SEASON 9 INFO & FEED BACK......PLEASE READ and POST ANY PROBLEMS!!!!

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by aussie_man21, Oct 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greendog

greendog Rookie

yeah tweak away stu im sure it will still b fun and as to the sprint round should we just use the medium tyres for booth sprint racers use it as a bit of a test run and c what every one thinks and then if we like it change to 1 stop and use softs and mediums
  2. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

I just randomly picked that strategy to be honest, I didn't do any testing, and almost no practice. It just seemed like the right thing to do. I'm sure some people tested it out, and if it worked, good on em.
  3. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

We originally went for the 2 tire races when the new tire model came out, now it has reverted back to the old tire model may have to go back to the one tire. There was nothing wrong with the one lap on hards, I see no sense in running the hard if everyone is now going to pit on lap one, there is no strategy in that anymore.
    The soft might be a bit over tired but be the go if it drops off before half race distance, it then still offers a viable pit strategy race. You can pit early and maintain lap times then hope you can hold on to the end or pit later and run ya couple of slower laps mid race and come home on fresher tires and less fuel. Just an idea from observation and very little participation but put your 2 bobs worth in guys, need to get this sorted for the next race and want it to be what you want.

There was testing done before the series started but its hard to take into account the differing ware from track to track and with little time since the release of the new tire model and only a few guys doing the testing there was always going to be the need for some tweaking.
    The organisers have selected a good car and series of tracks to offer yet another great rooze season, there are changes needed and with the community input it will be an even better series and it all helps for future series, so "speak up now or forever hold your peace".
    The closer the racing the more enjoyable it is and with every tweak made to the series thats our primary objective, this thread is a good place to nut it all out before implementing them, appreciate all input.
  4. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Theve gone back to the old model? Casue if they have softs shouldnt last that long I think most of it was caused by softs wearing so slow.

Now random post for the day
    [​IMG]
  5. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Just got back from work trip and found this, :/

Why don't we still run the soft and hards, but have an "X" number of lap minimum on the hards at any point of the race as it was in Enforcer's mazda series?

Just my input into the matter, and I support any decision made for the remainder of this season, but would like to think that we have better feed back from racers in the tyre, cars, and regs polls leading into a season than what I witnessed at the beginning of this season.
  6. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    I think the main problem Clevo was that the tyre model changed less than a week before the first race.
  7. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    thats it barra it made it hard as hell to get back around ALL the tracks and do the same amount of testing i did before the change.

I TESTED dam near every track besides 5-6 tracks took me more then 2 weeks.

So i would like to say sorry to every1 and any1 that give a rats arse. but its 1 of those things that just happen.

i've worked my arse off to get this season up and going as did Stu. (WE ARE ONLY HUMAN UNLIKE SOME)
    thanks a tonne to a hand full of the boys here that did help out, took some preasure off. you know who yous are THANKS HEAPS ;)
  8. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

I hate hats!!!! lolzors cracks me up :) Na all good aussie dont fret, all the regulars are cool. I guess it might throw new ppl to the league though.

We aphreciate all both you and stu and everyone else has done.
  9. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    Thanks Tek, it not so much as i fretting m8, it's just when some1 kicks you in the guts in a roundabout way.
    it just really get me angry, specially when they have no grounds to do what they did.

but you know what they say respect easy but once you lose it, its 1 of the hardest things to get back!!!
  10. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    My 2 pence (being that I am currently in the UK) is that 1 lap stints on any tyre is OK. I don't think this strategy would work on every track either. I dont think this would have worked at Monza for instance as the lap times were a lot closer between the 2 compounds.

Had this strategy not been used by a racewinner, I don't think the same outcry would exist.

Let's not get into changing regulations mid season again. That's a bit daft IMO. Changes should be left to the next season.
  11. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    OK guys .....

Thanks for all your feed back. As usual there are some great points made by all, and it is inevitable that whatever we come up with there will be some that wont agree with what is decided.

