Season 7 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Thanks everyone for showing up!
    Great practice session, and only 1 or 2 minor hiccups.

See you all next week
  2. inline 6

inline 6 New Recruit

im making an all important change to bright green before the season starts, after hours of testing ive found green to give me the .05 second advantage on all tracks.

that and someone else has bright yellow and i need to be different so everyone can quickly identify i caused the 10 car pile up :)
  3. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

So you are going from Bumblebee to Kermit The Frog :lol:
  4. jas002

jas002 New Recruit

Hey Guys

Awesome turn out for last friday i hope that we get that every night should make for good racing.

Good luck everyone!!!!!

Race on
  5. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    you mean sunday jas? :)
  6. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok guys, just a few things to tidy up before R1 on Sunday night.

10 min Qualifying starts @ 8:10 pm EST
    Race start is 8:20pm EST

1. You CANT mix your tires in the same stint. The same compound must be used front and back at all times. Also, you must use both the Soft and Medium compound at some stage. The penalty for NOT running both compounds at some stage will be 1 minute added to your race time.

2. Pit lane WILL BE CLOSED during the 10 min qualifying period. This is to stop anyone from 'accidentally' swapping from the the soft to the mediums after they have set a time in the softs. If people were to do that it would disadvantage the drivers behind and give an unfair advantage. The Division captain will advise of the procedure that best suits them on race night.

3. WHEELS CAN BE CHANGED IN GT AUTO, but you will need to reset your gearbox settings to default before you go to track. If you dont it will block you from entering the track as the room is "tuning prohibited".

4. THE CONCRETE VERGE IN TURN 3 (Deep Forest) IS NOT PART OF THE TRACK. you must have , or be attempting to have, at least 2 wheels on the track at all times. People caught "consistently cutting" to gain advantage will be penalized at the end of the race.

Please read both the driver standards thread ........

http://raceonoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=727

and race protest thread .........

http://raceonoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1025

So we can all have a great , hassle free season.

Good luck guys, hope you enjoy Season 7.

Stu and Miki
  7. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    hey stevisaa if you want to confirm your colour and car number you can do it here

The first post lists the current drivers and their number and colours
  8. stevisa

stevisa New Recruit

stevisa bright green/ white wheels #5
  9. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Anyone willing to give up a ball park figure on lap tap times for the first round?
  10. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Welcome stevisa, hope you have fun, it's a great bunch of blokes.

Yeah Rumble, getting around 1:12 on softs, occasionally dipping into the 11s
  11. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Thanks gary. And yes, welcome stevisa :)
  12. Pricey_777

Pricey_777 Wesley

White with gold rims. I can change if needed. #33
  13. sirdave

sirdave New Recruit

Thanks for clarifying the concrete verge on turn 3......I always wondered about that.....there goes another tenth or two. :)
  14. stevisa

stevisa New Recruit

hi guys excited to be here! im in mid 11s using softs...so i seem to be around here. i have no idea how people would manage 9s, seems impossible
  15. stevisa

stevisa New Recruit

hey guys im a beginner, just entered division 3 2 days ago. I wasnt here for the practise race last sunday so I wanna ask a few questions, or perhaps you can give me some helpful advice!

l how many newcomers are there in div 3? and do you guys use steering wheels or controllers?
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Good luck tonight guys,

Just a reminder for qualy with all the banter over the last few days....

Pit lane is CLOSED during the 10 minute qualifying period, so you need to decide what tires you are going to start on before you go to track.

Once your tires are worn so that you cant better your time, please park your car off the circuit away from other competitors.

Remember you need to run both the medium and soft compound at some stage. Anyone not running both compounds will be penalized 1 minute.

Please be aware of other competitors on fast laps or if you are recovering from an off track excursion. Finding a clean lap out of the traffic is all part of the challenge ;)

We should see a range of different strategies that should keep the result unknown till the final few laps...

Enjoy guys, looking forward to see the results and your race reports (compulsory by the way :p :) ) tomorrow.

Lets fire the forum up !!

Stu
  17. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

I am new to D3 after being relegated from D2 last season. I use a wheel.
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yeah stevisa, there are a couple of new guys in div 3....yourself, jasoo2 is back after a few seasons off, rumbles and RBRacing are back from div 2, inline has joined after getting the bug in Anons monday night series, so there are few guys like yourself new to that division.

As far as wheel V controller, im not really sure to be honest......prob 60% use a wheel ???

Good luck tonight mate, i hope you enjoy it, it generally takes a few races to find your feet so stick with it and see where you end up at the end of the season.

Stu
  19. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Hi guys

I might be a bit late tonight, but should be back online for race time. Doesn't matter to much if i miss practice and qualy, but i should be there for the race start, or if you could make it 8.30pm that would be awesome.

Definately be there though!! Don't start without me!! LOL

(unless it gets to 8.30pm and i'm not online).

Cheers
  20. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Had a few drinks thanks to the FFA final.. I will still be driving tonight, but you probably won't see any change :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.