GT5 WORLD TRACK ENDURANCE CHAMPIONSHIP.

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Cyber_STIG_77, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    its fine if you change, just do some testing and let me know by wednesday :)
  2. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Cyber, I have a uni mate visiting from Perth. I'll be out Wednesday trying to remember what it was like before wife, kids and mortgage! Then waking Thursday remembering I'm not 21 anymore!!! Have fun lads.
  3. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Won't be able to make this race, have to work night shift for the next two weeks which is right when this race is on.

Edit: situation changed im back in.
  4. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Ok...i'm going to take a punt on the CLK Merc for this race.
    I know it is under powered compared to the rest on offer but after bashing out some laps last night
    it was pretty stable and the fact it is 100kg lighter than anything else on the road i'm hoping it will be
    kinder on the tyres as well.
    Start time please?
  5. Cyber_STIG_77

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    10 min qually at 8pm sydney time, race start at 8:10 pm
    RH tyres
    Heavy damage
    Tyre wear on fast
    585pp
  6. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Just a warning though, that car will be much slower then the GT500 cars at the same PP, its the side effect you get for a more driveable car.
  7. WAC

PSN ID
    can't find the room
  8. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    You have to be friends with cyber its in his lounge.
  9. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Man that was rewarding, 1st stint starting from pole, I just tried to save fuel and see where everyone is at, I kept 1st for about 3-4 laps then cyber passed me, and i just tagged behind him for a few laps to judge his pace, then i saw zamps behind catching quite quickly, knowing i had saved quite a bit of fuel by this point(around lap 7) shifting about 1.5k off redline, i just tried to nail some qualiy laps till my first stop on lap 11.

Managed to pass cyber and get enough distance to avoid draft, car was easily the fastest in the middle sector which is how i manged to get the gap big enough, then i built a gap of about 4 seconds before i pitted lap 11 thinking of going for a 4 stopper wanting to avoid getting close to the cliff of grip, by the time it was approaching lap 20 i knew i had to convert it to a 3 stopper but i barely put much fuel in from my last stop so i had to pit on lap 23 a 4 stopper couldn't catch the pit stop gap from zamps 2 stopper which even if it was a 3 stopper would of been out of my reach, so there was no point going for that.

so on my 2nd stop I just went for a full tank knowing I can go atleast 15 or so laps and then I would only need to pit once more. once I got out cyber was leading but I knew zamps in 2nd was the real person I had to look for as after cyber pitted for the second time Zamps was about 17 seconds ahead of me, luckly I had tyres that were about 5 laps newer so I was catching at about half a second to a second a lap, I knew if I was going to be in the lead for the last stint I had to get the gap down to atleast 10 seconds and the extra fuel I had will let me leave the pit first when i go for another full tank pit stop when zamps does his 2nd and final stop as that strategy is basically dictated by how long the feul will last so i knew he would be going for a full tank aswell.

after my 3rd stop following zamps into the pit on lap 37 i think it was he was about 7 seconds ahead, I had a 8 second gap leaving and I just tried to keep my lap times around the 1:40 mark till the tyres where fully set in and then just nailed in about 5 qualify laps that where all pretty much 1:39 flats and set my fastest lap in the process, that got the gap to about 13 seconds, then after that my tyres where a bit slippery fearing zamps might of tried to save his tyres to go all out in the last few laps I tried to save them as much as I could even still zamps only caught about 1 second on me on the final laps and I was able to score a comfortable victory.

Very happy my first victory on any ROOZ race and the longest race I have done as well, it wasn't easy as for 90% of the race I didn't see a single car and was very hard to focus but I managed, also very happy I only received 1 penalty all race its usually a track I get killed in penaltys, either way awesome race.
  10. WAC

PSN ID
    clearly i don't know how the psn system works! - i thought i could join thru mustafur's link? - gutted i missed this as i had done a fair amount of practice..
  11. Cyber_STIG_77

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    I sent a friend request to you, wasn't sure what it was so I just made it the same as your Rooz name ?
  12. WAC

PSN ID
    PSN - TTR_joe90
    completely :):):):)ed this up didn't i - should have sorted it out days ago but no, i have to leave it till the last minute
    to realize i can't join the room!
  13. Cyber_STIG_77

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    lol, ill FR you tonight
  14. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    damn, i missed it - spent the night with the missus so i'm not feeling too gutted about it lol
  15. WAC

PSN ID
    sounds like you were driving something ;)
    sprint or enduro?
  16. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    haha, it was an enduro of 'some' type :)
  17. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    X4rotorsploxX S.Leonheart (GT6)
    Hey Stig, any spaces left by any chance?
  18. zampli

zampli Team Driver

although im clearly not stig lol, there are plenty of available spaces, we've only had 5 or 6 the past couple of races.
    so yeah, should be fine, good bet for the car will be either one of the nissans or the weider.
  19. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    X4rotorsploxX S.Leonheart (GT6)
    haha, sweet I'll have a look around some of the cars. I do love my NSX's but I'll take a few cars out, compare them etc.
  20. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    When is the next race cyber?