GT5 WORLD TRACK ENDURANCE CHAMPIONSHIP.

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Cyber_STIG_77, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    17th of April , I'll get the laps updated on the weekend :)
  2. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    X4rotorsploxX S.Leonheart (GT6)
    Car I've chosen Cyber is the Mobil 1 NSX '01. We are free to use standard cars correct?
  3. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    No MR has to be FR drivetrain.
  4. Cyber_STIG_77

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    As Muz said it has to be FR, the MR cars are much faster. Standards are fine to use.
  5. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    Ooooh, didn't even notice that lol. Ohwell, I don't want to conform and use a HSV-010 so i'll see what I can find.
  6. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I've tested basically every combo that can be done and unless you use a GT-R your going to be off pace, The Petronas SC430 is the next best then your looking over a second off the pace(keep in mind i did this testing at the next round at Tsukuba, it would be even larger at bigger tracks).
  7. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    Thanks Musta, I found that out myself, 35 GTR's are quick and very easy to drive, tried a few others, Catrol '00 Supra was about .3 off at lagauna but it was much harder to drive consistently with it. 34's are just painful with understeer, well the ones I tested.

I'll see how the Woodone's GTR goes, tryin to keep a lil variety lol.
  8. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    GT5s PP model favours N/A cars with Low torque massively, since torque gives you PP on this game the less of it the more power to weight it can have at the same PP, this is why you will Find pretty much any Honda is competitve at any PP you put it at, since there whole brand is based around High reving N/A engines with low torque.

There might be a Few LM cars like the RX8 concept which would also be a good match as im pretty sure its N/A, I already tried the RX7 LM around tsukuba and i was 1 second off pace, but its Turbocharged.

Also if you detune a car too much to get to a certain PP it will also be uncompetitve as for some reason it manages to keep the same torque figure as it does when it has no restriction so the car will tend to have much less power then its competition.
  9. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    Yeah I know about the torque favoring and what not musta, does make a massive difference in HP/KG restrictions though. Had a castrol NSX with minimal DF and a ford Gt with 15kg more and same power, not sure about DF, destroyed me in the straights though.

I'm pretty sure the RX8 is turbocharged, well mine was, didnt check settings, but it was definately slower than the '08 Calsonic.

EDIT: It would have to be turbo'd as I had tuning prohibited at the time.
  10. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Remember tuning is prohibited, putting on a turbo and detuning gives you much more torque then just taking it off and then detuning.

But yeah FR wise the choice is minimal.
  11. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    Edited post above, and yeah I always prefer to leave NA race cars NA. Especially Honda's and the 787B.. 787B shouldnt even be allowed to have the option lol.
  12. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Do you have the V12 Lister Storm race car?

Im pretty sure its N/A but its soo bloody hard to find.

Also im confused on the Amuse S2000 GT1, is it a race car or a road car?

To me it looks like some Time attack hill climb car but im not sure.
  13. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    nah I dont have it, can't even say I have seen it. I'd definately assume it is NA.

Personally I think the GT1 is definately a time attack sorta car. Just can't really picture it in anything else.
  14. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Ok i did some more testing this is what I found and its quite shocking.

Hadn't really tried the GT-R before as I knew it would be around if not a bit slower then the weider, but i tried the Calsonic around Tsukuba and it was .06 faster with the GT-R, i tried the Petronas agian and managed to be .2 off pace but i think in race conditions it would be enough to stay.

Then I tried the Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo(not sure if this is allowed yet) just to see where it stands, and i beat all the times by a tenth!

Its more on the limit then the the Super GT cars around the track though and you can see it lacks a bit of downforce but it makes up on the straights i wouldn't mind using it lol.
  15. Cyber_STIG_77

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    The gt1 s2000 is a road car, gt1 spec ;)

I did a lot of testing before this series started and found even the high torque cars were still competitive eg xnavi 370z gt500 car, because they were much easier to drive and tyre wear was better, the sc430's are definatly on the pace as they were one of the cars i recommended before we started. The TC are very competitive too ev RX7 TC but is a handfull and a bit nasty on its tyres.
    A good way to test the power of the high torque cars is to do the speed test, it will give you 1/4 mile, 0-100 and top speed over 1000m which is a good indicator of overall power performance. The other thing to consider is downforce as it also effects the pp calculation, best to find a car with a similar amount of downforce as the GT500 cars, this is designed to be a "gt500 type" championship and the gt500 cars are all quite competitive against each other.
  16. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    So, I have finally found a car I'm satisfied with, The WOODONE ADVAN Clarion GTR '08. And no one is using it yet so, yay vareity lol.
  17. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    It's not slower then the Calsonic?
  18. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    They're close, personally I prefer the Woodone. And someone is already using the calsonic so see how it goes in 3 weeks time.
  19. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    i have 1, but i'm pretty sure i CAN'T give it away :( it's a PIG to drive too :mad:
  20. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Whats up with the points table, it looks highly confusing.