SEASON 9 INFO & FEED BACK......PLEASE READ and POST ANY PROBLEMS!!!!

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by aussie_man21, Oct 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    100% right. I know for series 10 the choice will come down to the tire that lasts closest to 70% race distance. With a season under our belts with this model will be an easy thing to run with.

As for this series, i think as you say, just getting in and driving, this reg change will fix the need for guys to spend hours testing the fastest way round.......so it fits that theory. The 2 tire rule was added to mix things up a bit given we dont tune on sundays. Back then the tires went off so fast that it was easy to pick two tires that would require 1 or 2 stops, depending on what strategy you ran.

For the remaining rounds you just need to know what your fastest lap time is on each compound and its pretty easy to work out what suits you. Its not like we have changed the compound or anything.

Should be all good.......

Stu
  2. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Now all we need to do is work out if the pit amount for the Enduro. My guess would be limit it to 3 but that is without doing any testing but knowing what Le Sarthe '05 is like, that should cover it. I think a 2 stopper there will hurt the racing too much.
  3. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Or we just do it where you only run 1 stint on the softs, rest of the race on the hards.

You choose when to use the soft tyre.
  4. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

That would also work :)
  5. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Think of it as more of a "Clarification" that ensures the original intent of the rules is followed.. . . (i.e. FIA/F1 style rule tweak)

It's not anyone in the league's fault that the tyre strategies turned out like they did.
    It's Polyphony Digital's continuing inability to come up with tyre models that complement each other.
    The soft lasts & stays quick way too long, the Hard isn't fast enough to be competitive. Simple.

So we should yell at PD, not each other !

As for LeMans - How about one stint per tyre only, on each compound? (Soft, Medium, Hard) ?
    That means you can run your strategy any way you want, no single-lap stints, plenty of passing & dicing with folk on different tyres.
  6. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Sounds like a simple, effective solution to me...

I have a feeling 2 stops might be enough at Sarthe - the long straights don't exactly burn tyres
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I tossed that idea around natman but after thinking about it we will keep the hard and soft option as per the other rounds.

So the enduro regs will be..........

Hard and soft compound.

You can only run 1 stint on the soft tire.

Start the race on the tire you qualify on.

Stu
  8. zampli

zampli Team Driver

The latest update for Gran Turismo 5 is now available, and offers a few minor tweaks along with a timely change (given one of the questions in my recent interview with Kazunori Yamauchi) to the engine sound of the Honda Weider HSV-010.

Heres the official change log as announced by Polyphony Digital; as always, stop by our GT5 Forum for more analysis and discussion of the undocumented changes by our community members.
    The [Tire/Fuel Consumption] settings under [Event Settings] of the Online Lounge can now be set in four levels; None, Normal, Fast, and Very Fast.
    The view during 3D display has been improved.
    The speed of tire wear varied too greatly depending on the vehicle in some cases, and this has been balanced.
    Improved the scoring method in drift trials to prevent cheating
    The maximum RPM of the Honda Weider HSV-010 (SUPER GT) 11 has been changed to 10300rpm. The engine sound has also been improved.
    Fixed an issue where enemy cars were hitting the pit entrance wall when pitting in at the Twin Ring Motegi Road Course East.
    Fixed an issue where fuel was not being consumed when entering an endurance race with a Prius, or when setting tires and fuel to be consumed in the online lounge. Affected cars: Toyota Prius G 02, Toyota Prius G 09, Toyota Prius G Touring Selection 03, Toyota Prius Touring Car.
    Fixed an issue where the online control characteristics differed from the offline characteristics.
    ^^^^is this a bad thing?
  9. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    just see all this will report back when i have tested the changes.. GRRR GT5 needs to make up its god dam mind. :mad:
  10. NUGGET-22

NUGGET-22 Rookie

PSN ID
    xX---BURGO---Xx
    so with this last round @ Laguna with so many ppl running out of fuel and DSQs. i cant help but think we as a community possible jumped the gun a little in regards to the 1 stop only regulation because of the 1 lap hard strategy used @ Suzuka. myself i couldnt see the big deal about it. obviously im bias because it is the strategy that i used lol. i personally didnt think it could be done again with the remaining tracks therefore no need to make regulation changes but thats only my opinion. basically what im saying is if there wasnt as much as an uproar after suzuka the fuel crisis last night wouldn't have been an issue. people could have pitted again and scored points as per usual.

i guess the better option for the tyre rule would have been:
    *****DRIVERS ARE ONLY ALLOCATED 1 SET OF SOFT TYRES FOR EACH RACE***** no restrictions on how many time you pit.
    hindsight is a wonderful thing lol.

Admin & Mods you guys have my and im sure everyones full respect. not an easy job and we wouldnt have a league without you guys doing what you do.
    remember guys the mods have only reviewed and made changes to the reg because of the majority of members voiced their opinions. mods dont make changes cause they feel like it, they are responding to what the majority want!!

end of thoughts lol
  11. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Nice sentiment Nugget. Cyber has also picked up on that subtlety and the ruling has been tweaked...
    Comes back to my point about trying not to over-regulate the series in a way. But as has been said already, big kudos to the mods organising the season, especially Stu and Aussie. They have gone out of their way to get input from all you guys and implement the majority on most every aspect of the series. Respect.

Just a freindly reminder, not an accusation :) - More than cutting them some slack (stu is too humble) these guys deserve your gratittude. No one on the mod team gets paid, or gets any special perks for being a mod. In fact we get extra work.. defending the site from thousands of spammers and cleaning out their posts. The mod team does this off their own back out of their own free time because they have a passion for sim racing and seeing this community thrive.

Cheers guys. Keep up the good work and the good attitudes. ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.