SEASON 9 INFO & FEED BACK......PLEASE READ and POST ANY PROBLEMS!!!!

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by aussie_man21, Oct 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    Ok fellas

Firstly i would like to welcome all the new drivers that are running they first season with ROOZ.. Good Luck!

Ok fellas the last couple of weeks to a month here has been pretty full on with everything, and PSN being a bit up and down.

So just a couple of reminders to All Drivers.

Please make sure you at the very least have the Host and Back up Host in your freinds list.

So you can get in, Please have this done Well before tonight's race. YOUR Host/s are in the #1 post in your DIV thread.

Check YOUR DIV start times and please try your best to get into the room on time.

Check the TYRE REGS & RULES. Both are Also in #1 post.

Ok if you are unsure on anything just ask room Host, Stu or even Me.. All will help you out.

Lastly have a good time tonight fellas, Check those mirrors and try your best to keep it clean..

GOOD LUCK FELLAS and let the battle begin. :D

CHEERS
    Admin & Mods of ROOZ
  2. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    Just remember if you have ANY PROBLEMS with ANY DRIVER in a race or on the forum DO NOT USE PUBLIC THREADS!!!

Use the PM system (contact Room Captain and a moderator) at the top of the INDEX PAGE just above the Shout Box.

Cheers
    Stu & aussie..

EDIT:
    The PM ICON has vanished into thin air!!!! :/

So new drivers if you have to PM someone about a problem, you will have to do the following.

1. find the room host/captain or Moderator in either the uesr list or a thread (1 of their posts).
    2. click on the PM under their name or in their profile to PM that person.

PM stands for PRIVATE MESSAGE, If you didn't know..

Edit again UMMMMMMM the PM system has vanished all together UMMMMMM so keep the info here will contact Admin see what hell is going on...
  3. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

With Fuji being a sprint round of short lap volume per race, is RH still the main tyre option or we going to make the option tyre (RS) the tyre choice we need to comply with?
  4. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    not to sure Squeaky...

@Stu
    Did we want to make the sprint round at Fuji

both SOFTS TYRES RACES?
    or
    1 OF EACH? (hards race 1st then softs race 2nd)
    or
    both HARDS TYRE RACES?

I'm easy with what goes on, i'm leaning towards the soft tyres. but the question is will they take the pounding for 20mins ???

Hards will make the race with out a problem.. So i might jump on and do some testing.

So if every can post what they think that would give us mods a insight to what yous fellas are thinking too..

and once i have done some testing today i will post HERE IN THIS THREAD with the results of my findings
  5. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    could run with the meds?

best of both worlds, life and grip
  6. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    yeah could do that to, will test that as well.
  7. cjmonkey610

cjmonkey610 Rookie

softs hold up fine from what ive seen.. it's only a sprint race after all.
  8. NUGGET-22

NUGGET-22 Rookie

PSN ID
    xX---BURGO---Xx
    something different could be a sprint race on each compound.

Race 1 Softs with 5 min quali
    Race 2 Hards with 5 min quali
    *full points for each race to determine overall standings*

the only thing with that is we miss out on the reverse grid this way. i dont really mind what we do just thought id throw something out there lol.
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    it is only 13 laps......i do think that the softs will be fine......They should last long enough easily...
  10. Aza2672

Aza2672 Aron Baker Gold Member

PSN ID
    AB_Saints_25 (Formerly Aza2672)
    Yeah I did 13 laps round fuji Sunday night on softs and I couldv'e gone another 3 - 4 laps so I think we should race on the softs
  11. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    yeah me too i did 20 laps before i made a big mistake and got a 10sec penalty.

So i'm happy to run the softs for both sprint races.
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    softs it is !

Thanks for all the ontrack your doing aussie, drowning again here... :(
  13. greendog

greendog Rookie

how about we stick with reverse grid and make it that u have to run one of each in each race so if u run softs in first race u have to run hards in the next would make it interesting and still get ppl doing differnt strategys. how many laps are we doing in each race in the sprint is it 20
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ummmmm, best to keep the format as we have done in the past i think guys.

The point structure works well and i think tinkering with it might brake something that aint broke.....

I do like the strategy play there greeny, but it means we have to change the way the point structure would work. Those starting on the hards in race 2, which is half points might be starting there through no fault of there own....being stuck on hards wont see them improve against guys that might be lucky to be on the softs in race 2....
  15. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Hey Stu,
    I know it is not applicable to this weekends round, but for future rounds and series the gap between lap times on hards and softs seems a little too large, thus enabling those who figured it out that the lap times spent on softs is far quicker than staying on hards and doing one less pitstop.

It has created a situation where guys are qualifying on hards, doing one race lap, then pitting and doing the remainder of the race on softs.
    Yes they are doing the extra stop but the time they make up is far in excess of the time lost on the extra stop. I can now see this strategy being copied by nearly all who want to be up the pointy end (and lets face it who doesn't) which in effect totally negates the goal of having differing strategies to spice things up. It seems that now there is only one viable strategy to be competitive which everyone will use, making a mockery of a two tyre series.

This is not sour grapes at all, and the results would probably be the same regardless, but I feel the margins would be a bit tighter and I would have done the same thing myself if I had of thought of it, BUT.... while this strategy is within the current rules, I feel that it is not really in the spirit of the competition.

I realise that creating a minimum laps on hard tyres rule would possibly be too hard to police (but I'm sure we've done it in other series, I can't remember), a viable solution could be to have the two tyre types a bit closer in lap times as to not tempt the one lap on :):):):) tyre strategy.

Just a thought dude

Cheers
  16. cjmonkey610

cjmonkey610 Rookie

another option is simply to limit each driver to ONE pitstop only? that would ensure the RS vs RH strategy is still meaningful i think.
  17. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Yeah good call monkey man possibly another good option
  18. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    yeah no probs Stu anytime mate ;)
  19. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    @Cob & CJ
    yeah i too have nocticed this abit..

Its a bloody joke i know. 1 lap on the hards not a stint!!! well i think anyway!!

The 2 tyre season was there to make things a bit more interesting, Not easy for some1 not to practise all week and then jump in Sunday and smash the whole race softs.

it's bloody stupid!!!!! But people abuse systems, no matter what it is.. and it usely called ummmmm i better keep my mouth shut here :p

On a better note.
    The 1 pit stop and minium lap rules great ideas fellas both are very easy to police have this sprint round to get out of the way.
    Then will talk to some of the mod boys see what we can do.

Keep the the idea and thoughts comings guys. top work.
    Loving the snowball effect :D
  20. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    we should have one sprint on softs and one on hards aussie
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.