GT5 The Rumble(shorts) Strip!

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Rumbleshorts, May 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

2. zampli

zampli Team Driver

3. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  4. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    :p
    MMMMMMMMMM ARRRR the temptation is high with this one O-b-1-car-nooo-bie :lol:

that will be a very interesting situation m8...

Road Rage and demo derby in the middle of the house with the handbrake.
    (no matter if you rage quit, there is no getting out of that situation m8). fun times to be had. :lol: :lol:

and do i have to ask ya m8.

can she drive faster then you??? :p :lol:
  5. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

We still good to go with this series Rumbles? I am yet to test and tune my GT, might have to do it Monday afternoon. Anyways, I'm still in.
  6. Hosie09

Hosie09 Stevie

I don't think anyone has tested and tuned.
  7. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    unless there is a miraculous fix for the tv, (something stupid like pressing the right button at the right time !!) think i may be out of action for this one for round 1.......sorry guys

Edit, TV Goooooooonnnnneeeeee !!! In for repairs, no idea how long for....hopefully wont be out of action too long. Will still push for a top 4 teams spot chev, team chew will be back !!
  8. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Not good Stu, that's why you need 2 tv's, a spare one in the shed and a mate down the road. Need to plan for these eventualities man!!

Will be there, may be slightly late. So no supercharger or top end turbo, no LSD and no 3rd stage engine tuning. Is that the go Rumbles?
  9. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

That's the go Anon.

I will be opening the room @ about 7:45 for some pre-race prac/ fine tuning.
  10. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

I can't get my GT to 650pp. I assume everyone else is in the same boat.
  11. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Think mines at around 635PP
  12. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Im not racing tonight, I might make the next one tho.
  13. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

OK, learned a couple of things tonight. Sorry to everyone for the teething problems that occurred due to my learning curve. I guess it could have been worse :lol:

1. I missed a number of crucial points in the first post, which were horribly highlighted tonight - Sorry to everyone :(
    a. One or two compounds - Two will be the go as decided pre-race;
    b. Cars will be limited by BHP rather than PP for ALL races. PP leaves to much open to issues as some can run cars in and others cannot + the power limiter/torque issue that occurs every TT;
    c. Oil change pre-race;
    d. I will post how many laps for the track on the forum prior to the race start, but still will not mention the track. The track will be the one you see when you join my lobby.

2. A couple of things that were asked pre-race that have already been mentioned in the first post:
    a. It is no LSD, stage 3 engine or super/Hi turbo
    b. Tyres are RH/RM or SSM/SS depending on the car.

One thing I didn't do is stick to myt guns regarding start times. I went all mangina and waited for Aza & Aussie to rejoin when based on my initial post I could have just gone Q @ 8:30 & race @ 8:40 Guess I am too nice of a person so I will remove that part.

The laps determined prior to the race will still have to stand though otherwise I lose a qual time jumping in & out to reset the value. Maybe I should set the race to be based on 30 minutes to allow for that? Otherwise finish time could be 10:30 :p Up to you guys.

I sincerely apologise for making this first race somewhat of a debarcle :(

By race cars, I think I actually meant LMP as race cards are limited for the 725PP field, but am changing it to a BHP thing anyway for all races due to PP issues. Maybe turn that into a Cobra round to celebrate the life of Carroll?
  14. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Wasn't a debacle Rumbles, it's just a learning curve. This is meant to be a less serious series compared to Sunday night so it's all good. Next week will be smoother. Results:

Anon
    Hosie
    Chev
    Aza
    TopCat
    Enforcer
    Darko
    Zampi
    Stumbles
    Aussie
    Rumbles

That's one slippery sucker of a car. Glad that isn't a track we use often. Good racing Zampi, Chev, Hosie. Was really a race of wait for the mistake...
  15. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Admittedly my 11th was due to a DC from my own room. If I hadn't disconnected, I would have beaten aussie :p

Track is interesting which is why I chose it. It is a lot different to normal GVS and much different to a lot of tracks used in the main series races :)

A brutal one, but a learning curve either way :D
  16. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Ok, here's a link to my replay Rumbles... (umm, its 54MB :eek: )

http://www.4shared.com/rar/KmtiAbrb/Rumblestrip_1.html

(Hope that works, server became unavailable during the upload)

And in case you haven't done it before, instructions for getting it onto your PS3...

Ok, now that you have downloaded the replay, unzip it (it's a RAR file) to your computer desktop.
    Insert a USB drive and copy the PS3 file to the USB.
    Stick the USB into your PS3 BEFORE you load the game.
    On the PS3 dashboard, In the "GAME" section (where you start GT5), scroll up 2 spots and you will see "SAVED DATA UTILITY". Click on that and select your USB device... (should be second one down).
    Click on your USB device and it will have a replay icon there. Press the TRIANGLE button and select COPY.
    Job done, start your game and go to the replay facility, hit the "IMPORT" button (just above the exit and search buttons) find the replay in the list that comes up (will only be one if you haven't tried this before or exported any replays) and hit X.
  17. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Aww crap, I have to sign up to D/L.. Or don't I? If I do, so be it :) Please let me know.
  18. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Shouldn't have to sign up, not completely sure though.

Should just be able to click the blue "download now" button.
  19. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Hmm, just clicked link on my iPhone, looks like you do need to sign up. Sorry, at least it's free :)
  20. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

All good :) Will grab it tomorrow.

BTW, who would care too much if I made a change to one of the races and made it a Carrol Shelby tribute race instead? Any particular race people aren't too interested in?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.