GT5 WORLD TRACK ENDURANCE CHAMPIONSHIP.

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Cyber_STIG_77, Aug 21, 2012.

1. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    blah, tried to take a different car to everyone else (just because), choose the supra, not happy with it, end up using CLK merc tc, and start race, realise it's not up to scratch and park it.

sorry guys, wasn't feeling it tonight. last time i used the weider as it suits my style and i'll think i'll continue to use it for the next rounds....

happy days ahead :)
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    All good beannie, I parked it after I was guaranteed 4th !!!!

Bloody hot here, sweating like a mongrel, will probably get off the drip next week !!!

Looked like a great race up front, but cutting laps like that on my own got a bit tedious. :(

Gotta say though, once I kinda got my head round that track, it's a cracka ...
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Sorry about not being able to join fellas. I had a blast with cj, joe and a mate of mine who isn't part of the site, but man, this is shaping up to be a classic.
  4. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Thanks for the race lads. Those who haven't competed in these events, sign up and get on the grid. These enduro's are a great challenge.

WD Zamps! Making a habit of winning atm, good stuff. I have put my kids on ebay, so I hope to have zero interruptions for the next race.
  5. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    I think i will be giving this a go as my Wednesday nights seem to be resonable free at the moment- Next race at Fuji which i love.
    Need to look at what car to drive - any suggestions?
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Anything FR, non tuned to 585 PP i think it is.
    Race hard tires.
    Damage on full.
  7. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I should be there next race ill be using the Wieder HSV.
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Check with cyber about the car. Anon is already driving it.......

Will be great to have a few new guys on the grid for this series.
  9. WAC

PSN ID

So i'm guessing we need to have a different car to everybody else? - going to go check the garage to see what's
    lying around.
  10. zampli

zampli Team Driver

im pretty sure u can still use same car, cyber doesnt mind. first race there were two xanavi gtrs so should be good for two hondas.
    @anon i couldnt believe how much u were catching on one of those stints. tbh, i wasnt entirely concerned by your practice/qually pace but in the race, i couldnt keep u back far enough. my tyres couldnt really go faster so couldnt do much about it, i wanna compare the honda sometime as well to see how they match up.
  11. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Didn't do much practice. Cyber said 52's were on the pace, so aimed for that. Then you cracked some 51's in practice and qual, so I was just planning to get onto your bumper in stick there!! Sadly the Honda (and more the driver) wasn't well trained in the draft and I got lost a few times in stint 1. The middle 15 laps the car felt awesome, and I had no traffic, so I just thought I'd hot-lap. Was really enjoying the challenge of bringing my times down, only realised how close I'd gotten near the end of the stint. By then I had Miss 9 asking for help with this, that and the other so I picked a random no. for fuel and ran off to get her sorted for bed. Got back in time to see my car pulling out of the pits in front of yours, "Crap, not enough fuel!" I thought. Not that it mattered, I smashed you so hard on the 2nd last lap I needed a pit anyway. Sorry about that, but Miss 9 was back complaining she couldn't sleep etc. My wife arrived home 10 min's later....

Look forward to the next round.

PS The Honda is quick, but the long straights hurt it - so that track was always going to make it look good. Plus it has another Achillies heel. By the end of an enduro it has lost a fair bit of power, probably 10-15bhp. It needs an oil change for every pit-stop!! But it sounds great and rev's out over 10k rpm!!!! Love it!!
  12. zampli

zampli Team Driver

^thats what i thought, the GTR's top speed advantage only really came into play on the second and last straight, didnt really do much on the pit straight, but thats probably more to do with the last set of corners at motegi i think since we have to slow down quite a bit.
    dont worry about the bump, that was the only time we touched at all really and we pretty much had a battle the whole of the last stint. it did make me think if i had broke too early but i thought i couldnt have broken that much earlier, considering the force you hit me with lol. didnt do much to my car, only minor damage on both sides at the back.
  13. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    What Fuji layout we using here?
  14. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    any leaderboard updates? :)
  15. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    ladder and calender updated, Fuji F, 55 laps, march 13.
  16. WAC

PSN ID
    55 laps!! :eek:
    Hells teeth! - so that's 1 x heineken per 8 laps = 7 bottles - geez i don't think i'm going to find the finish line by that
    stage. :p

Edit: On a slightly more serious note - i see a 8.15pm start and trying to work that back to NZ time - Brisbane is currently 3hrs behind
    us or is based on Sydney time zone which is 2hrs behind?
    Either way it sounds like a very late night for me!
    Thanks

edit 2: I wish to pick the M3 - I see Chev is also using it but has not been racing in this of late
    - any protests for me using it?
  17. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Had a feeling the M3 was a bit off the pace?? The GT-R's are all quick, and there are a few varieties. There are 2 Mazda's that I was looking at initially... RX-7 and 8, I think the 8 was the pick. Fudging quick. Standards though.
  18. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    Chev hasn't been online for a long time so I'll put you in his spot, you can use the m3 but like anon said they are a bit off the pace for some reason
  19. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    GT-R and Weider should be the quickest, SC430 GT500 would be a little behind, and the only car other then those that might be competitive would be the Oreca Viper imo, DTM reg cars just are no where near as planted as Super GT cars(even though the M3 is a Fia GT2 Car from memory).
  20. WAC

PSN ID
    Having done a bit of testing yesterday i found the GTR's were the easiest to drive (that translates to boring for me) the honda's were quick and a little loose and the M3 was real loose but fun...now i'm confused about what to drive - 55laps is a long time to be in the seat trying to keep it on the black stuff so maybe boring translates into actually finishing!
    Never thought to try the Viper!...gonna do a few laps to see what i can do with it.
    Sorry Cyber - hope you don't mind me changing what car to drive?