I managed to do a minimal amount of testing with Aussie last night and i still think there is too much difference between the soft and hard tire. At Laguna there is about 4 secs per lap between the hard and soft with a 27 second pit stop there. The softs last about 10 laps before they go off, the hards 'about' 20 laps

SO, in my mind we have 3 options to get to where we intended to be at the start of the season with the 2 tire model.

1. An easier way is for EVERYONE would be to qual and start on the hard, pits closed till lap 12, can pit anytime after that and run the soft till the end. Strategy comes from how long you stay on the hard in the first stint and how you look after the tires. i think that would work well......

2. We keep the hard and the soft tire, but you must run a MINIMUM of 12 laps (at any time in the race) on the hard tire. Qual will stay as is, you start the race on the tire you qualify on. Time consuming for the host / captain / mods

3. We change to the soft and MEDIUM tire with no minimum laps on either of the compounds. Qual to stay as is.

The fact is there are so many variables with the new tire model there is no perfect solution (other than running just 1 tire !) ......

Pick your preference..
    Stu
  12. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Forcing drivers to do a set minimum number of laps on an inferior compound will remove nearly all the strategy elements. If you start on hards and must do at least 12 laps, anyone who stays out longer needs their brain checked. Every extra lap you stay our on hards you will lose a massive amount of time to the others drivers. I can almost guarentee that 10 lap old softs will still be faster than new hards, that seems to be a universal rule.

The answer is to change to softs/meds I think. Meds/hards may also be viable. Qualy on what you want, and you must at least do 1 lap on the inferior rubber. I reckon that formula should be tested over the next week if we are having this sunday off.

If our races went for about double the current duration, strategy would really come into play as there would be a huge amount of options. It is present, but it is fairly diluted with the current race length. If we use multiple compounds there are really very few options as the race unfolds at the moment, but it does make it more interesting for sure.
  13. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    In theory you are right, but track position could and probably will determine when you came in for your first stop. Glad you said "nearly all the strategy elements" in your first line !!

you are also right that the length of our races reduces our options as far as running the 2 tires.

for simplicity i like option 1, for more strategy options i like the soft and med combo.

Or we could say, screw it, take all the hassle out of it and just run the medium tire. Fixes all our problems !!

We just want to get something finalised.

And yes, im getting close to needing to get my head read !
  14. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    I don't think there is any real need to over complicate this,

What about leaving it as it is BUT allowing only 1 pit stop, this allows an open strategy based on an indivduals use and or ability to make the soft tyres last, (go fast chew up softs, more time on hards/ back of a little bit, less time on hards etc.) this negates the need to police a minimum number of laps on a tyre while still allowing drivers to make their own choices.
    No testing required.

Failing that softs/meds may work but could require some testing so as to avoid the possibility of the same thing occuring.

Cheers
  15. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    thats a great idea cob, and it would be the simplest rule change to implement. this would get my vote.
    ps. or it could be made that you can only use one set of softs to make it easier to implement into the enduro.
  16. NUGGET-22

NUGGET-22 Rookie

PSN ID
    xX---BURGO---Xx
    well this post doesnt make much sense now E's post was removed hahaha but ill leave it here anyway.

yeh ur out of line cause once again you cant read properly.
    i have read through the posts and nowhere can i find someone saying not to start on the tyre you qualify on? and i think i know the post ur talking about but it doesnt say what ur claiming.

E seriously read things properly
  17. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

I apologise for accidently outsmarting you at Suzuka. I didn't realise winning was a crime.
  18. NUGGET-22

NUGGET-22 Rookie

PSN ID
    xX---BURGO---Xx
    Cob this is the best and easiest fix so far. for us to not implement a 1 stop rule and change tyre compounds instead would be stupid.

1 Big vote for 1 stop only rule and staying with Soft/Hard compounds.
  19. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    I vote for Cob's idea too :)
  20. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Not my idea, cjmonkey man mentioned it way back on page 1 of this thread. I just ran with it.

Cheers
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.