GT5 WORLD TRACK ENDURANCE CHAMPIONSHIP.

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Cyber_STIG_77, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    If you had pitted i reckon you could of came 2nd though.
  2. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    3 Stopper was definitely the way to go in this race, Very satisfied to win with the Lexus.
  3. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    X4rotorsploxX S.Leonheart (GT6)
    Really? Thought Aussie wouldn't have been to far away. None the less I found it fun, just a mistake is soo costly to the point of cbf-ing, well for me anyways lol.

I liked my over-undercut, wasn't expecting to come out in front.
  4. zampli

zampli Team Driver

if aussie had put enough fuel in his last stop, you probably wouldve been third then if you still continued on.
    was lucky to come 2nd in that race, cyber probs wouldve had it if he didnt mess up, 2 stop got hopelessly outclassed in that race.
  5. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Race recap:

Started 2nd after rotor left the grid and lost his front row position, stayed in 2nd for about a lap then Aussie made a mistake and I took 1st, after abit of shuffling around I started to lose a bit of pace on the front guys after I got hit by anon I think and i had a bit of damage so I pitted on lap 24 knowing my tyres where not going to hold up for a 2 stopper and then went for hot laps on half fuel, rotor then came out of the pits in front of me which I assumed he fueled less as I was lapping much faster then before I pitted. Rotor was slightly faster then me but made a few mistakes here and there which allowed me to just stay with him, then the ghost cars of anon and zamps came being a lap down with what I assumed was heavy fuel was a good guide for pace and lucky for me was able to use their draft.

Then at around lap 49 I pitted again for my 2nd stop and put in 52 litres I then rejoined in front of anon and zamps except this time they were on the same lap, lucky for me I was on new tyres and manged to pull away quite quickly, after I saw rotor had spinned out and left I felt the race was coming to me, so I just kept my pace very consistent till my next stop then same agian, after aussie pitted again a few laps from the finish I gave up trying to keep pace and just cruised to a pretty easy victory.

Race results: [​IMG]
  6. zampli

zampli Team Driver

yea i realised 2 stop was going to be bad when you were still in front after your 2nd pitstop, so we both still had to make 1 more pitstop. couldnt believe how much it failed, lucky anon followed me regarding pit strategy and not someone else lol, with 10 laps to go i was thinking i was going to be 4th or 5th with aussie in 2nd and cyber catching up quickly with 8-9 lap newer tyres.
  7. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    First thing say is that qually was aggressively intense, was very happy to snag pole.
    i kept punching out laps in qually and lower my time twice.
    2 lap of qually produced the first blow with 53.897 (think)
    2-3 laps later i lower the by 2 tenths with a 53.69?
    then the lap after that knocked half a tenth out to lower the target again..

All that work was to keep Mustafur off pole :p :D

as for the race i don't remember much besides driving like a mad man going

throttle, brake, understeer, riiiight, oversteer,
    throttle, left, brake, right, slide, leeeeft,
    throttle oversteer, brake, udersteer right, understeer left, slide riiiiiight,
    throttle, weeeeee down the straight
    brake, riiiiight weeee
    throttle straight. back to the top X 100

in between all that pit, crash (rubbed the wall on the exit of the back straight X2 Damage GRRRR),
    ran wide on last corner X2, forgot how many time i ran wide everywhere else.
    Just know running out of fuel sucks donkey dudes :p

very enjoyable but just about kill me :p
    Well done Fur, Z and Anon..
  8. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    I don't remember hitting you Musta, unless it was lag? Could be wrong, apologies if it was me. Was so wishing I was in the HSV. Quickly realised in qual the GT-R was off the pace, 420bhp compared to 470(ish) doesn't help, and I need all the help I can get to keep up with you guys. Still a fun car to drive. Had no idea on strategy so followed Zamp's (will be the last time I do!!), but the last set of tyres were terrible, understeer city, don't think it was the grip glitch, but it was definitely harder to drive. Distant third thanks to fuel calculations being done on the fly by Cyber and Aussie, otherwise it would have been a very distant last... Yeah Rotor, you would have easily finished higher even with the extra pit. I won't be visiting Tsukuba for a while after that...
  9. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Anon you should of used the normal GTRs the stealth is much lighter and in return you get much less power.
  10. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    X4rotorsploxX S.Leonheart (GT6)
    And remember Anon, Aussie got pole and he was in the XANAVI GTR.
  11. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    From all the cars i tried here(Calsonic GTR, Weider HSV and Petronas SC430) the GTR was the faster car by about a tenth over the weider(with the Lexus a further 2 tenths behind the Weider), whilst being the easiest to drive.

I took a gamble on the Lexus because I felt the understeer will neutralize with low fuel, and i was right and I managed to get a 53.4 out of it in my last stint.
  12. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

What happened to Joe? I was gonna race but couldnt really be stuff doing a 100 laps with no notice. i was kinda expecting the kart night any.
  13. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Was left alone in a Div 1 nightmare!
    I bailed on lap81 (thought i had helped you into the barrier on the back straight Aussie?)
    just could not go on.
    The different pit stops made it interesting on such a small track but a completely botched attempt into pitlane saw me spatout across the track into the wall - limp entire track back to pits...so my 2 stop undercut is dead and buried (not that i stood a chance anyway!)
    Great idea the enduro's but would like some company on the track for a few laps at least :p
  14. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    You should of choose a GTR or weider, the clk is off pace pretty much everywhere ive tried it.
  15. zampli

zampli Team Driver

good turnout at least this week, enjoying this series cyber, strange to think it started 6 months ago with the very first one at spa
  16. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    It was great to see a few more on the grid and how time flys, next round is monza and should be a cracker if we get a couple more on the grid :)
  17. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Isn't it Laguna?

And just to clarify are we able to change cars for every race or just once?

Because i was going to treat the lexus as a one off, as i know i wont stand a chance at normal sized tracks(as there is soo much understeer).
  18. zampli

zampli Team Driver

yeah it is laguna, cyber was just getting excited for monza lol, wonder if stu will be ready by then, he loved that in the gt500s.
    car should be fine, its a pretty lax series and there arent huge numbers anyway, i hope to use the weider sometime, just not sure when, i really like the gtr.
  19. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Yeah im keen to use the Weider for the rest of the series.
  20. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    as long as it fits the regs i don' have a problem with changing your car, i've been thinking of using a different car myself.