SEASON 9 INFO & FEED BACK......PLEASE READ and POST ANY PROBLEMS!!!!

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by aussie_man21, Oct 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Dis is for discussing and putting forward your ideas for changes, no abuse or foul language will be tolerated. Offensive post will be removed for foul language used in them.

I think we should be implementing that all teams are given only one set of each the hard and soft and will have to work out how far they are prepared to go on the softs (great suggestion Cob via cjmonkey) . I think you should start on the tires you qualify on so those planing on running hards first don't slow down those that decided to start on the softs. You then have the one pit stop to change from the soft to hards or hards to softs. All just have to be careful not to forget to change selection when pitting (happend to me in annons series, had to pit again)

Tire choice was added to increase the fun, recent changes have made it harder to set rules but i think we should go with this but keep suggestions coming and we can use them for consideration for future seasons.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Righto you lot, who let off the grenade ? !!

Good idea CJ and cob.

Put simply i want to get this sorted tonight, am sick of it to be honest. It wasnt meant to be this hard.

i think i have some time to test tonight so will double check that a stint on hards and softs will make the distance of 32 laps at laguna.

If its ok distance wise, unless someone can point out why we dont run the rest of the series (enduro excluded because we wont get that race done on one stop) with a limit of 1 stop per race that WILL be the new regulation for the remainder of the series. Start the race on the tire you qualify on, must run both compounds and only 1 stop allowed.

So all the testing you will need to do is see how far you can push that good old soft tire.

Can i also add, while we like a bit of robust debate (not a mass-debate Aussie) please keep it civil. Member abuse is against the rules and not warranted. People have a right to put forward their view just as much as your right to disagree.

Will put this to bed tomorrow after i test it tonight.

Come join if you like, does me good to have a laugh !

Stu
  3. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    Don't forget the enduro, more than 1 pit stop will be required
  4. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yep, said that already in post above cyber.

Dont even want to think about what we will do for the enduro.
  5. greendog

greendog Rookie

what time u running ur test stu. i think one stop is a good idea too. it might be worth in the future looking at what they do in the f1 with offring diffrent compounds for diffrent racers, i understand it would mean extra work for u guys to sort out at the start of the season but think it would make it interesting and add to the fun might be something to think about, or just a silly idea on my part lol
  6. Aza2672

Aza2672 Aron Baker Gold Member

PSN ID
    AB_Saints_25 (Formerly Aza2672)
    I think this sounds like a good idea and I would be willing to help out to make it happen I just think it would add to the stategy of a race if it was different tyre compounds for different races like they do in F1 good idea Greendog:cool:
  7. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Maybe we could impliment that in the future. Dont want to complicate things to much.
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok, thanks to the guys who came and tested with myself and Aussie last night.

Butters, Aza, cob, greendog. Much appreciated guys.

Put simply, the 1 stop only rule will work well for the remaining normal round. So that's the way we will go. (the reality is that in a 45 minute race with the life of the tires there is no perfect solution. this way will still give us some close racing which is what we are after at the end of the day, with a little strategy depending on how hard you want to push the softs and how fast you can go on the hards)

The regs are now as follows for the remaining 45 min races.

You can run either the hard or soft tire for qually, but you must start the race on that tire.

You are only allowed to have 1 pit stop during the race, and you must run both compounds during the race. The tires will do this comfortably. It's up to you when you come in, and how hard you push the softs.

We will keep this tire model for the remaining rounds.

The exception will be the enduro, regs to finalized for that round.

I will add into the division threads, can the captains / hosts / mods please message drivers in your divs so everyone knows about the week off and the change to tire regs.

Div 1. Aussie, cyber
    Div 2. Me
    Div 3. Blue, Gary
    Div 4. Clevo, rumbles

Thanks guys
    Stu
  9. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Sounds good stu, well done.
  10. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    no worries stu i'll get onto it today.
  11. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    to easy Stu,
    Well done on get this sorted Stu.

Top Job mate.
  12. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

I tried to online to help testing but noone was on and i logged off about 9:30 edst :(
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Sorry squeaky jocks. Must have missed you by 5 mins.
  14. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    All DIV4 drivers have been PSN messaged in regards to this weeks non-race round/break, as mentioned in the message I propose that div 4 have a prac meet in our normal timeslot.

Will address tyre regs during prac and leading up to Laguna.
  15. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Just a slight suggestion:

Since the tyre models changed [a week prior to D9 starting], maybe we move back to a single tyre model (medium) in the next League Series?

It will remove arguments or assertions and put a 'better' strategy in place where you need to nurse your tyres to have a Win? We have used that since I joined the league in S6 until now, and now [the 2 tyre option] has proved to be an issue.

KISS principle, and I do not mean the band :lol:
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yeah, I agree in principal rumbles.

In the past we have run series with the 2 tire rule and it worked really well. The longer lasting tire, and relative short race length has made it really hard.

I would imagine next season will be one tire, let's get through this one first ;)
  17. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Agreed, lets not change this series more than we already have!!
  18. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    OK, sorry fellas, I know this is happening no matter what, but seriously...... changing the regulations not even halfway through the season is just plain stupid.

That is my thoughts on it plain and simple, not commenting on the regulations themselves, just why change the goalposts so much after effectively TWO rounds only - it doesn't make any sense. Changes should be left to the new season, not midway due to a throwaway comment on the forum.
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Point taken Turbo, but in reality (after all the debate) its a very small change.

Restricting the pit to 1 just means that there will be a little more strategy, which is what the whole 2 tire rule was there for in the first place.

The 2 tires are still the same, so with the pit restriction i think its a smart move. I think you will find that most people will run very similar strategy, but it will come down to how well you can get the soft to last, or how hard you can push the hard.

As for the throw-away line on the forum, we never picked that there would be such a big gap between the 2 tires, and that the pace would last so long on the softer tire. In the past the softs would last 6 or 7 laps, and the drop off was huge. The new model sees the tire hold its pace for 75 % of its life. I don't think that stopping after 1 lap for the faster tire was what we were looking for !

ALSO, real series use different tire regs all the time. F1 does, so do the V8s. If we need to change to give a better race, even if its mid series because of a model that changed 1 week before the start then thats what needs to happen.

Stu
  20. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    I agree with turbo that we really shouldn't change regulations in the middle of a season, especially when it's such a short season. F1 and V8s have nearly 20 races, which is why there are mid season tightening of rules.

Besides, there have been many cases in F1 where they ran a tyre for 1 lap, and when refuelling was required, a splash and dash. In V8s too, except when the pit lane was closed.

Restricting the pit stop to 1 does not necessarily mean more strategy. Just means that we are now restricted to 2 strategies: start on soft or start on hard. I do not believe that it makes for a better race. Yes, there's a big gap between the 2 tyres. It just means that after a few races, we will all settle into an optimum method.

Personally, I prefer a single tyre choice and open pits, so it boils down to just how well you can take care of tyres. Remember that the original motivation for the Sunday series was just to turn on PS3 and race, essentially a fixed race only about how you drive.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.