up by another car attempting an overtake or running wide not on the racing line.
    We had an incident in practice where someone was rejoining after sliding off parabolic (final turn) and someone else was wide on exit but still on track and they collided.
    warrior2167 likes this.
  18. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Formula1 is allowed to run wide at Ascari because it doesn't make any difference to track time. I know this car is very different, but it'll be a case of cutting the bejeebus out of the apex to get a run onto the straight, or running wide.

It's also a bit of a Monza winner's circle secret that you can't qualify on pole if you don't cut (sorta like drugs in sport).

Please don't shoot the messenger.
    REVO_Bryan likes this.
  19. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  20. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Round 1 results (provisional)
    [​IMG]
    warrior2167, B-Spec Bob and Motors560 like this.